More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 20:15:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  FFS uninstalled OFB?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS uninstalled OFB?  (Read 2845 times)
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
FFS uninstalled OFB?
« on: 2006 June 14, 17:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I expected some problems with FFS, but none as big as this one. Long boring post follows.

Today, I got FFS from Amazon (£3.59 using voucher). Installed it, patched it, no problems. Then I started the thing. As soon as the loading screen had gone, I got the standard custom content warning screen, but then I got a message stating that I had uninstalled Open For Business, and that if I selected "continue" all businesses would be lost. Knowing that I would need to quit anyway to enable custom content, I selected "quit".

Restarted FFS, same thing happens. Checked in OFB directory, everything still there. Removed FFS from drive, inserted OFB. I cancelled the installation, and used the OFB shortcut in the Start menu. Encountered an odd error, OFB quit to desktop before reaching splash screen. Looked in still open OFB folder. Everything is gone except for the TSBin folder. Start menu shortcuts were missing. Swore at FFS disc.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else before?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
Re: FFS uninstalled OFB?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 14, 17:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn Venusy, that'd send me through the roof.  I haven't heard of that but I do know of more than a few people who are having issues with FFS crashing their systems. 

I hope you have a pre-FFS back up that you can restore from.   Undecided

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 14, 17:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They had this same problem with OFB and NL with some people, didn't they?  I thought the OFB patch had something about that in it.

Sorry you had a problem and I hope you have a back-up, maybe you can try reinstalling it and see if that helps.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 14, 18:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They had this same problem with OFB and NL with some people, didn't they?  I thought the OFB patch had something about that in it.

Sorry you had a problem and I hope you have a back-up, maybe you can try reinstalling it and see if that helps.
I've already reinstalled, I'm just waiting for the game to load up. The Neighborhoods folder seems to have been unaffected by this, as the modification date appears to be the last time I played the game.

EDIT: Game has loaded up, no warning message. Checked in on a lot with a home business, it works fine.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 15, 02:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to hear you had probs with it Venusy - I suppose I am one of the lucky ones that has had relatively few probs with FFS.  I know I had the disc for a few weeks before I installed it (I thought about returning it to Amazon) and made sure I had a back-up.

I vaguely remember having that problem with a previous EP when it said it was uninstalling

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: