More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 19:11:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pregnant in Uni
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pregnant in Uni  (Read 3967 times)
Flipant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Pregnant in Uni
« on: 2006 January 12, 19:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured another way around this but I'm curious as to if anyone has ever tried this.  I had a couple get engaged and move in together in uni.  She became pregnant, my dma teleport cheat said she was carrying twins, but the hours of pregnancy never did move.  I played them for a few days then decided I wanted them to get married.  Not happening in uni, okay, no biggy.  Then the game started to crash whenever I went to their house.  I moved them into another house, not a problem, all of a sudden she started to show her pregnancy and the hours are counting.  I go into simpe to set her hours until final exam, his too.  They would write their finals, and then they would be starting sr. term again!  Weird.  She gives birth to these babies, graduates, and heads back to the hood, leaving her man and her kids.  I get him to drop out, he heads back to the hood, leaving the babies in a house all alone, even the nanny took off.  So now I click on this house and there are two babies there, no adults.  I could not figure a way to get these babies over to the normal neighborhood with their parents. I just found it strange that they would even be able to give birth in uni, never mind not be able to take the children with them when they head for home. They had the memories of the children being born.

Anyway, I got frustrated and replaced the game with a back up of before they had the children.  Had them drop out, now they have their twins, and are a pair of losers!  lol  Just looking for a few comments here.  Thanks.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
Re: Pregnant in Uni
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 12, 19:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known problem with Uni, and Maxis tried their hardest to make it so that YA could not have children.  When one of my male sims was abducted and came back preggers the game cancled the pregancy and gave him food poisoning.  (And I was using the enegizer painting to keep his stats up so I know he did not eat spoiled food).

So far the only way I know of to safely have familes in uni is through Inteen.  (Which I have not attempted to test yet).

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Flipant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 12, 19:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm, I just found it weird!  Thanks for you input.  I have the teen whoo hoo mod and a few others, it just was funny that she didn't start to show until I moved them out of their original house.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 12, 20:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a male get alien preggers in Uni. He didn't start to plump out until he moved home. It was delayed.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Flipant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 12, 20:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I was hoping for but something went wonky.  She went for a very long time not showing or progressing in the pregnancy, until I moved them.  Shame, but the game was crashing after a few minutes in that house.  Might have been something there but I removed a lot of custom content to no avail.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 12, 20:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm, I just found it weird!  Thanks for you input.  I have the teen whoo hoo mod and a few others, it just was funny that she didn't start to show until I moved them out of their original house.

If you have JenFlower's Teen Woohoo (not the InTeenimater), it has been recently updated, which should prevent Elders and YAs from having the option to "Try for Baby" and thus also prevent them from getting pregnant. You should probably go get the update.

Ste

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 12, 20:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Syberspunk said - same thing happened to me, but better yet, with two women because I also had TwoJeff's same sex pregnancy hack in... quite the surprise! Although their baby aged normally for the number of days, I teleported it into the grandparent's lot to stay until the girls graduate rather than have to deal with nannies and the like.

Although it's too late now, I'd like to mention that the teleporter plus shrub or painting from Simlogical is a good way to fix the problem of not being able to move children accidentally born to sims in Uni.

Flipant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 12, 22:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man!  It's not too late, I saved that game in a back up, I never thought of teleporting, have never tried it before!  Dang.  I've played too long with other families to put it back, but it's a lesson learned!  Thank you!  If it happens again I wil definately do that.  It was kind of fun having the nanny come to babysit while the parents were in class.  I'll go check for Jens update, not even sure if that's hack I have.  I'd sure like to actually graduate a sim from uni, never have before.  Like I said, the mother graduated, had her party then vamoosed leaving her family.  Not in the plans I had for her I'm afraid but I just couldn't stand to see them with those memories and not those children!  LOL  Softy that I am.  Thanks again for your information.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 13, 01:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly enough, one of my Sims conceived twins in Uni and I had another who had a single birth.  With the twins, they were born on campus (I think I used boolProp or the Inseminator or something), but in the case of the single, the mother was Kaylynn Langerak & Daniel Pleasant's daughter, so I just sent her home to mother to have the baby then sent her straight back.  She wasn't actually a student at the time, she'd already graduated, she was living & working on campus with her fiance while he finished studying.  When he graduated, I moved her and the baby out so they were in the Uni lot bin, then he was able to move them in when he found a house.  In the case of the twins, their father (Martin Ruben) moved the mother (Jane Stacks) and the twins in and almost $6m simoleans came with them.  This is a known glitch, but quite a nice one.  You can of course just teleport them in, but you don't get any money that way.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: