More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 17:37:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Surprise, surprise - major borkage. Yeey.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Surprise, surprise - major borkage. Yeey.  (Read 3368 times)
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Surprise, surprise - major borkage. Yeey.
« on: 2010 March 09, 19:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Short intro - running a fully patched, decrapified base game/WA + AM + decrapified store content in my documents DCCache folder. Windoze 7, thankyouverymuch.

Problem(s) - Can`t move sims in a new house. After eviction my household stays stuck at the clipboard, and the only solution is to click "cancel" and loose it, or quit the game. In CAS I`m having problems creating female sims - if I create a YA female, when I age her to ault, her face gets deformed (vertices on her face get fubared, and she ends up with either pointy spikes or super hard edges on her facial features. As in - like crunched piece of paper.) Same Vice versa (normal looking Adult gets messed as a YA).

Solutions (so far), without results - re-decrapifying everything. Starting a new save game. Removing the .dbc files from DCCache folder. Removing both save games and .dbc files from my documents. (Each accompanied with deleting the cache files and running the dashboard to identify conflicting files).

Note - eviction problem occurs randomly, only with 1 household, after which all other households start to fail as well (in all save games).

Thoughts, opinions, recipes welcome.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
Re: Surprise, surprise - major borkage. Yeey.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 09, 19:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe try the new Recompressor, uploaded today?  
« Last Edit: 2010 March 09, 20:04:56 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 09, 21:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The face problems were first discussed here.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18136.msg523756.html#msg523756

Apparently the problem has been fixed.
As for your eviction problems; not sure how to help you on that one.  When I move a family I always use the phone or the computer to move them.  I would have to say that there seems to be a problem with your family and you might end up having to nuke them.  Try using ‘fixAll', it is always the first thing I try when I encounter a glitch.  Also download and replace your Awesomemod, I believe there has been slight alterations within the past day or two.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 10, 02:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would concur with The_Goddess - fixall did not help in this instance, where no moveout is possible, either through the phone or using edit neighborhood.  Ultimately, the family glitched gameplay causing irreparable freezes.  The family had to be zorched. 

Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to zorch the entire 'hood and start over in a new 'hood.  This did solve the freeze and moveout problems.  Unfortunately, it did not produce any knowledge about whether simply zorching the one family might have saved the original 'hood.  I realize that this is, therefore, less helpful to you.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: