More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 17:40:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a way to change how fast a food fills up the hunger bar?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a way to change how fast a food fills up the hunger bar?  (Read 7463 times)
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Is there a way to change how fast a food fills up the hunger bar?
« on: 2006 May 23, 01:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if there is a way via SimPe, can someone tard it down a notch for me?

Chinese food in particular. Munchie Bots could've been so cool....

If it's too complicated to tard down, then maybe this is a hack request.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Is there a way to change how fast a food fills up the hunger bar?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 23, 01:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And failing any of that, could the munchie bot be modified to only bring pizza and never chinese?

You know, I only bought OFB for the robots, but the robots all suck.

Sentry bot's pretty funny though.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 23, 04:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chinese food? It take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to fill up the hunger bar with Chinese food! You want to slow it down?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 23, 06:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, no.

I want it to be faster.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 23, 06:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chinese food is actually very fattening for sims.
straycat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 23, 07:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank goodness I'm not a Sim. I've been eating Chinese food since I grew teeth and I've always been skinny. If I turn sideways, I become practically invisible. =D
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 23, 07:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind that. There's not enough fat people in my game since noeatcrap came along.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 23, 10:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank goodness I'm not a Sim. I've been eating Chinese food since I grew teeth and I've always been skinny. If I turn sideways, I become practically invisible. =D
Heh, yeah, the myth of fattening Chinese food seems contradicted by the not-quite-so-fat Chinese. I mean, surely the Chinese eat lots of Chinese food, and yet they're not blimps. Maybe it's because most of them don't have cars, either.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 23, 10:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They ride bicycles - perhaps that should be a lesson to us occidentals! 

But Chinese food isn't so bad as the buffet!  A plate of turkey and even active sims put on weight!

Zephyr Zodiac
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 23, 11:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, yeah, the myth of fattening Chinese food seems contradicted by the not-quite-so-fat Chinese. I mean, surely the Chinese eat lots of Chinese food, and yet they're not blimps. Maybe it's because most of them don't have cars, either.

Right except the Chinese don't eat the "chinese food" we American's eat.  I don't think they would even recognize anything in Panda Express, which can be quite fattening.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 23, 11:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's why I quit using the buffet.  I loved using Inge's endless buffet, but they were always getting fat, and it didn't even satisfy the want to eat turkey, so I gave up on it.  Sad
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 23, 12:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be great to have munchie bots fixed to ONLY bring pizza...  I've asked several times in chat for it to be done, and Pescado just ignores the request.  Cranky old bugger.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 23, 12:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How's this for a solution?  Paladin's Place has a Replicator that you can use to make absolutely ANY food in the game, plus no danger of fire (only they don't get cooking skills from using it, but then, they don't if you use the buffet or the munchie-bot either).  And although it won't work with Macro Eat if it's empty if there is a plate of food there, and you click on Macro Eat, your sims will fetch and eat it.  They will also make food autonomously when they are hungry, but just a single random meal for themselves.  And it only cost a bit more than the expensive fridge!  It's great for my family of knowledge sims, as they don't have to waste time cooking when they could be skillinating!

Zephyr Zodiac
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 26, 02:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've obviously never tried crossing the street in a Chinese city. Them cars are endless and will try their absolute best to run you down. Motorcycles are by far the most common though, esp. in the smaller cities. Scarier when it comes to it too - they don't even stop at red lights!

I was watching a talkshow the other day, and there was a Russian woman who'd apparently married a farmer in the Chinese countryside. She had purportedly spent 10+ yrs in the countryside, all poor and all, and she was at least twice the size of her husband. He was bony as heck. I'm assuming they eat the same food. It's all in the genes.

I think I got the short shift on that one though, cuz I'm Chinese, but I'm not as thin as the standard Chinese person. Trying on clothing in China is a killer. In the states I'm a XS-S, over there I have to squeeze into the mediums. And I don't even have the hefty boobies to compensate. Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 26, 03:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've obviously never tried crossing the street in a Chinese city. Them cars are endless and will try their absolute best to run you down. Motorcycles are by far the most common though, esp. in the smaller cities. Scarier when it comes to it too - they don't even stop at red lights!
The cars are endless in American cities, too. The key difference is that there's about 20 times more people in the same Chinese city to produce that level of traffic.

I was watching a talkshow the other day, and there was a Russian woman who'd apparently married a farmer in the Chinese countryside. She had purportedly spent 10+ yrs in the countryside, all poor and all, and she was at least twice the size of her husband. He was bony as heck. I'm assuming they eat the same food. It's all in the genes.
I would surmise it's the same reason hummingbirds eat so much: Smaller critters burn fuel faster because they lose more energy through their proportionately greater surface area.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 26, 11:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And shrews spend the whole 12 months of their lives just eating and foraging and fighting over food!  Presumably they must find a few moments for procreation, but I believe food comes first!

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 26, 11:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How's this for a solution?  Paladin's Place has a Replicator that you can use to make absolutely ANY food in the game

I d/l this and put it in my uni dorm for times when the cook isn't there.  I thought it would be good for grilled cheese or cereal at midnight (which is what a lot of students have) but it seems to freeze my game  Cry
Any ideas?

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 26, 11:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I haven't tried it in a dorm, but it worked fine for me in a house in Pleasantview.  Do you have all the EPs?  I have a feeling you need OFB, but can't remember now what Paladin said.  I'll go check it out.

Yes, I thought so, it's really intended for businesses, and is an OFB object, which means that if it's based on an OFB stove or other object, you will have problems if you don't have the EP.

I don't know whether the buffet counters would work without OFB, although they too are intended as OFB objects.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 26, 11:41:08 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 26, 11:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I have all the EP's (and the other ones  Embarrassed)

SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 26, 11:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that the sims eat from the replicator even when they are not hungry, then get fat! Anyone else see this?
Other than that I have had no problems with it on a home business lot.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 26, 11:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since without noeatcrap this would be the case with all food it is simply, I think , a case of noeatcrap not recognising the replicator or the bar counters.  similiarly, macrotastics does not recognise them for making food, although if food is already there, it will recognise the food.  Just don't let your sims eat until they are REALLY hungry!

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 26, 12:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that the sims eat from the replicator even when they are not hungry, then get fat! Anyone else see this?
Other than that I have had no problems with it on a home business lot.

The dormies did that too - they had a meal and kept taking more meals although their hunger bar was full.

ETA:  Do you think it is only meant for commercial lots?  I looked on SimWardrobe for a help link but couldn't find one. (I know JM doesn't like helping with non-awesome hacks  Embarrassed)
« Last Edit: 2006 May 26, 12:54:37 by kacidama » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 26, 12:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they're non-playable dormies, it doesn't matter how much they eat, and the same applies to visitors - they can eat as much as they want, it's only your controllables that get fat - and as long as you queue them with plenty of stuff to do, they won't eat!  The buffet counter has a slight advantage here, as you only get a plate of six meals at a time, and I think you HAVE to tell them to serve it.

As a sidenote, if you use Inge's hacked buffet, you have the same problem of your sims being able to help themselves whenever they get an idle moment, and some sims like to eat!  (Just as some will clean if they have an idle moment...)

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 27, 22:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I solved the problem - in the dorm they have a different stove so it conflicts.  I tried it in the frat house and it works perfectly on other Uni lots Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 27, 23:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's cloned from the uni stove?

I'm afraid my dorms (I only use the small 5 roomed ones) get changed fairly quickly to residential and as soon as my sims have the money then I redo the kitchen and get rid of the dorm stove so they don't get the cook any more - I mean, how else are they to learn cooking skills?  If you just get them to watch TV and learn, then they still have to cook everything in the cook book themselves at some stage, so it might just as well be at Uni!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: