More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 17:54:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  wolf/werewolf fear's spam
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: wolf/werewolf fear's spam  (Read 7237 times)
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
wolf/werewolf fear's spam
« on: 2006 December 18, 16:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone run across a hack or mod of some kind that minimises or removes this fear totally? Basically my family orintated sims are now unplayable due to this type of fear constantly filling there fear pannel, and having it refresh only into the same type of fear ... and there are a LOT of wolves in my game ... they show up randomally at all hours and the leader of the pack ( how many of thosee ARE there? ive got about 5 in 1 n'hood) is at most lots most nights. And as for my sim who is married to a werewof..... shit!
Any help or suggestions guys?

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: wolf/werewolf fear's spam
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 18, 18:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wish there was -- I made my first werewolf in my test hood (a townie via the lot debugger), and now all the knowledge sims  want to hear her howl and be werewolves themselves, and all the family sims have a fear of hearing her howl and/or of becoming werewolves. Fortunately most of my knowledge sims are already or close to perma-plat, so I can just ignore the wants if I feel like it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 18, 20:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assorted comments:

1) There's a nostrayrespawn hack that will keep your hood from becoming a wolf haven.
2) The Visitor Controller will keep the wolves, strays, skunks, etc. off the lot.
3) Whatever you do, don't adopt the wolves or teleport them in.  Nostrayrespawn can't prevent more from spawning if you do.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 18, 21:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone run across a hack or mod of some kind that minimises or removes this fear totally? Basically my family orintated sims are now unplayable due to this type of fear constantly filling there fear pannel, and having it refresh only into the same type of fear ... and there are a LOT of wolves in my game ... they show up randomally at all hours and the leader of the pack ( how many of thosee ARE there? ive got about 5 in 1 n'hood) is at most lots most nights. And as for my sim who is married to a werewof..... shit!
Any help or suggestions guys?
This project is currently in development. It seems very sticky, however, and seems to largely be an all-or-nothing deal, which is not a satisfactory solution at present. It is also part of a personal-use pack that may include more than most people may want, as I've generally been tweaking want trees to get rid of stupid stuff constantly appearing in general (Yes, "Saved from Death", this means you!).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 18, 21:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like ( hell, IRL I have 5 tattoo's of wolves) having them around, but the constant gibbering wrecks that my sims turn into is driving me batty!
If you can come up with something, even if it is just to remove it totally, it'll be a blessing! really! Smiley

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 18, 21:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"See A Wolf" sadly had no checktree and cannot be killed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 18, 21:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an experimental Anti-Wolf sign that is lot specific, so you can pick and choose which lots you have the wolves show up on. It's an aspiration reward object, and costs 10,000 reward points.

If you don't mind crash testing it, it's available here:

http://beta.djssims.com/djsantiwolfsign.zip

It can still be bypassed, however, by a werewolf if they summon a wolf. In my testing, during the 5 or so Sim days that I had it on the lot, not one wolf showed up even though 9 out of 10 days before a wolf showed up every night, so I'm pretty confident that this works. There may be a few other ways that wolves are triggered that I don't know about though, so like I said, if you care to test it out, I'd appreciate it. Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 19, 01:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just really glad to hear that this is in testing....I remember JM saying that is wasn't possible so I'm really happy that there might be a way.  I wouldn't care if it was an all or nothing deal.  I still haven't even tried a werewolf after reading about the want obsession that JM mentioned in my Vampire thread.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 19, 01:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI, Monique recently posted hacks over on MTS2 that cut the 'be cured of being a werewolf' wants down to only family members of the werewolf, or eliminate the want completely.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 19, 02:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that's cool...Maybe that can hold me over until JM makes one.  I've had some slight problems with Monique's stuff (compatibility with FFS) in the past, so I'm careful about what I download from her but I'll give it a shot.
Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 19, 10:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI, Monique recently posted hacks over on MTS2 that cut the 'be cured of being a werewolf' wants down to only family members of the werewolf, or eliminate the want completely.
Heh, my current personal version cuts "be cured of being a werewolf" (as well as being cured of being a vampire) to non-werewolves or non-vampires only, so that a vampire may want himself to be cured, but he'll be too preoccupied to worry about it for someone else. Similarly, they don't develop fears of someone else being one anymore, so even non-knowledge vampires would be indifferent to the idea. Instead of "bite someone, want him cured".

Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 19, 14:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could you release that as a standalone JM? Just nuking em (for vamps n were's ) would be SUCH a blessing!

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 19, 14:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the magic word is:
Share shiny!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 19, 19:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could you release that as a standalone JM? Just nuking em (for vamps n were's ) would be SUCH a blessing!
It'd take awhile to clean them out as a standalone. I have it as a pack for nuking the generally silly and annoying ones in an attempt to see some less frequently seen ones.

For instance, I modified the "Sim Dies" fear to take into account the murder rate in your neighborhood. If your neighborhood does not have much in the way of a murder rate, your sims will not develop fears of most people dying, which tends to become a clog-source.

Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 19, 20:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehe, I like that idear Smiley

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 19, 21:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fears like this should be combined, so sims can fear being murdered by wolves. Cheesy

I hate that wolf fear, because all the kids seem to have it all the time.

Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 19, 21:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm.  Now I'm reconsidering whether I want to pick up OMGPETZ this weekend.

On the other hand, I don't really pay attention to the fears for most of my Sims.  All of the kids fear a relative breaking up, which seems pretty ridiculous given that most of their parents are Family Sims with 100/100 relationships.  Too bad the system isn't detailed enough to generate fears based on certain things which are more likely to happen.  A kid fearing a D report card when he's sitting on an A+ is just ridiculous. 

I mean, I don't worry about getting fired unless I'm skipping work or spending all day playing on the internet.  ... erm.  Gotta go.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 19, 23:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is why the wolf fear is annoying. Most of the other child fears are things you can avoid, or if you are trying to make them unhappy, engineer.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 20, 00:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the other hand, I don't really pay attention to the fears for most of my Sims.  All of the kids fear a relative breaking up, which seems pretty ridiculous given that most of their parents are Family Sims with 100/100 relationships.  Too bad the system isn't detailed enough to generate fears based on certain things which are more likely to happen.  A kid fearing a D report card when he's sitting on an A+ is just ridiculous.
Actually working on that part. Tongue

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: