More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 30, 01:03:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Secret Society Renewal
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Secret Society Renewal  (Read 6007 times)
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
Secret Society Renewal
« on: 2006 September 18, 12:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't broken anything yet I'm just after a little advice from you clever people. (Prevention is better than cure?)

I just discovered that the SS on my additional University sucks on an awesome scale! I usually use the maxis one from Pleasantville, which comes with my custom hood, go in and rip it up and put it right, mainly for Romance Sims. But this new one is nothing more than an old dorm and so Goth it's scary in its (bad/dark/unchangeable form due to damn foundations and crook floor) own hideous way. 

So I'm thinking about building a new modern place, light airy, sexy; you get my drift; but although I know how to build and change it to a SS I'm not sure if I have to remove the old one?  (If I don't where will I end up after calling the limo, the new or old one or just stuck in loop?) And if so how do I do that, as I can't see it and although I know where it is can't do anything about it.

If I can remove the old one how do I make it visible to enable me to do that?  Undecided

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: Secret Society Renewal
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 18, 12:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure you can't have two SS lots in the same neighborhood. I think the best approach would be modifying the existing one when a sim visits it. If the SS funds are low, just motherlode and build away. I've modified the SS building at SSU that way to make it more functional.

Let the Beast inside you free!
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 18, 13:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree about two being incompatiable, I can only imagine what the game would do with two to choose from Shocked  and I wouldn't have thought much about a new one except that I've seen SS's up for download?

I do usually rip and re-place, but the last time I tried with his one I was sent back to desk-top? The foundations are really unstable, difficult to remove and hard to flatten the floor under them, I have never encountered anything like this before. Not only that I end up with around 9 Sims when visting and its a bugger to build around them when I intented on tearing the whole thing down and starting again.

But whatever, Its a challenge I guess. Thanks for your help. Grin

Edit- its SSU...man it sucks! LOL

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 18, 13:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree about two being incompatiable, I can only imagine what the game would do with two to choose from Shocked  and I wouldn't have thought much about a new one except that I've seen SS's up for download?

The ones that are up for download (I particularly like Starling's Brixham series) are for creating your own custom University, not for adding to an existing one.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 18, 13:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]

The ones that are up for download (I particularly like Starling's Brixham series) are for creating your own custom University, not for adding to an existing one.

[ /quote]

Ahh, thank you  Wink

O môr henion i dhû:
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 18, 14:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove a SS lot: visit the lot, use the cheat 'changeLotZoning residential', save.

Turn a random lot into an SS lot: visit the lot in play or build mode, use cheat 'changeLotZoning secretsociety', save.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 18, 14:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't OFB bork up ChangeLotZoning cheats?

Let the Beast inside you free!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 18, 14:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I am aware of. I used it the other day to build some dorms. The uni zoning still works, maybe the broke the comm lot zoning.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 18, 15:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove a SS lot: visit the lot, use the cheat 'changeLotZoning residential', save.

Turn a random lot into an SS lot: visit the lot in play or build mode, use cheat 'changeLotZoning secretsociety', save.

Now that is more than interesting! Thank you so much Grin

To be on the safe side I will test it on a none Fav hood.

I'll let you know what happens. Cheers!

O môr henion i dhû:
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 18, 15:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I am aware of. I used it the other day to build some dorms. The uni zoning still works, maybe the broke the comm lot zoning.

Not comm --> residential, at least -- that still works.  I used it not long ago to change a hotel I downloaded to a residential nursing home.  The switch worked fine; all I had to do was replace the community lot phone and garbage can with the mailbox and regular garbage can.  Works fine.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 18, 18:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I did it, the experimental SS worked very well, so thank you for your advice.

For anyone interested this is what I did-

Took (long suffering Puck Summerdream) to the old SS, changed it to residential; with I hasten to add no clue how to get home…Saved, as the only phone options were to commercial lots and exited.

I then went along to the new SS and set it up (changelotzone ect). Saved & exited and went to Pucks house to see if he would re-appear, he did the Limo drew up and he arrived home as usual. I took him back to the new SS twice just to make sure it worked and it did!

I think the next time I will make the new SS a community lot so I don't end up with a mailbox outside; I'll get a phone instead I guess? I'm not sure what to do about that? But I won't play the experimental one again so it doesn't matter.

Oh by the way I stole loads of rewards before the change just to see if they would travel with the Sim, they did, I re-placed them in the new SS as I have a hack that allows me to have them whenever I want.

Just a note I did this whole change-over while "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" was on, I forgot about it as I used it liberally to get him in the SS and to keep his stats up while I messed around. I have no clue if it had any effect or not I thought I'd better add it just in case it did.

So I am off to the daunting task of making a new modern SS. Thanks again for all your advice, its good to be able to ask something with out it being locked or being told "no tech/info questions here"  Grin

O môr henion i dhû:
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 18, 19:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I am off to the daunting task of making a new modern SS. Thanks again for all your advice, its good to be able to ask something with out it being locked or being told "no tech/info questions here"  Grin

Do check out the Brixham SS lot over on MTS2 -- you may find it a good starting point.  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=169705

There's two others at MTS2 that might be a good starting point also: http://www.modthesims2.com/quicksearch.php?tag=secret+society

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 18, 20:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Jsalemi, I have seen the second one before, amazing building! As The maker said its not easy. I have a beautiful one on my first Uni that I have changed and improved over time, I had a peroid when only two members would be there at any given time so I tore the place apart while they hit each other with pillows on the road Grin

I would like to make another similar but with more light and a more modern theme. The main one is decorated with Reflex Sims grandbathdonation marble. The walls, hottubs, everything just fits together alongside other downloads, its a pity I have never been able to make a Sim house that in my eyes comes close to it Huh Grin 

Ok off to have a go, and to try and remember to take some snapdragons to keep those buggers out the fridge Wink

O môr henion i dhû:
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 18, 21:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok off to have a go, and to try and remember to take some snapdragons to keep those buggers out the fridge Wink

Yea, that would work -- what I usually do is replace the existing fridge with Inge's 'No Autonomy Fridge', and that also solves the food raiding problem. Also forces them to leave the lot when they finally get too hungry.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 19, 08:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh by the way I stole loads of rewards before the change just to see if they would travel with the Sim, they did, I re-placed them in the new SS as I have a hack that allows me to have them whenever I want.

I just use the cheat ‘unlockcareerrewards’.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 19, 12:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or one of the many mods or collections that makes all the career rewards buyable.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 19, 13:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think Twojeffs has a career and aspiration awards hack that is available as a collection.

[edit] Yep, here Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: