More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 16:24:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I just love Echo!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I just love Echo!  (Read 20599 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: I just love Echo!
« Reply #50 on: 2006 June 18, 14:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was never in the army!  (And you coule easily replicate your meals and stick them into someone's inventory!)

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 June 18, 18:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Married twice, to army vets.  Heard a lot of the lingo over the years!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 June 18, 18:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(And you coule easily replicate your meals and stick them into someone's inventory!)
Are you aware that replicated food has lower hunger value than "real" food cooked by level 10 chefs?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 June 18, 19:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But better than lunchmeat sandwiches cooked by beginners!

Zephyr Zodiac
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 June 19, 10:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Colossal cave.....  I never got the hang of SimAnt and SimCity was impossible when you upped the difficulty, remember that awful disaster noise when your whole city was going up in flames?  I still play Colonization - anyone ever heard of it?  By today's standard the graphics suck and the music always was glitchy and electronic sounding, but I remember just loving the beginning with the intro picks of European docks and then this little ship in the middle of the big blue ocean with no land in sight....  Still play it sometimes.

What's the point in cheating? - cheats cheat themselves.. mum was a teacher so I absorbed that whole ethic like blotting paper.  The game's too easy already.  I cheat when something has screwed up on the lot, but that's about it.

SimAnt just aggravated me, SimFarm even more so, but Colonization is still fun! Transport Tycoon Deluxe too. I get all my old games from "Home of the Underdogs" (can't get link to there at work).

INTJ
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 June 19, 12:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you download the from there?  Would I be able to play SimCity 2 again?

Zephyr Zodiac
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 June 19, 16:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimAnt just aggravated me, SimFarm even more so, but Colonization is still fun! Transport Tycoon Deluxe too. I get all my old games from "Home of the Underdogs" (can't get link to there at work).
http://www.the-underdogs.info

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 June 19, 17:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link, Venusy!  But I can't find the original SimCity2000 there, only the Network edition.  Maybe I'll try again at getting my copy to work!  I will go back later for the original game though.

Zephyr Zodiac
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 June 19, 17:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimAnt rocked my world when I was around 9. I was always fascinated by the people living in the house that you could infest, and wished I could play them. (Wish granted.)

SimCity2000 also had me deeply obsessed. I still crack it out once a year or so.

SimEarth just blew.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 June 19, 17:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nailati, how did you get SC2000 to install and play on an XP - I couldn't even do it with my old ME, it would install fine, but kept crashing.

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 June 19, 17:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nailati has a Mac.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 June 19, 20:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We had SimAnt on our middle school's GT classroom MAC.

It was fun. We had fun sending our ants out to get gobbled up. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 June 19, 20:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well, that explains it, it's a different version anyway! I think I even tried on XP with the tool that updates programs, but no luck.

Zephyr Zodiac
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 June 19, 21:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there an emulator for an older version of Windows that you can download? I don't know, I'm thinking of an Apple II/c emulator I downloaded so I could play my childhood favorite Below the Root (not that fancypants color version, though).

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 June 19, 21:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As it happens, I still have the disks for Windows 3.1 I think it was, and the accompanying dos disks (the game was actually played in dos but loaded in windows, I think, and I had to write some kind of subroutine to get it to work because the machine I had was supposedly not powerful enough to play it. I can't remember that much about what I did now, but it was all very complicated!)

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 June 19, 23:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But better than lunchmeat sandwiches cooked by beginners!
But not as good as the MREs!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 June 20, 04:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well, we each play in our own way, I actually like seeing my sims sit down for a meal together.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 June 20, 10:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The odds of that many sims simultaneously being hungry are really rather low, since unlike TS1, hunger decays vary greatly not only from one age category to the next, but even from sim-to-sim based on their different work schedules and personalities. In a family of 8, it is execeedingly rare for more than one or two sims to be hungry at any given time.

Besides, sitting down "together" for a meal is unnatural. Food is something that you kill and drag back to your lair to devour in peace.

kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 June 20, 11:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well, we each play in our own way, I actually like seeing my sims sit down for a meal together.

I do too - it increases their social and it helps with relationships.  I find that soem sims will sit after they have finished eating to stay and chat.  Only problem is it takes 3 (sim) hours to finish a meal.

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 June 20, 11:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it usually hurts relationships more than it helps. If your relationships are already at 100, they have nowhere to go but down, and so you want to avoid regular conversations, which invariably turn out bad. Sims simply cannot resist an opportunity to demonstrate what retarded, mouthbreathing jackasses they are.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 June 21, 00:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How very realistic. Many people I know fall into that category too.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 June 21, 03:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do too - it increases their social and it helps with relationships.  I find that soem sims will sit after they have finished eating to stay and chat.  Only problem is it takes 3 (sim) hours to finish a meal.

It is most annoying when they talk during dates. They have barely finished half their food before the date ends  Angry

A family dinner is fun but I will probably fall asleep by the time they finish eating  Roll Eyes

Go Away
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 June 21, 04:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MREs?  Those blow!!  yech..nothing like spaghetti  in a bag...(chef boyardee in a bag)  yech.....  How come (Nilati) your windows wouldnt play SC2000?  MIne plays it and the simcity 4  no problems.

JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2006 June 21, 04:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there an emulator for an older version of Windows that you can download?

Try dosbox. I use it to run Sherlock Holmes and the serrated scalpel. Awesome game.

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 June 21, 06:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MREs?  Those blow!!  yech..nothing like spaghetti  in a bag...(chef boyardee in a bag)  yech.....  How come (Nilati) your windows wouldnt play SC2000?  MIne plays it and the simcity 4  no problems.

Kewian, enlighten me - how do you get it to work without crashing or running at 10 times normal speed?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: