More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 29, 00:18:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  phone hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: phone hack  (Read 18777 times)
tryoutz
Asinine Airhead

I need help.

View Profile
phone hack
« on: 2005 November 12, 09:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When in the h.e. double l. are you going to fix the phone hack for NL!? Wink I'm dying here! Do you want my blood on your hands? I hate the phone but it is a major part of my play it just rings rings rings RINGS RINGS................! I'm GOING TO END MY LIFE IF I DON'T GET IT SOON! Cry

P.S
                                       Without you this game would suck thanks a million for all the free stuff and time you devoted to it. If I wasn't a man I would say I love you. Wink

I still don't understand....
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: phone hack
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 12, 09:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably when Pescado gets the game.  Keep your pants on.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 12, 09:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play more than a month with the "phonehack" (in test), and it works fine.

The college clock - I didn't remove it at all, when I installed NL, and it works properly (more than 2 months).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 12, 14:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gali, I've used the same phonehack, and I have problems - the phone will only set to off, or else it rings constantly until answered.  If a sim answers the phone, the caller then appears on the lot as soon as they put the phone down.  there are definitely some glitches with it, but it's still preferable to not having it at all.

Zephyr Zodiac
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 12, 15:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gali, I've used the same phonehack, and I have problems - the phone will only set to off, or else it rings constantly until answered.  If a sim answers the phone, the caller then appears on the lot as soon as they put the phone down.  there are definitely some glitches with it, but it's still preferable to not having it at all. 

I agree...it's still better than nothing at all, I get the teleported Sim as well.....all of this I can deal with, but that ringing is for..ev..er.  I really wish I could set the ringer.  Cheesy 
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 12, 15:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree...it's still better than nothing at all, I get the teleported Sim as well.....all of this I can deal with, but that ringing is for..ev..er.  I really wish I could set the ringer.  Cheesy 

Perhaps they changed some parameters  meanwhile?

Try this one, which I use. Really I don't have any troubles with this one.

[attachment deleted by admin]
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 12, 16:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali -

I've been using it too, no problems.  Set ringer, haven't seen any teleporting, etc.  I am happy.  Cheesy

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Ilikecoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 12, 16:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I haven't tested any ring settings other than "off", I haven't had any problems.  By the way, thank you Gali for posting in the phone hack thread that you were able to successfully use it.  This is the one hack I won't play without.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 12, 17:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this one, which I use. Really I don't have any troubles with this one.
Is this the same one that JM posted in the NL test folder?  I've had the sims teleport over on occasion, and most of the time I don't mind.  I can always teleport them out or ask them to leave.  Or I can just pretend that they invited them over. Cheesy

Another thing that happens is when a sim calls to invite someone downtown, they won't ask until I tell the sim to hang up.  They will talk for hours and I'll let them build the relationship, but then I'll decide they have had enough and I want them to do something else, so I'll tell them to hang up, and the message pops up saying "Do you want to go downtown?"  I think that only happens once for every lot after you install NL, isn't that right?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 12, 17:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think it's for each family each time they move house, not each lot, as I've had it happen several times on a lot that's been used to start sims off.  Also happens when you move students into a house too.

I used to like the option of setting the number of rings, though, and now it just doesn't seem to work.  (And it can go on ringing right through the night if you don't turn it off!  Another reason I don't use mobiles any more - my sims would never get any sleep!)

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 12, 17:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM said he fixed that in the phone hack, cell phones should not wake up sleeping sims.  I have not had a problem with it in quite a while.  I think Maxoid Tom said something about it, it may have been addressed in the patch.  I haven't had sims get woken up by their cell phones in a long time, and all my sims have them.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 12, 17:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well, it's so long since I've used them on a regular basis, if I want a sim to use one, I just give them one, and then take it away again!  Prevents the danger of me ruining another lot that took me hours to build because I forget to check if someone's still on the phone before I save!

Zephyr Zodiac
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 12, 19:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Gali for posting that...it is different than the one I dl'd form the NL folder, which was dated oct 1, and this one oct 4.

The former gave me the same problems that everyone mentions here.

So Pescado updated this without telling us? Not sure.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 12, 20:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That might explain why some of us don't get so many problems with the phone hack.

I can only have the ringer on or off.
I have only once had a sim teleport in after a call.
All my sims have cellphones and are not woken in the night.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 12, 20:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That might explain why some of us don't get so many problems with the phone hack.

I can only have the ringer on or off.
I have only once had a sim teleport in after a call.
All my sims have cellphones and are not woken in the night.

Unawesome observation: 

I downloaded all of my NL hacks just two weeks ago when I finally installed NL.  I have not observed any differences between phone hack in Uni and using the phone hack I downloaded two weeks ago for NL.

Since the phone drives me crazy, I think I'd be the first person whining if it wasn't working the same for me...but I haven't been looking for problems.  I always set my ringer to 5.  I'm going to play again in a little bit and I'll take specific notice of the phone hack.

--------------
edit:  I don't know where I picked up my copy of JM's phone hack... I'm pretty sure that I got one of my NL hacks off of a post that Gali made, rather than an official JM post.  If Gali posted this phone hack previously, that might have been where I got it.

Yes, I'm confused, I'm sorry.  I get a little basket case like when installing an expansion pack and cleaning up.

« Last Edit: 2005 November 12, 20:38:54 by windy_moon » Logged

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 12, 22:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Gali for posting that...it is different than the one I dl'd form the NL folder, which was dated oct 1, and this one oct 4.

I'm not sure they are different, but of course I don't know much about the code.  The file sizes are the same, 327 KB, and the time is one hour and one minute different.  Daylight savings time would account for the hour, since timestamps often appear an hour different after DST, but not sure about the minute.  But I would think even a small change would cause a difference in the file sizes.

P.S. Gali, I noticed that there is another copy of the phone hack zipped inside this file.  You might want to delete it and re-upload the file.  It would save a little bit of space and bandwidth. Smiley
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 12, 23:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure they are different, but of course I don't know much about the code.  The file sizes are the same, 327 KB, and the time is one hour and one minute different.  Daylight savings time would account for the hour, since timestamps often appear an hour different after DST, but not sure about the minute.  But I would think even a small change would cause a difference in the file sizes.

P.S. Gali, I noticed that there is another copy of the phone hack zipped inside this file.  You might want to delete it and re-upload the file.  It would save a little bit of space and bandwidth. Smiley

Yes, I posted it before, but cann't find the post, lol. It's the same as uploaded here.
Can you give me the link? Thanks.

May be that after  the "in test" date, in which I downloaded the hack, some parameters were changed, which cause problems.

Rainbow, if you use the other uploaded Phone Hack, it isn't suppose to cause any problems. I remember that I volunteered to "beta test" this hack, downloaded it, and played with it about a week, and reported that it works fine.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 12, 23:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked.  The phone hack in the NL test folder looks like it's the same as the one gali posted.

phonehack.package       01-Oct-2005 04:53   327k 

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/nl/test/
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 13, 00:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just played the game for a bit, paying attention to the phones.  No problem setting ringers, yay. 

I did have a "teleport" after Angela Pleasant asked Mara March to go downtown (at the end of a phone conversation).  Mara declined and Angela Pleasant telported to the lot.

Inge's shrub, clear off... *dusts hands*.

Phone hack seems to be 99% perfect, to moi.  (who as previously noted, is unawesome)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 13, 01:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the one Gali posted, but I was still getting the problems, so maybe something else in my game is affecting it?

Zephyr Zodiac
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 13, 02:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the one Gali posted, but I was still getting the problems, so maybe something else in my game is affecting it?

Hmmm, well, I think you put in a lot more game play than I do, so, maybe the problems just aren't happening to me yet.

*knocks wood*

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 13, 03:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I live alone and I'm retired, so what else is there for me to do?  (Except the housework, lol.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 13, 03:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Watch your language, ZZ!

housework... sheesh!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 13, 03:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you tell it's usually the last thing on my mind!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 13, 03:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh good...  nice to see that you do actually have your priorities right!

But still, to utter that foul word!  eek!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: