More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 03:50:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hotel rooms and privacy...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hotel rooms and privacy...  (Read 4223 times)
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Hotel rooms and privacy...
« on: 2007 October 08, 09:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...is it just me, or does it seem just a little odd when you return to your hotel room, only to find a few unexpected (and uninvited!!) guests, using your bathroom and your TV, or just annoyingly waltzing in and standing in the middle of the room, poised to perform one of the aforementioned tasks??

I apologize if this has already been addressed; forgive me, but I couldn't find any other threads on this..

In any case, if it hasn't already been made/started , any chance on a fix for this annoyance? It'd be nice if the hotel guests respected my sim's privacy.. not to mention, they HAVE their own rooms (at least, I assume so - they kinda disappear a la dorms in Uni..) !  Also, dunno if this is related, but the locks on the doors seem to be broken too...

Am I just nuts or having more CC conflicts? I was damn sure I'd weeded 'em all out..
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Hotel rooms and privacy...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 08, 09:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can lock my hotel doors....might be something conflicting.

lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 08, 10:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also noticed the behavior on my first BV lot I played, and I was able to lock the doors which stopped it completely. Looks like it might be a hack conflict, all I'm running is the DC and some two jeffs stuff.

Now getting the maid to clean everything in a timely manner on BV lots... that's another story  Roll Eyes

Gosh.
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 08, 11:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually, when you check in the hotel, the rooms are locked for the other guests. I accidently clicked and unlocked a hotel room before though and then the room quickly filled (and it was hard to get rid of the intruders even after locking the door again).

Since the hotel rooms have to be unlocked if you want ACR actions with another hotel guests (or between other - unplayable - hotel guests), I removed all the TVs and hope that it will stop them entering the rooms. TVs in the rooms are stupid anyway and there are other good reasons to remove them (lower prices, no disturbance when my sims want to sleep). Actually, hardly any of my sims own a tv because it is such a useless object.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 08, 15:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In any case, if it hasn't already been made/started , any chance on a fix for this annoyance?

As a player who's been running home businesses a lot lately, I find Pescado's home security system indispensable.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7707.0.html

Someone awesomer than me will have to say if it works on vacay. I haven't fussed with BV yet.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 09, 00:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, here's where I'm unsure what's wrong with my locks... if I use the 'locked for all" option, it works - no one can enter. But it seems "allow household only" won't even allow my own sims..? and what's stranger, is that it still seems to allow the other (NPC) guests??!
The only thing I can think of is Inge's door hack - the one that lets you hand out keys... interestingly, trying to use the keys on vacation only brings up one family, Birth(?)... haven't played with that much yet - I expect though it's the problem... hmmm... perhaps I'm wasting your time...

I'll look into this further....

..and indeed, I am. Sorry, folks, it was as simple as visiting Inge's site and seeing the    Shocked    shiny new BV version available.. silly me  Grin

I'm gonna go be meek now, and cower in the shadows again. Thanks for your help anyways... you guys are great.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 09, 00:48:17 by Azrael » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 09, 02:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, doors are not locked by default.

I use the "allow household" only so the maid can come and clean-up the room and there can be room service delivery.  Blocking for all will also stop the maid and room service.

I do not have any problems locking or unlocking my doors, it might indeed be a hack conflict.  I am not using any door mods.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: