More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 11:41:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How are townies meeting each other?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How are townies meeting each other?  (Read 2068 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
How are townies meeting each other?
« on: 2006 August 24, 17:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a new hood (no subhoods) and deleted all characters. I created townies (all females) played them for a bit then added them to the townie pool (with shrub). All their memories were erased and they were given the generic townie memories. Ok, so far.
I then created all men townies, played them for a bit and added them to the townie pool. None of the men met any of the females before I added them to the townie pool.

Now when I play my playable sims houses, who I have yet to send to a community lot, and the townies pass by sometimes they will wave at each other etc. Ok, that's normal, but what caught my attention was when some of the men and female townies began flirting with each other autonomously, charming, etc. on my sims front lawns, and it was being accepted. I selected them to check their relationship scores and some of them are at friend status with each other and a few have developed crushes. They have no memories of meeting each other, etc.
How can these townies be getting jumps in their relationship scores when I haven't even been to a community lot where they would be allowed to mingle with each other? Does the game automatically create townie relationships or is there a secret place that the townies go to that I don't know about?

The only hacks I have in regards to relationships are the romancemod and norandomflirts. I did have 2Jeff's casual romance (the old one) but I took that out before creating this hood.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: How are townies meeting each other?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 24, 21:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game does it automatically.  All townies & downtownies are given friendships with a small selection of other townies (the number varies) at random.  I think it's so that when your newly-moved in Sims get their 6pm invite downtown, the townie who invites them has some other friends to bring along.  If you don't want them to have these friendships, remove them in SimPE.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Re: How are townies meeting each other?
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 24, 22:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow, I didn't know that, thanks Ancient.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: