More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 14:53:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Poker table problems
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poker table problems  (Read 4103 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Poker table problems
« on: 2005 September 29, 20:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be having problems with the poker table. If I try to cancel the action out in order to get a sim to stop playing, the crossed out icon remains there indefinitely and the sim stays at the table. I use boolProp to "reset" the sim when that happens. If one sim is affected, all other sims at the table are also affected, so they must all be reset.
I also notice my sims tend to stop playing poker after a while and just shuffle cards or flip poker chips at the table, instead. If I cancel the action out for one sim, the others resume playing cards.
And I don't know if this is a bug, or just something I don't understand, but sometimes I'll have 3 sims playing poker and I cannot get a fourth to join. He shows a thought bubble of crossed out money. Funds shouldn't be an issue, though, as there's plenty in the account. If I have the other sims quit, and order them to play in a different order, the fourth sim, no matter who it is, always gives the crossed out money thought bubble. If I have all sims quit and then buy a new card table, I can get all four to play. 
Another thing I'm suspecting is related to the card table is that when I enter the lot I'll often find chairs that match the ones I use for the card table sitting in the street. I think it may have something to do with putting a card table in inventory, as the chairs usually get bundled up with it? I don't have the problem if I take the table out of the sims inventory. At one time I had 4 sims with poker tables (as well as the chairs) in their inventories, and everytime I entered the lot there would be  the corresponding number of chairs sitting in the street, 16. The chairs were still in the inventories of the sims, with the poker tables. So the chairs appear to be spawned copies of the ones I use with the tables. I like the convenience of the chairs being bundled with the table when it's put into inventory, I just wonder if there's something buggy with it. I'm completely guessing about the chairs in the street being related to the poker tables in the inventories. It's just very coincidental , which led me to think they're related.

MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Poker table problems
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 29, 21:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you get Crammyboy's first driveway hack?  I think it had some strange bug involving the poker table which supposedly has been updated.  Not sure if your problem is related, but who knows?
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=91185
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 29, 22:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be having problems with the poker table. If I try to cancel the action out in order to get a sim to stop playing, the crossed out icon remains there indefinitely and the sim stays at the table. I use boolProp to "reset" the sim when that happens. If one sim is affected, all other sims at the table are also affected, so they must all be reset.

I have only this problem with the poker table, but not all the time.  It varies - it can happen at my sim's house or on a community lot.  However, I have not done the boolProp (didn't know about it).  I go the hard way - turning off the computer.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 29, 22:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having trouble with the stupid table once it has gone in my sims inventory too-along with other things..for example I can't place things alongside a wall, including beds and sofas, or place chairs by the poker table. I used moveobjects on to fix these problems, but it is most unsatisfactory.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 29, 23:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the updated version of crammyboy's hack, so I'm not sure if it would still be related to that.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 30, 00:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having trouble with the stupid table once it has gone in my sims inventory too-along with other things..for example I can't place things alongside a wall, including beds and sofas, or place chairs by the poker table. I used moveobjects on to fix these problems, but it is most unsatisfactory.

I have the same problem.  I don't really know if it is a fix or if I was just lucky but after I played a lot in which I place items from the inventory, I place some of those items back in the inventory because I decided to move them again in a new house, when I place the inventory items in the new house I notice the items were back to normal, I could place them against walls. 

So I wonder if by placing some of those messy items back in the inventory, save and reload the lot and then place them back, if it fixes that problem or not.  It could have been luck since it only happened once and I did not had a chance to test this again but I still wanted you to know in case it could help you fix this problem.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 30, 12:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem.  I don't really know if it is a fix or if I was just lucky but after I played a lot in which I place items from the inventory, I place some of those items back in the inventory because I decided to move them again in a new house, when I place the inventory items in the new house I notice the items were back to normal, I could place them against walls. 

So I wonder if by placing some of those messy items back in the inventory, save and reload the lot and then place them back, if it fixes that problem or not.  It could have been luck since it only happened once and I did not had a chance to test this again but I still wanted you to know in case it could help you fix this problem.

Thanks! I will try that Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: