More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 09:25:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New OFB info
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New OFB info  (Read 37558 times)
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
New OFB info
« on: 2005 December 04, 20:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was perusing Snooty Sims and found a link to some new Open for Business information.

http://www.eaplay.com/australia/games/pc/sims/business/

So far from what I've read, it sounds 10 times better than Nightlife.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: New OFB info
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 04, 21:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds interesting, but I don't really trust ea all that much. It's not as if they are know for consistency and customer service. However, if they keep what they promise, it sounds interesting enough to check out.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
IridescentKerry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 04, 21:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't anyone else think it's strange that it's December and we haven't had any official information off EA?
I remember in May (i.e. 4 months before NL was released) watching a 15 minute video of the NL expansion pack. We haven't even had any screen shots, or an Open For Business section on the BBS of the Sims2 official site.
Is it possible they're having trouble making it, therefore postponing the release of any info?
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 04, 21:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they're too busy making the next party pack.

I would really like to see them offer a 'Sign Shop' where we could make different takes on the already existing signs. Then all our future shops could have unigue names based on the sims that own the shops.

And where's the tatto shop? I want a tattoo parlor!

Experience with Maxis says that the '100 new items' will be some new walls, floors and pictures--just what we need more of. Oh yeah, and some new stupid hats.....
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 04, 23:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When what we really need are new, comfortable KIDS' beds, (which look like kids' beds), some different playground items as well as that boring swing (what was wrong with the sims1 climbing frame that they couldn't redo that?) and maybe the possibility of sculpture instead of painting.  I'd also like more variety at the expensive end of the range of things, so fortune sims could keep asking for something more expensive, instead of more of the SAME!  Heck, who wants 45 expensive recliners?

Zephyr Zodiac
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 04, 23:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also like more variety at the expensive end of the range of things, so fortune sims could keep asking for something more expensive, instead of more of the SAME!  Heck, who wants 45 expensive recliners?

Yes, what I most want is more expensive objects, so my fortune sims can be happy. Also, beds with higher energy levels! Why can't I have a bed that's 10 comfort, 10 energy? Weren't there beds like that in Sims 1?

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 04, 23:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only hacked ones!  I used to use the ones from Sims Interior Designs and C&CEnterprises.  (And there were some which allowed your dog to sleep on the bed, and when he/she got up in the morning they'd make it!)

Zephyr Zodiac
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 04, 23:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, hacked ones, that explains it. Are there any like that for sims 2? Or even nice new meshes based on the four-poster with the curtains, which I don't like using because it's so ... unwieldy looking. Most of the beds I've downloaded from places are 6 comfort, 6 energy, which is fine, I guess, but 8 comfrot, 8 energy would be far better.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 04, 23:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are one or two, but unless they're based on the expensive bed (the fourposter) then even if they say they're 10/10, it isn't always the case.  some of the best beds I've found for being reasonably priced and high energy are the ones from Sims2Play (the old Supersims of Sims1 days) if you're looking for free downloads.

Zephyr Zodiac
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 04, 23:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually just went to Sims2Play earlier today, lol. I really like the stuff they have there, but I think it's kind of hard to navigate. I did actually play my game between then and now, but I was trying to sort out a possible conflict with a hack (for some reason, the "try for baby" option was gone for all unmarried or not living together sims, or something ...) so I was just opening the game, trying to see if I had managed to fix something, then closing it and mucking about in my hacks folder again. I think the risky woohoo mod was causing it, which was really too bad. I'm going to go look at the Sims2Play beds in-game now though.

- WC Fields
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 05, 00:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as East European sites, go, it's one of the most navigable, and it is much faster than most.  And Shoukeir is probably one of the most talented creators around.

Try the Jazz kitchen too, it's unusual looks good in game and actually goes with the cheap orange fridge and stove!

Oh, and people have reported all kinds of problems with woohoo and romance mods.  You could try the Try for Baby option on a community lot, though.

Zephyr Zodiac
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 05, 00:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, hacked ones, that explains it. Are there any like that for sims 2?

I use these that override the defaults and give more comfort/energy to the cheapest frames. It's all I use for kids, 'cause they are banned from double beds in my game.  Cheesy

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79168
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=84182

And as far as risky woohoo goes, the inTeenimator has it built in (unless you add the flavor pack that removes it).

http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?s=3791a9176595f93403de2dafc20a3295&f=32
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 05, 00:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like my sims to suffer a bit at first! Hey, Mokey, did you know we all got banned?

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 05, 01:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, hacked ones, that explains it. Are there any like that for sims 2?

I use these that override the defaults and give more comfort/energy to the cheapest frames. It's all I use for kids, 'cause they are banned from double beds in my game.  Cheesy

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79168
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=84182

Do these ones REALLY change the comfort and energy levels or do they just change the description? The only ones I've ever seen with higher levels just change the description. I remember a thread where Pescado told someone that their change doesn't work and yet people were still thanking them saying their sims got more energy.  Roll Eyes Placebo effect I guess.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 05, 01:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah come'on:
it's pretty easy to change the comfort levels, prices, even 'look at value, etc. with SimPE--even I can do that Tongue and I do it all the time with objects I've DLed. No big deal.

And just listing the 'items' we all want will get us another pack. No thanks, no packs for me: I want the whole thing: I want the ability to build different typs of shops, like a restaurant that serves ONLY high end cusine, and one that serves ONLY pizza, one for Chinese food, a burger only joint. Different stoves for different food types. And how many burger joints, pizza shops, etc. have a Hostess at the door? Why can't we tell the sim to simply sit down and order, not going thru a hostess, and why the hell can't our sims sit down TOGETHER when not dating, to order and eat??

I want to be able to make objects (HELLO! Maxis you promised an object creation program--remember that? where is it?) If we had that in game, we could make any type of shop we wanted to (I want to be able to hang guitars on the walls of my music shop and the shopping sim pull one down and pluck a few and then buy or put it back)

And I want to be able to live over the shop and not have intruders in my home: like with Inge's apartment system, only better and simpler to use please.)

Gimme new animations--like a woohoo bush and table Smiley, new interactions with the kids and teens.

And I want to have parking lots and road side parking 'slots'.

And I want it all to be GLITCH FREE and if I have to wait ten years then I would rather that than have it crappy like NL (which I can't play with the patch because the patch is so crappy--I'm waiting for a patch for the patch...I'm tired fo having to update everything and go thru every thing with each new EP. Good grief, Maxis, it's no wonder I'm so pissed off at you I can't stand to look at an EA symbol on the shelves at Best Buy! I wish I hadn't gotten NL until the next EP is out because then NL would be patched suffciently...most likely.)

*Sigh*
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 05, 02:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do these ones REALLY change the comfort and energy levels or do they just change the description? The only ones I've ever seen with higher levels just change the description. I remember a thread where Pescado told someone that their change doesn't work and yet people were still thanking them saying their sims got more energy.  Roll Eyes Placebo effect I guess.

Well, I've never actually timed it.  Shocked I just took it for granted.  It SEEMS to work, though that could definitely be all in my head.

Hey, Mokey, did you know we all got banned?

At SF?  I did notice that, but it seems to be fixed now. The whole situation was the strangest thing ever.  Angry  Thank God I know better than to click email linkage...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 05, 03:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, hacked ones, that explains it. Are there any like that for sims 2? Or even nice new meshes based on the four-poster with the curtains, which I don't like using because it's so ... unwieldy looking. Most of the beds I've downloaded from places are 6 comfort, 6 energy, which is fine, I guess, but 8 comfrot, 8 energy would be far better.
Mod the sims2 Grand Trianon Collection beds are 10 energy/10 comfort

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 05, 05:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have mixed feelings about this one. I absolutely love making community lots and look forward to some increased uniqueness about them (i.e. not the same NPC's at each lot, coordinated uniforms, more "activity" going on) but I'm going to be pissed if it's some special setting that can't be incorporated into existing community lots (especially lots that have multiple stores on them). For example, I already have a nice florist's shop thank you very much. I don't want to redo it for the EP, so I'm hoping that won't be necessary (I know a logical person would make everything integratable into existing lots, but Maxis hasn't always impressed me with their "logic"). Well, I guess we'll see. I, too, am surprised we haven't had more info by now but I'm not all that disappointed about that. I always thought they released too much info too soon... I'd prefer about a month in advance-- enough time to create a buzz but not so much that it's torturous (plus, at a month out, everything should be pretty set so there won't be those pesky recriminations about items in screenshots that didn't make it into the final game). Anyway, we'll see about this one. Now, if EP4 is animals, I'll definitely be a happy camper. ~KG
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 05, 05:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've never actually timed it.  Shocked I just took it for granted.  It SEEMS to work, though that could definitely be all in my head.

Hey, Mokey, did you know we all got banned?

At SF?  I did notice that, but it seems to be fixed now. The whole situation was the strangest thing ever.  Angry  Thank God I know better than to click email linkage...

Well, I think there's more to hacking beds than altering comfort levels in SimPE - all I think that does is to change the levels in the object description in the game menu, I don't think it actually makes the sim sleep better, faster or whatever!  I remember downloading a bed from sunnisims (the first one from there) and originally it was supposed to be high comfort etc., but when I put it in my game it was like the cheapest bed.  Anyway, I redownloaded it as it had been updated to allow custom bedding etc., and the comfort levels etc had been changed to the minumum  - as was in fact what they were.

Mokey, the only mod who could get on was Ian, and that's, according to Heather, because he's a teenager and had his own section!  He didn't even notice that no-one else was around!  It was when I tried to get there and couldn't log in that I contacted Heather and she put it right.  There are definitely some nasty, vicious little swine out there somewhere!  (and that's an insult to the pig family!!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 05, 05:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not overly impressed with Maxis Logic either or their taste in decor objects etc.. and their genetics that they give their townies is awful. I have yet to see  a Townie dressed decently or with decent genetics .... I realize in RLthat there are less than attractive people that exist. but not the entire human population is in the ugh Category but Maxis chose to make townies that all fall into the mudfence category any way.
  Their taste in decor and clothing I think is hideous so I am hoping to see some positive changes in those areas
 with the ne OFB EP. but somehow I am doubtful........

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 05, 05:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, sims1 wasn't renowned for it's fashion sense either!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 05, 05:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, sims1 wasn't renowned for it's fashion sense either!
True and one would think Maxis would get wise to the fact that most simmers dislike the Maxian Fashions. with all the downloads that CC creators have made for both Sims1 and Sims 2

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 05, 06:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see why they couldn't employ a newly graduated fashion design person to design the clothes for them, then they would have something reasonable to turn into pixels!  (But not one who goes for the too way-out stuff only!  I'd personally like to see some better designed "ordinary" clothes!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 05, 06:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see why they couldn't employ a newly graduated fashion design person to design the clothes for them, then they would have something reasonable to turn into pixels!  (But not one who goes for the too way-out stuff only!  I'd personally like to see some better designed "ordinary" clothes!
So would I and some better looking build items  the walls they have are hideous in my opinion

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 05, 06:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The walls in sims 1 were SOOO much better - I used to love those that came with Unleashed and House Party!

(From what I was told, the problem is that they took on a lot of the people who had worked on Toy Story for sims 2, which possibly explains a lot!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: