More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 10:51:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Please kill the college school cheer
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Please kill the college school cheer  (Read 13884 times)
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Please kill the college school cheer
« on: 2006 January 15, 22:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That and the punch you, punch me BS are the last 2 major festering boils on the ass of this game.  I have looked for mods to stop both of these and I KNOW I am not the only one who wants these behavors gone, so what's the deal?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Please kill the college school cheer
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 15, 22:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the school cheer - it's great contributor to the parties. Why "kill" it?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 15, 23:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the punch you punch me game, I would love a hack that kills it!!

oddly enough, the school cheer dosen't bother me...
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 15, 23:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Punch you punch me is only fun when your sim is extremely grouchy.   Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 16, 00:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The punch game always seem to end badly if not ended early, but the school cheer thing is mostly harmless. It tends to be performed in a manner which tends to be received positively, is not used TOO frequently, and has no really negative side effects. It doesn't hurt.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 16, 01:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the school cheer on the headmaster once. He really didn't like it. Which made me really tempted to do it over and over as I don't like him, but I did want the kids to get into private school so I restrained myself.

Unsouper
Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

"Say 'Good night,' Manuel..."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 16, 01:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cheer thing gets old when the mascot or cheerleader won't leave.  I delete them when they show up on my lots.

Other than that...

Gerbitts! Gerbitts!  Rooooh Gerbitts!!!

\\\"Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is lame.\\\" --Albert Einstein
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 16, 01:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the school cheer on the headmaster once. He really didn't like it. Which made me really tempted to do it over and over as I don't like him, but I did want the kids to get into private school so I restrained myself.

There's a painting for that.   Roll Eyes  I hate out-and-out cheating, but I hate the headmaster more.  That's one pompus Sim, I cheat on private school.

Like the school cheer, though.  Go Gerbitts!

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 16, 01:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I've mostly just quit sending mine to private school. I only send them if I think the parents are the "type" to want their kids in a school with a headmaster like that and since I don't like those types, mostly they aren't. I know my poor money sim keeps rolling up the want, but she doesn't really mean it. She doesn't. Really. She just hasn't met him yet. ;)

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 16, 02:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Private school tends to be more useful. The random events tend to be skillpoints instead of petty chump change and there is less motive decay. And nice uniforms, which you can snarf and turn into your standard uniform, so your kids don't have to run around looking bleh.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 16, 02:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with you, Bippy. I've killed cheerleaders by the thousands because of that stupid cheer. Just for the immediate gratification of it. I know they respawn, damn things.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 16, 02:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it gives more useful skillpoints. I just don't care. My kids? Run around looking bleh? Ha! What do you think the point of being a download whore is? My kids are way too awesome for school uniforms.

Unsouper
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 16, 02:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it gives more useful skillpoints. I just don't care. My kids? Run around looking bleh? Ha! What do you think the point of being a download whore is? My kids are way too awesome for school uniforms.

Grin.

I do like the uniforms, but I don't cheat private school for the skill points .... I do it to get rid of the damn want.  My Sim parents seem to be obsessed with private school (knowledge, I think).  I hate wants that I've no intention of filling clogging up the slots. 

Now, if I could find a cheat to get rid of "be saved from death" . . .  Roll Eyes  love my knowledge Sims but I'm not fond of some of their obsessions.

Sorry.  Veering off track from Gerbitts! 

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 16, 02:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, if I could find a cheat to get rid of "be saved from death" . . .  Roll Eyes  love my knowledge Sims but I'm not fond of some of their obsessions.
Yeah, honestly, the constant obsession with attempting suicide is creepy. It'd make more sense if they only wanted to do that when depressed.

Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 16, 04:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Private school uniforms are available as an everyday outfit, aren't they?  Anyway, sending your sims to private school has all sorts of bene's:  Start teen career at a higher levels, skill building wild cards, start ADULT career at higher level (non-uni grad), start adult career at REALLY high level (Uni-Grad Career related major).

Why DO sims want to be saved from death?  I mean, I know if I were dying that'd be one thing...  But a perfectly healthy sim?  Okay...
« Last Edit: 2006 January 16, 04:11:17 by sarahsmylz » Logged

\\\"Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is lame.\\\" --Albert Einstein
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 16, 04:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I save from death many of my sims, with the Carrigon's voodoo bottle.

When one of them wants to be saved from death, I save the game, select him/her, click on the voodoo bottle, and order "die from hunger". The Gream Ripper comes, and the mate pleads for the life of beloved one. The saved sim is very grateful, and has a good memory of it.

No big deal...Smiley.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 16, 04:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Why DO sims want to be saved from death?  I mean, I know if I were dying that'd be one thing...  But a perfectly healthy sim?  Okay..."  [Sarah]

Because the Knowledge sims are very much interested in the paranormal. They are the only ones too to ask to meet aliens.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 16, 04:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once used Rodney's Death Tester to experience a "Save from Death".  But aside from that I ignore the want everytime it spins up.

Recently I had to save a sim from death that I didn't intentionally cause.  A sim with low machanical skills had a run in with a nasty trash compacter.  And I couldn't be bothered to hire a repairman.  That was a shocking experience.
Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 16, 04:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have "Flamingo of Death" that I use for various types of deaths, but mostly I just boolProp their hunger to nothing at let them starve.  Depending on how much they've irritated my by spooling the "Be Saved From Death" Want over and over, I may even let their spouse Plead with the Grim Reaper.  More likely, I'll laugh manically while their family cries.... Roll Eyes

Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 16, 04:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once used Rodney's Death Tester to experience a "Save from Death".  But aside from that I ignore the want everytime it spins up.

Recently I had to save a sim from death that I didn't intentionally cause.  A sim with low machanical skills had a run in with a nasty trash compacter.  And I couldn't be bothered to hire a repairman.  That was a shocking experience.

Snicker...

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 16, 19:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That and the punch you, punch me BS are the last 2 major festering boils on the ass of this game.  I have looked for mods to stop both of these and I KNOW I am not the only one who wants these behavors gone, so what's the deal?

I thought I was the only one who hated the useless punching business since nobody else mentioned it until today. Yes, death to the 'punch you punch me' till the cows come home, defintely! At least with the cheering, they'll stop on their own, and it was kinda amusing to see them crestfallen when the sim they were performing for didn't like it.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 16, 23:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only weird person who can't stand her sims suffering? Once I tried to kill a nanny by letting her starve and I couldn't go through with it.  The crying made me feel guilty.  My sims almost never get very hungry, pass out, get lonely and never ever pee themselves.  About the worse thing that happens to them is to get occasionally very bored.

The only way I kill sims, is to feed them to the cowplant. 
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 16, 23:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't purposely kill my sims either, I am far too soft-hearted! Grin

I'd love a hack to stop the autonomous 'punch you, punch me' game too, sometimes it really drops the outing score when other sims on the same outing play it with each other! Angry

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 17, 00:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is probably wise just to ignore.  I once made the mistake of fulfilling it for some knowledge sims.  It then became an obsession.  More obsessive than it is now.

Anyways..the school cheer doesn't really bother me.  The evil cows are what I hate.  They are constantly coming onto lots of my engaged/happily committed couples and somehow breaking them up.  Cheating memories everywhere although none of my sims know the cows.  I'm not sure if they are actually flirting with them, or if it's that stupid prank that looks like flirting and ends in a fart  Roll Eyes
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 17, 00:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

90% of my sims I try to keep happy and their needs green because I am anal retentive but there are 10% that are annoying or exceptionally stupid and I quite enjoy setting them on fire, letting them pass out and eventually letting them die a dishonorable death.  Starving is useless, it takes them ages to die from that.

The ghosts in the graveyard (when they actualy appear) seem freakier now than ever before.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: