More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 17:06:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons Patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons Patch  (Read 26822 times)
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
Seasons Patch
« on: 2007 March 30, 22:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As first announced on MY forum Tongue

There is a patch for seasons out.

Also according to MaxoidGoonter if you have the latest EP...in this case seasons...you do NOT need to install the earlier patches with the exception of the second Pets patch..as those fixes did not make their way into Seasons.

ETA Here is the thread from my forum

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Seasons Patch
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 30, 22:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm thats all it will fix ?

Complete list of changes:
Custom objects will now be preserved when uploading Lots to the Exchange.
Musician Career Track career reward (Rock Hammer) now has audio functioning correctly.
Sim Babies no longer cry excessively.

Huh
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 30, 22:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm thats all it will fix ?

Complete list of changes:
Custom objects will now be preserved when uploading Lots to the Exchange.
Musician Career Track career reward (Rock Hammer) now has audio functioning correctly.
Sim Babies no longer cry excessively.

Huh

That's what I'm saying.  Not so much a patch but a stitch, or something of lesser sewing terms.
* LK high fives Twain

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 30, 22:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey at least they fixed something....better than nothing.

Normally it is months before EA does anything.

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 30, 22:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to figure out why they need a 45.5MB exe to fix 3 things.

That is about the size of EP2 and EP3 patches combined  Shocked
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 30, 22:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is about the size of EP2 and EP3 patches combined  Shocked

Indeed. I was trying to say this for about three minutes because I couldn't seem to actually be able to post something.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 30, 22:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides the ridiculous size of the thing, it should be pretty easy to spot a patch upgrade at least with that list being so small.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 30, 22:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As first announced on MY forum Tongue

Funny, I first heard about it on MY forum. When you told me.  Wink
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 30, 22:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is about the size of EP2 and EP3 patches combined  Shocked

I didn't even check that (I'm at work, and so I'm not too interested in the patch right now).

It could have been interesting to ask goonter that when he was around (ETA: he's around now)...especially when he said that the individual patches only fix the respective EPs and are not cumulitive.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 30, 22:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

of all the errors and bullshit going on with this game they fix three things? ...i mean yeah, the little demon spawns screaming stopping is a good thing, but come on.
They have all those employees and this is all they come up with in the time they've had? I feel so sorry for all those exchange sheep...

this is totally the reason why JM is way more awesome...

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 30, 22:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that the patch is 45 MB, there is probably more than is explicitly listed. Once my game gets to a parking orbit, I will investigate and run a full diffscan to see what really changed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 30, 23:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please, thank you. Usually those little patches with long long lists download zoom for me. That one was chuga-chuga. There's certainly something in it and I wanna know what it is before I break my game with it.

So the maxoid said for Seasons folk to install the Pets patch and the Seasons patch? So did he say if we need to *uninstall* Seasons to properly accomplish that? (Is very confused by how this EP and patch stuff works, as if the new EP doesn't access the old code (as Pescado says and makes sense to me being there's new code there) how can an old patch work with a new EP. Even if you uninstall the last one, then patch *that* code, when you reinstall, you got new code again - so it'd be... unpatched? Right?

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 30, 23:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. Like I said, there's probably something in there that isn't documented. Who the hell has time to document every stupid little fix? I sure don't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 30, 23:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is about the size of EP2 and EP3 patches combined  Shocked

The Seasons objects.package is 75Mb (up from  51Mb for Pets), so if they just include a replacement version of that file alone, they probably can't compress it much smaller.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 30, 23:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the maxoid said for Seasons folk to install the Pets patch and the Seasons patch? So did he say if we need to *uninstall* Seasons to properly accomplish that?

you can install the pets patch with seasons installed no problem, just gives a little warning that says you have a newer expansion you may want to get a patch for that one

or you can stick to the fixes found here ...which also work

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 30, 23:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. Like I said, there's probably something in there that isn't documented. Who the hell has time to document every stupid little fix? I sure don't.

Right, I got that part. Actually you usually do document what you're doing as long as I find the time to read every little thread.

you can install the pets patch with seasons installed no problem, just gives a little warning that says you have a newer expansion you may want to get a patch for that one

yeah, I did that, but the thread in 'you broke it' has a discussion about not getting all the fixes and Pescado says either way it's sugar pills. The fixes here don't fix the genetics - unless I missed another little thread here somewheres.

Unsouper
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 30, 23:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see the Maxoids are up to their usual brain dead comments. Initially, MaxoidGoonter said:

Here is the definitive answer to this question, directly from the EP team itself:

You only need to apply the most recent patch for the most recent EP you have installed.

This is because the installation of your most recent EP includes all previous bug fixes, so there is no need to apply previous patches.

Then made this totally contradictory and illogical statement:

I think this one is an exception, because all the patch information from Pets didn't get into Seasons.

Just to be safe, if you have Pets and Seasons, you should install both patches.

Well, I think it's safe to say that Maxoids are all idiots who don't even listen to the tech team responsible for the actual work.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 30, 23:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That made sense to me. How could the 2nd pets patch- which came out post seasons- have been rolled into the seasons EP? "the installation of your most recent EP includes all previous bug fixes"-- but the second pets patch isn't a previous bug fix, as it was created later on. So you still need it.

INFP or something
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 31, 00:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The EP team very clearly said that the Pets patch is of no value unless you are playing Pets. Therefore, if you are playing Seasons, the Pets patches do *not* fix anything. It's a placebo.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 31, 01:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the definitive answer to this question, directly from the EP team itself:

You only need to apply the most recent patch for the most recent EP you have installed.

This is because the installation of your most recent EP includes all previous bug fixes, so there is no need to apply previous patches.

Unless there was more to the statement than what you've quoted, it says nothing about not using the pets exe. That's what JM and others have managed to figure out on our own. So if the other maxoid didn't know about that, I can see how he'd extrapolate that you need the pets patch still: they think that seasons includes the pets patches .5 and 1, but not 2, so you need 2. It doesn't work that way, but nothing in your quote says that.

INFP or something
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 31, 05:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In terms of carried over effects, it looks like only these patches matter (assuming you have seasons):

The Sims 2: 1.0.0.971 (first patch, each expansion installs 1.0.0.999; change is reverted post 1.0.0.994?)
University: 1.1.0.284 (latest)
Nightlife: 1.2.0.355 (latest)
Open For Business: 1.3.0.351 (latest)
Family Fun Stuff: 1.4.0.142 (latest)
Pets: 1.6.0.273 (patch after the BodyShop fix)

This is only from using WinDiff to see what files actually change.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 31, 13:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do I need to translate this again?

... there is no need to apply previous patches.

What part of "no" don't you understand?

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 31, 16:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well all i can say is after this patch my game started going crazy again.

People are auto teleporting when you cancel out a phone call. Servos are trying to swim and commit suicide. A few more things but i will have to go back into the game to list them.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 31, 18:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patches above modify some of the files in the 3D and template folders, so those ones are needed for later expansions since they are loaded and not changed by any later expansions.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 31, 20:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You keep quoting the same thing over and over. I'm pointing out how the statement you quoted could be misinterpreted, like it was, and you keep quoting it at me. "previous" is the key word: obviously the author of the second statement, rightly or wrongly, assumed a patch coming out after a subsequent EP is not a "previous patch".

INFP or something
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: