More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 19:00:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Lost Car?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lost Car?  (Read 3473 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Lost Car?
« on: 2006 July 11, 02:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Uni and NL installed. I took a sim to a downtown lot in the family car. All went perfectly, she had her dream date, it ended and she was heading home. The house came up, but the sim did not, and the buy and build options remained disabled. The rest of the family was fully playable. (Her roomie went to work and even brought home her townie boyfriend.) The missing sim was still gone.
Forcing errors brought the sim home, but without the car, and buy-build remain grayed out. Any suggestions on what I should try next?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Lost Car?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 11, 02:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exit without saving.  Or if you've already saved, reload and see what happens.  If that doesn't work, move them to another lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 11, 02:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try "Reenable UI" on the Lot debugger.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 11, 03:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Reenable UI" doesn't show up as an option on my version of the Lot Debugger (we are both talking about that invaluable yellow place-holder box of yours, aren't we? Or is there something else?)

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 11, 10:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Reenable UI" doesn't show up as an option on my version of the Lot Debugger (we are both talking about that invaluable yellow place-holder box of yours, aren't we? Or is there something else?)

That's the one. It's highly recommended you get the latest version(s) of your hack(s), as sometimes known bugs are squished and/or new functions are added.

Let the Beast inside you free!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 11, 10:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may need to first enable the dorm build cheat to get access to the buy catalog if you need to place it. This should enable the buy UI in all cases (but not the options/save menu).

Also try clearing stuck moveouts. If this all fails, force errors on *all* using the lot debugger.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 11, 20:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the "Force Errors" command is what brought my sim home ("Retrieve Missing Sim" didn't do it). That was good enough...things can be replaced far easier than characters. I moved them out and back in again, and all is well (other than being a bit poorer, but I approve of that! They had too much money anyway.)

Thanks, all.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: