More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 00:05:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can't sleep on Vacation...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't sleep on Vacation...  (Read 2561 times)
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't sleep on Vacation...
« on: 2007 September 17, 14:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..well, perhaps I actually, can - I just can't seem to reserve a hotel room OR buy a vacation lot.... upon arrival, I get the tip on how to reserve a room, but none of the vacant doors actually allow me to click on them - no actions availble... and the same goes for the bellhop and desk. I can visit a hotel, but can't stay at one.... also, the payphone 'try different lodgings' doesn't work. My sim hangs up before even calling, and with debug mode active, I get an error... and finally, no realestate (sp?) option whatsoever...

edit: I'm going to assume bad hacks or something, 'cuz I've no other idea what could be wrong... until I verify that to be the cause, any helpful suggesstions would be... helpful..
« Last Edit: 2007 September 17, 14:48:32 by Azrael » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Can't sleep on Vacation...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 17, 14:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with debug mode active, I get an error... and finally, no realestate (sp?) option whatsoever...

Oh dear, where to begin?  The litany of problems you describe suggests a number of things:

1) You likely do not have the latest updated awesome hacks.  Make sure you have the latest hacks from Pescado's director's cut installed - DO NOT post an error message before you do this and re-test or you will be abused.  If you install latest versions of hacks, you may find that many problems have been addressed already (i.e. the phone problems you describe).  Go to the Armory and the Directory of All Hacks and get the latest director's cut from the BV directory. 

2) The "some interactions are unavailable" problem suggests the work of the nonawesome.  As this is the time of hack updating and redevelopment, you use any nonawesome and non-updated hacks at your own risk.  Modders are understandably upset if you complain about problems with your game due to things they've already fixed, or because you're using something not made for the version you are playing.  Remove nonawesome mods (especially Insim, if you have it) from your downloads folder and try the game again.  Real estate and other options may magically reappear.

If, after these steps have been followed, you still have difficulties and error messages, then post an error message, AFTER you read the FAQ.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 17, 17:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer the KISS option: just move your DL folder to your desktop then restart the game and see what happens.

If it plays normally, you can begin your hack update sleuthing.

I've never figured out why people install EPs or patches while leaving their DL folder in play.
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 18, 00:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize for my nonawesome post.. I assumed this much, but I have 'net difficulties - a router just went bad, (I have to use my father's comp to post this, and DL if necessary) and I already went and redownloaded the updated hacks beforehand... not to mention, I think almost every single hack I use is a FFS one....... save for radiance lighting, and maybe one or two other little ones... no kitten killers. I DID NOT, however, think to dl the director's cut, partly as I did not know one was already available for BV... I'll have to snag that. Should it solve my problems, you will hear no more from me (until something else comes up, or I have something to share Wink )
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: