More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 17:16:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  blinking red/black walls
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: blinking red/black walls  (Read 6993 times)
jafhsdf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
blinking red/black walls
« on: 2006 June 29, 09:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i bought ffs a few days ago (why?! agh) and thought everything was going to be all great because i could have a jellyfish lamp. well it wasnt. why? because all my walls were blinking red and black (it looked really cool actually but when i uninstalled i lost the video of it Undecided) and most of my objects were pitch black. since ive uninstalled it, now my lots from n. view are blue with a blinking red outline (once in the lot its fine). anyone know what could have caused this mass blinking problem, is there a way i can have my dreams of jellyfish lamps again?

bloop bloop
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: blinking red/black walls
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 29, 10:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't understand that at all. ElfPuddle, translate!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 29, 12:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lemme help out here.

Translation:

I bought and installed Family Fun Stuff without reading the system requirements all because I wanted Jellyfish lamps.

My Video Card sucks and I have the known issue with FFS of flashing walls

I made a video of the flashing walls with the ingame camera, but when I uninstalled FFS, it deleted the video.

Can this be fixed so I can have Jellyfish Lamps.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 29, 12:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i bought ffs a few days ago (why?! agh) and thought everything was going to be all great because i could have a jellyfish lamp. well it wasnt. why? because all my walls were blinking red and black (it looked really cool actually but when i uninstalled i lost the video of it Undecided) and most of my objects were pitch black. since ive uninstalled it, now my lots from n. view are blue with a blinking red outline (once in the lot its fine). anyone know what could have caused this mass blinking problem, is there a way i can have my dreams of jellyfish lamps again?

translation:

I bought a copy of the Family Fun Pack because the jellyfish lamp looked like an object I would like in my game.
After installation the walls flashed red and black so I uninstalled it and the lots in the neighbourhood view are now blue with a red outline.
Does anyone know what could have caused this potential BFBVFS and is there any way I can reinstall the FFP without losing my game?

jafhsdf
Did you completely uninstall the Sims2 because if you just uninstall FFP (which behaves like an expansion pack) it removes some items from the game.
Did you make a back up of your game before installing FFP? If not then you will lose everything and have to install it from scratch.

ETA - Jorenne's translation is probably more accurate lol

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
jafhsdf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 29, 17:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i backed everything up before i installed ffs.

i uninstalled and then reinstalled everything again (except ffs) so everythings kinda back to normal

how much would a better video card cost?

bloop bloop
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 29, 19:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How long is a piece of string? It would depend on your mainboard, your finances and where you buy the card from. Do you know what mainboard you have?
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 29, 20:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technical translation:
I bought Family Fun Stuff a few days ago. (Why, I don't know. It frustrates me....but I wanted the jellyfish lamp). I ended up with blinking red and black walls, (which were cool, and I made a video of it...but lost the video when I uninstalled the game.) and most of my objects were pitch black. I've since uninstalled the game and now my lots in the neighborhood view only are blue with a blinking red outline. Does anyone know what caused the blinking problems? Can I retain my dreams of jellyfish lamps?

Non-awesome translation:
Despite all the warnings, I bought FFS. I had the infamous blinking issues, and so I got rid of it. Now my lots are screwy (see ElfPuddle's thread) and I need a new video card.

Sorry, JM, I was at class and didn't know I was needed. Thanks to my subs for filling in for me.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 30, 03:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno if it's good or bad, but I had no problem at all understanding the original post.  THe part of it I didn't understand was why anyone would pay for FFS, that will forever remain a mystery.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 01, 09:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can d/l it from the official site now - horror of horrors

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 06, 07:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a really good laugh reading this thread. It amuses me how everyone adds in their own interpretations of why the guy bought FFP. And amidst the translations, added in the questions and answers for him...

I am so enjoying these translations. We really ought to have a thread for ElfPuddle to compile them. I am sure I would have fun reading them  Grin

Go Away
jafhsdf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 06, 10:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a really good laugh reading this thread. It amuses me how everyone adds in their own interpretations of why the guy bought FFP. And amidst the translations, added in the questions and answers for him...

I am so enjoying these translations. We really ought to have a thread for ElfPuddle to compile them. I am sure I would have fun reading them  Grin

sadly im a girl...

bloop bloop
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 06, 11:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so have you solved the probs you had in the game?

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 06, 17:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*blushes* Thanks, Jysudo!

sadly im a girl...

Why is being a girl a sad thing? Wink

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 07, 02:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhhh...I thought you are a guy lol  Grin Sooorrry.

Oooo...Elfpuddle certainly deserves her own thread. How about starting one? *egging you on*
Doubt JM will kill you for it. He needs a translator. And we needs a space for your achievements. They are seriously good.

Go Away
jafhsdf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 07, 03:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kacidama: yeah, i figured i can live without jellyfish lamps so it will never be installed again

ElfPuddle: because i hate being a girl once a month

Jysudo: dont worry about it lol

bloop bloop
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 07, 03:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A word of advice: better change your graphics card if you are going to buy future EPs. This is because those EPs will follow the system specs of FFP.

Go Away
jafhsdf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 07, 04:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A word of advice: better change your graphics card if you are going to buy future EPs. This is because those EPs will follow the system specs of FFP.
true... never thought of that. ill have to look into how much they are and then go from there

bloop bloop
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: