More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 16:04:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  This is just weird
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This is just weird  (Read 8380 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
This is just weird
« on: 2008 November 06, 20:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game has done something weird. You see, I started playing a family I just made, and they were all messed up. Their needs were so out of whack, that my sims had empty energy after a day of work, when they had full before they left. Also, there were puddles in front of their violin so I had them clean the mess up, and the sim popped back. The mess just disappeared without the animation. Then a couple sim days later it was back. Cleaned it up same problem. Then it came back yet again and my sims died.

All EP's + K&B installed.

AL p2 may be a problem, because I still use Pescado's AL fixes.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: This is just weird
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 06, 21:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you followed the basic troubleshooting procedures? Debug on, no Downloads folder, etc.? Because as you described your problem could be pretty much anything.
If you didn't, do that now, then post the error log(s), so someone can try to help.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 06, 21:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never play with debug mode on. It feels just weird, and fake. Also I hadn't installed a thing since my last house, and only have some fixes, and Lord Darcy's fixed up preorders, oh and some of the fords from the site (Just love the one with the glass roof.)

I will even list every fix I have:

SW-Fish-Packing-Station
SW-Produce-Packing-Station
SW-Improved-Housekeeping
SW-Frozen-Customer-Fix
SW-Harvested-Plants-Disappear-Promptly-AL-Only
fatd-windowfix(Peasantry)
Caged Pet Fixes(Simbology)
djsplantsimfix
noalignmentreqandchange(Peasantry)
AL wall object shifting fixes (All except wall mounted TV)(Peasantry)
BG espejopluscuamperfectofix(Peasantry)
MM_ColumnTechCatalogueTextReplacement (MTS2)
LdDarcy_MaxisObjectsCenterpiece (All)
LdDarcy_Soundinfo_Fix
LdDarcy_BookcaseArtNouveauFix
zLdDarcy_SPObjectsFix
LdDarcy_TV2TiledRepairAnimFix
LdDarcy_JukeboxAnimFix
creaturefixes(Pes)
notownieregen(Pes)
alfixes(Pes)

Key:
SW=Simwardrobe

djs=DJS Sims

MTS2= Modthesims2

Pes=Pescado Obviously

LdDarcy=Lord Darcy, owner of Darcyland
« Last Edit: 2008 November 06, 21:57:17 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 06, 21:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get how can it be weird and fake, but anyway, you don't have to constantly play in debug mode if you don't want; but you have to play a bit in debug mode now, because that's the only way you can have an error log, post it here, and give us some hints about what's going on in your game when the weird things happens.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 06, 21:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How will you debug the game/system or generate potential error logs with debug mode off?  Turn it on.  You may need/want an error log.

Also, don't just list your hacks - remove them from your game and test.  Does your problem happen in a totally vanilla game?

Tribulatio proxima est
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 06, 22:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had tried with a vanilla game, and it happened all over again! Uhh! Luckily, I have not saved, and can now try with Debug Mode on.

Edit: Just tested I saw that the cat was responsible for the puddles, why always there, I don't know, but I saw it for myself. Also no error log appeared upon cleaning. I think the motives might just be in my head also. But people, keep notice because I think the patch might have brought back that old FT motive bug. My sims sleep dropped to 50 (1/4,) at work, and all of his motives were falling, including hunger.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 06, 22:33:42 by parrot » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 06, 22:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the AL patch (patch2) and am having no issue with motives for my sims at all, even those with traditional careers.

Just tested I saw that the cat was responsible for the puddles, why always there, I don't know, but I saw it for myself.
Pets will always pick the same spot to pee in. It's like real life...once they've gotten their scent on one spot, the smell draws them. Get that cat a litter box. You can also train cats to go outside like a dog (personal preference as soon as I finally realized it was an option), and to pee in the toilet.

My suspicion is that the pee-puddle jump issue isn't really a hack problem. There are some situations in which an action just can't be done in the space available, and you will have a jump. Periodically I get that with sims holding a baby in a close corner and trying to put it down. No error, happens without hacks. So depending on how the room is arranged, it's possible that your sim doesn't have the space to successfully complete the mopping animation. Again, get kitty a litter box or train it to use the toilet or yard.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 07, 21:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The weird thing is, I own a litterbox. Maybe the cat is doing this to spite me, or maybe I just need to scold him. Even so Sims shouldn't lower in hunger at a job.

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 07, 21:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The weird thing is, I own a litterbox. Maybe the cat is doing this to spite me, or maybe I just need to scold him. Even so Sims shouldn't lower in hunger at a job.

If the cat is finicky, it won't use the litterbox if it is dirty. Check to see if it does the "something in the way"-animation near the dirty litterbox. If it does, clean the damn litterbox.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 07, 22:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He hadn't used the damn litter box. Maybe I put it on an unusable angle.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 08, 21:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to scold them for peeing on the floor at least once. Go look at its learned behaviors panel. If the housebroken bar is red at all, that means they are prone to peeing in the house (generally by a kitchen table) until they have been scolded enough times (or praised enough times if they happen to pee in the litter box or outside), they will continue to pee on the floor. If there isn't a housebroken bar, the pet will only need to be scolded once or twice before they start using the litter box.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 10, 01:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea why your sims have unusually high energy drain. Are they using the Noodlesoother? Do an Info.../Motive Report for the sims losing unusual amounts of energy and report the energy decay numbers. Be aware that LAZY sims are the worst!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 10, 03:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even lazy sims aren't that bad. I'm up to my eyebrows in lazy sims.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 11, 11:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are when you're an insomniac and everyone you'd care to create as a sim is active-10. It's simply mindboggling to me how incredibly LAZY lazy sims are. If I were to want to sleep that much, I'd have turned to STONE and PETRIFIED.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 12, 05:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of it just happening to your heart.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 12, 16:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are when you're an insomniac and everyone you'd care to create as a sim is active-10. It's simply mindboggling to me how incredibly LAZY lazy sims are. If I were to want to sleep that much, I'd have turned to STONE and PETRIFIED.
Piper just keeps her ass glued to the couch and is in a constant slump when she has to actually get up and do something. Her parents are just fat. Her brother is right on the line where laziness causes issues and exhibits no bad behavior. None of them sleep outside of the 10:30PM-6:00AM allotted time, except in the case of pregnancy. They don't bother me nearly as much as the slovenly Sutherlands. While the kids were still kids, one of them dropped a toy in every available square in their room. The other brother actually put them away eventually, but two days later the floor was littered again. And the back of the living room is a long line of books from all of them reading for three seconds and then throwing them down. The parents are ten days from elderhood and have cleaned exactly one item once...the bathtub. You can't tell.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 13, 00:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*10*? Your sims go to sleep that early? See, this is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. Mine stay up until at least 0200, just like NL recommended, if they even sleep at all.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 13, 01:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Between 10:30 and midnight, yes. I need my cheetah speed time. I do pause-checks at 10:30 (kids in bed, lazy-asses in bed, sims with carpools before 7am in bed) and 12:00 (normal sims in bed). Some of them filter into bed in-between.

Your sims are probably up powerskilling. You know I have a lackadaisical approach to that.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: