More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 18:21:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Homework Problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Homework Problem  (Read 4923 times)
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Homework Problem
« on: 2006 July 16, 20:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea as to what may be causing this, but there's an error log generated whenever my teen and children Sims come home from school and put there homework wherever. I think that they jump after attempting to place it, but I'm not sure, as I haven't played with the testing cheats off for quite some time. Perhaps it is the work of the non-awesome, but after numerous searches for hacks, I have failed to find anything.

Error Log attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Homework Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 17, 14:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't fully interpret the error log, as I lack the abilities of the Awesome Cheesy, but are you using any cloned desks on the lot?
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 17, 18:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I should hope not. It takes place on every lot with child or teen Sims, even the premade, so probably not.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 17, 19:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea what hack it is, but it is caused by one. Something that modifes where or how sims place their homeworks.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 17, 19:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Dizzy's hack that makes then put the homework in their bedroom? I have that one, and it works fine, but I'm not home right now to check the exact file name.  If no one else comes up with it, I'll post it later.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 17, 19:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was gonna reply earlier... but then I decided not to because I didn't really have anything helpful to offer. Tongue

I am fairly sure it is not dizzy's hack. The error log here shows that it seems to be running the default Maxis code for the 'Sub - Put Homework Down' BHAV. Well it seems that way. It hits the node 42 which isn't present in dizzy's hack. His hack only has 9 lines of code for that BHAV, so it would totally be impossible.

The error occurs in 'Sub - Put Homework Down - Drop on Floor' which I don't know any hack that modifies this. I think there are a few other hacks out there, possibly Squinge's or Monique's? I think Squinge has a homework is fun or something? And Monique has an auto-do-homework. I don't use either of those, so I don't know what they do or how they do it. I also saw, recently at MTS2, a hack that lets your sim fall asleep while doing homework by some new modder. *shrugs* Dunno if I would trust that one either.

In anycase, you should totally run S2PCI and look for any homework related hacks. Then check for conflicts with the Paladintool (HCDU or whatever) and the dizzytool (d2Check).

Incidentally... I looked at the code for the drop on the floor bhav... and if it is running the default Maxis code, I'm not sure, but the line it fails on is either an Animate Stop or find location for. I'm not sure what the problem would be. It would seem that you have some hack that modifies this BHAV and it is doing something else. *shrugs*

Ste

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 17, 21:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "homeworksometimesfasterfun_v1" hack was not present in my downloads folder after searching with S2PCI. I remember downloading it and I remember the file name, but it's not in there. I also remember downloading something that could cause Sims to not receive homework every day of the week, but I don't know if these would cause a conflict at that exact spot. Even after searching through all my hacks, it was not found in there. HCDU reveals no conflicts aside from those that work together and a bunch of crap conflicting with the kitten killer supposedly, but nothing homework related.

I, however, do not know the location of where I could download dizzy's tool. I've heard of it, but could you please tell me where I could find it?
bootsie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 17, 22:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the first version of the inteen for ofb?  There was some bug involving teens putting their homework down and a hotfix was made for it.  There's a new version of inteen for ofb that I'm assuming incoporates the previous version's hotfixes (I can't tell you for sure because gaming sites are blocked at work...).  If you haven't updated yet then definitely get it.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 17, 22:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "homeworksometimesfasterfun_v1" hack was not present in my downloads folder after searching with S2PCI. I remember downloading it and I remember the file name, but it's not in there. I also remember downloading something that could cause Sims to not receive homework every day of the week, but I don't know if these would cause a conflict at that exact spot.

I, however, do not know the location of where I could download dizzy's tool. I've heard of it, but could you please tell me where I could find it?

The 'homeworksometimesfasterfun' hack is the one that causes them not to have homework every day (and they also have fun doing homework).

Dizzy's mod is 'homework-in-bedroom1c".  It's over on MTS2 -- I'd give you an exact link, but MTS2 appears to be down (again) at the moment so I can't get there.

Well, for anyone else looking for it: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=75476
« Last Edit: 2006 July 18, 00:44:14 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 17, 23:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was talking to Syberspunk when I requested the link for Dizzy's hack checking utility thing, but I managed to find it on my own. Although Bootsie seemingly found the answer to my problem, I suppose I don't need any help anymore. I think I may just end up removing InTeen entirely if it causes so many problems. Anyway, thanks for all the help, though.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 18, 00:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bootsie is correct.  The problem was fixed almost 3 months ago (and yes, its included in the flavor paks that are bundled in the 1.4a release) - what rock have you been hiding under?  Incidentally, this is a Maxis bug that was introduced in OFB.  It's only because the flavor pak happens to be invoke code (code that worked flawlessly in NL) that triggers the bug that there was every any problem with this.  It's only an issue for those with an outdated version of the InTeen Back To School flavor pak who are using OFB.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 18, 00:55:29 by jase » Logged

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: