More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 19:38:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV and no CD?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV and no CD?  (Read 97040 times)
Eletro DJ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: BV and no CD?
« Reply #125 on: 2007 October 10, 00:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I applied patch and my crack (of the TSBin) still is functioning.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 October 10, 01:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oblivion, Elder Scrolls (newest versin) does not have copy protection. And good for them!

Realy? I thought that the newer ones did, because my old first release copy didn't put it on my computer.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007 October 10, 01:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAHA see some of you people think it was just because of bon voyage wihout thinking you freak out without realizing that one of your other sim games has it on there. Thanks Solowren for the info i am sure tha the other people going crazy over this might feel better to know they already had it in there system insted of getting all worried about something tht is nothing! And going in on the paranoia of others no offence 2 any of you out there. Im sure it was soething new and nobody realized it. But my question is this why is everyone so worried aout it being on the computer. I mean is it a way for maxis to track if someone is using a cracked game. Then i could see a little worry but other wise i just dont understand. And the whole thing about the launcher what is wrong with that? Is it because it is a cracked game i am really confused?

SM Burpie, is that you?  Tongue

ROLF! 
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 October 11, 02:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay people. So i have no clue really what you are talking about with the dameon tool thingy. Okay i am really tiered. I have a 6 month old who refuses to sleep durning the nght so please ignore spelling and stuff and a 5 year old who was up all night and sayed home from school sick with the flue or something.

Now, I'm no parenting expert, but why are you allowing your child to play in your fireplace? One would think that it would be not only a dangerous place to play but a filthy one as well which may cause the child to get sick. With somethingAngry

Oh, and I love how blasè your concern for your five-year-old is: '[ S ]he's sick with the flu or something.' Maybe I was just royally spoiled, but my parents both actually cared enough about me to find out what I was sick with so they could try to help me get better. But I suppose some parents these days such as yourself can't be bothered to go that far out of their way, can they?  Roll Eyes

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007 October 11, 05:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow...  Roll Eyes

Somehow I doubt she'll ever make it to her third post after such a flaming... Tongue
Coffee, anyone?
« Last Edit: 2007 October 11, 05:34:01 by Azrael » Logged
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 October 11, 05:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Azrael, I take cream, no sugar with mine.

Actually, I have Oblivion and had it for quite a while. I also have Nights of the Nine and Shivering Isles. I did a check after the NWN2 fiasco, just to be sure. I have NWN, but not NWN2, but I'm a cautious woman and like to know what jumps onto my computer without my explicit permission. I also didn't have anything even resembling SecuRom after my check.

However, after installing BV and checking again, I found it hiding on my hard-drive. So, it is somewhat logical to assume that neither Oblivion nor its two add-ons had SecuRom protection, but BV did.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2007 October 11, 09:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and I love how blasè your concern for your five-year-old is: '[ S ]he's sick with the flu or something.' Maybe I was just royally spoiled, but my parents both actually cared enough about me to find out what I was sick with so they could try to help me get better. But I suppose some parents these days such as yourself can't be bothered to go that far out of their way, can they?  Roll Eyes
Spoiled, I'd say. Why would you care what it is? Either the kid shrugs it off on their own, or they die because they were too weak and defective to survive. Problem solved.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007 October 11, 14:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spoiled, I'd say. Why would you care what it is? Either the kid shrugs it off on their own, or they die because they were too weak and defective to survive. Problem solved.
With all due respect to Denimjo, bad colds and a mild flu can be awfully similar...and there's not much you can do for either except make someone comfortable until they work it out. Even drugs don't do much but that. This is why everyone needs some of my immune system. It sees any type of contaminant and immediately screams "Burn it out! Burn it out!". One day of low-grade fever, and I'm fine. Only has trouble with pneumonia. The bad part: I spend most of the winter with a low-grade fever.

I'm not saying that the poster wasn't an idiot, she is.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007 October 11, 15:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Burn it out! Burn it out!" Ah, that explains the playing in the fireplace.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007 October 11, 15:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More importantly, sYk0 needs to get off his/her ass and update YASU.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2007 October 11, 17:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, maybe I had been wrong about Oblivion, It had come up when doing a search for games with SecuRom 7. I look again and there seems to be some confusion on this, some say it has no protection, others say it's Safedisk. I assumed that it was later versions that had it, because my release version doesn't, unless it's in their patch like NWN
« Last Edit: 2007 October 11, 18:28:29 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2007 October 11, 17:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Oblivion, and at best it has Safedisk, because I play it off a CD image all the time. No sign of SecuROM with it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2007 October 12, 01:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With all due respect to Denimjo, bad colds and a mild flu can be awfully similar...and there's not much you can do for either except make someone comfortable until they work it out. Even drugs don't do much but that. This is why everyone needs some of my immune system. It sees any type of contaminant and immediately screams "Burn it out! Burn it out!". One day of low-grade fever, and I'm fine. Only has trouble with pneumonia. The bad part: I spend most of the winter with a low-grade fever.

I'm not saying that the poster wasn't an idiot, she is.

Yeah, upon further reflection, you're right. In regards to the sick child issue, I went off on a tangent and was being a bitch for little reason. I doubt abbriella will see this, but I do apologise for that.

I don't apologise, however, for mocking the spelling of the word 'flu,' as 'flu' and 'flue' are two entirely different things altogether.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
mamainred
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 October 14, 19:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read how play BV with a no cd crack & keep SecuRom at bay.
That I am confidant I can do this.  I am wondering if I can still use H & M ? 
Does H & M need a crack too, not being an exe ?

Would this be the correct order to install ?
1. Install H & M
2. Install BV
3. Set up the no-CD crack.
4. Remove the SecuRom files , or does this matter since they are empty?
5. Start the game with the no-CD .exe

Thanks,
Dana
« Last Edit: 2007 October 14, 20:58:50 by mamainred » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2007 October 14, 22:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you've got it pretty right.  BV is a 'newer' executable than H&M so you'd be running off the cracked BV executable and not have to worry about SecuROM being reinstalled.  The thread at the top of this forum has complete instructions on how to remove all trace of SecuROM (and yes, that includes deleting the directories).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
mamainred
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007 October 14, 22:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Joe!  My first time making a no-CD crack to play.
I wanted to be very sure I did the right the first time.

SNUGGLES
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007 October 15, 00:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you just download a no cd instead of making it?  It is a lot easier. 
mamainred
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007 October 15, 01:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you just download a no cd instead of making it?  It is a lot easier. 

I guess I chose the wrong words. I should have said apply a no-CD crack.
I have downloaded one.  I hope to test it tonight when everyone else is
sleeping & I am not distracted by kids. 
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2007 October 15, 14:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Oblivion, and at best it has Safedisk, because I play it off a CD image all the time. No sign of SecuROM with it.

Nor with the EP, Shivering Isles. Got that last night, patched, then applied conflicting prettiness mods that necessitated uninstalling the whole thing and reinstalling and repatching. Still no SecuRom.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007 October 15, 23:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't find securom on oblivion or shivering isles.  I also can't find any reference to a security-type program anywhere on their site, although I do need the disk to run it.  So, safedisk is my guess for their anti-pirating software.
dragon_tfm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2007 October 16, 00:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok i get to reformate and re install windows tongiht (yay me) which may or may not have been cause by securrom, so please bare with me id really like to play the game and not have to worry about having to start all over again...so im slightly confussed, i understand that i can keep from getting securrom added if i dont use the original exe,  but one posted confussed me  some one mentioned that the secur rom doesnt come with the installation but insted gets put on your computer once you play it for the first time (im quite sure i could have just miss understood them.sorry if i did)    so  then if that is correct does that mean i wont have to worry about going back and removing any thing since i will eventually be having a fresh install with out having ever use dthe original exe? or is secur rom going to be placed on my computer whether i play the game or not.  again im sorry if i sound dumb, im not very computer savy, and my typing skills suck especially when forced to use our laptop will i get to slowly copy my files from my now borked desktop, (i actually hope it was messed up by secur rom just so i have something to be pissed at lol...i couldnt even get passed my gatway logo page at least it let me get to bios so i could use a boot cd...not like you all care =p)

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008
kislio
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 October 16, 00:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Provided you get a cracked exe before you play the game for the first time, SecuROM should not be installed on your computer.
dragon_tfm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007 October 16, 00:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok thank you very much thanks to the links here ive downloaded one so ill have it once i get my desktop up and running

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008
trevanac
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2007 October 16, 00:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is one of those situations where it is so easy and right in front of you, that you cant believe you can understand it so you stress over it and it drives you crazy. So here is the questions I have had about how to install a no - cd crack,. Only because everything is researched in this thread its so chopped up I want to make sure I have all my information correct. So, I'll start off first with how to install. If someone could please help me and be patient with my dumbass I'd really appreciate it. I bought BV nearly a month ago, but never installed it because I was waiting for the patch. Then of course, you know the rest.

Install the game but Do Not Launch if you Remove the Disk, SecuROM cannot install<--- the most important question I have.

1.download the no-cd crack
2.go to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin"
3.and change the name of the current Sims2EP6.exe to Sims2EP6.bak
4.Then place the crack in the same folder.
5.Make a shortcut to this on your desk top
6.Run game from new shortcut.

Now my questions concerning installing the No Cd.

I found the TSBin (yes, I looked for 2 days so this was a big deal) When I go to step 3  The Sims2ep6ex is not a folder I can name. If I click on it it starts the game. It also does not say exe after it.. So, do I right click and rename it by going into properties and changing it from there?

And, Step 4. I just drag the no-crack CD into the bins folder correct? Then right click on the file and "create shortcut" To be clear, If I never have the bv disk in the drive, i can't accidentally install SecuRom correct? But any EA made Shortcuts can be deleted and the new shortcut would need to be used in order to make the game run. And the short cut is made from the crack. Do I have this correct?

I'm sure your all wondering how I found the "On" button to my laptop by now. Like I said, I think I've made this too hard and it worked me into a state of confusion. Please Help Sad
Raene
Asinine Airhead

Blah.

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2007 October 16, 01:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the TSBin (yes, I looked for 2 days so this was a big deal) When I go to step 3  The Sims2ep6ex is not a folder I can name. If I click on it it starts the game. It also does not say exe after it.. So, do I right click and rename it by going into properties and changing it from there?

It's likely that explorer (assuming you're on Windows) simply isn't displaying extensions. On the menu bar just under the top of the window, select Tools and then Folder Options. A box will pop up, select the second tab which is View. Down under Advanced settings, look for 'Hide extensions for known file types'. Uncheck the box next to it, then click OK to close that box. In the TSBin folder, Sims2Ep6 should now display as Sims2Ep6.exe and you'll be able to rename it properly.

And, Step 4. I just drag the no-crack CD into the bins folder correct? Then right click on the file and "create shortcut" To be clear, If I never have the bv disk in the drive, i can't accidentally install SecuRom correct? But any EA made Shortcuts can be deleted and the new shortcut would need to be used in order to make the game run. And the short cut is made from the crack. Do I have this correct?

Yes, as long as you never use the original EAxis exe file SecuROM cannot install. You should be fine.

~Raene/Nikki
Eventually I might plop something of interest here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: