More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 13:29:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Weird camera issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird camera issues  (Read 3996 times)
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Weird camera issues
« on: 2006 July 02, 17:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm the first to have this.  I've looked everywhere and can't find a similar problem. 

As of late I'm having a problem taking photos with the University reward camera in that I agonize for minutes putting everyone in the perfect place, looking in the same direction, making sure the scenery and camera angle is perfect and then when I take the picture and look at the finished product, it is way too far to the left and cuts off half of my perfect picture!

This has been happening with both photo formats (portrait and landscape) and in all categories (normal, letter box, etc... though I don't even know the different between them).  I don't know why this is happening all of a sudden but it's making me very mad/sad because I am a photo-taking junkie and this is effing with my artistic ability!  Angry

If I remove my Camera folder from the My Documents/EA GAmes directory, will it regenerate and hopefully fix this problem?  Anyone else have any clue why this is happening?  Huh
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: Weird camera issues
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 02, 17:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the game regenerates the camera files, but you might be able to extract them from the game CD. If you browse around you may find them. Otherwise, GunMod had posted the original Maxis camera settings along with his custom ones, in case you wanted to revert to default. You'll find his camera mod over at MTS2.

Edit: link is here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97642

Let the Beast inside you free!
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 02, 18:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using a mac? This is a known problem and Aspyr is working on a patch.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 02, 18:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm too stupid to work a Mac.  I use a PC and my pictures have been fine before, it's just recently.  I've been searching my hacks folder to see if there is anything I could have downloaded to cause this but unless the inTeenimator has a new "mess up your screenshots" feature, I'm stumped.

Thanks for the link, DrBeast, I'll download it and see if it helps.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 02, 18:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been searching my hacks folder to see if there is anything I could have downloaded to cause this but unless the inTeenimator has a new "mess up your screenshots" feature, I'm stumped.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 02, 19:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, I have the kitten killer and I don't have any problems with the camera object.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 02, 21:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nikita, I don't know if it makes you feel better, but I hardly ever got the camera to work. I also had the same problem with painting portraits. My solution? 1) Don't use the camera  and 2) Don't zoom in on portraits.

And it isn't the kitten killer! I had the problem long before I had any kinds of hacks. So there.  Tongue

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 02, 23:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nikita, I don't know if it makes you feel better, but I hardly ever got the camera to work. I also had the same problem with painting portraits. My solution? 1) Don't use the camera  and 2) Don't zoom in on portraits.

Yeah, that's not an option for me.  Taking photos and placing them on every bare wall and flat surface available is like crack for me.  If I couldn't do it, I'd be clawing at my skin trying to get the imaginary spiders off.  Sad

And I'm sure it's not the inTeen because it's only one of many hacks I have (though most are from here) but also, it has absolutely nothing to do with the cameras in the game (so far as I know) and I refuse to believe this "kitten killing" claim unless I get some hard statistics on any correlation between the rise in kitten deaths and release of the inTeen.

I haven't tried painting a portrait in a while so I have no clue if that's been affected too.  I'm just going to replace my Cameras folder with GunMod's default and hope it works.  Whenever I get around to doing that...
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 08, 15:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only small kittens are harmed, not cameras.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: