Please help me fix this BS

<< < (2/15) > >>

GossipGirl:
Quote from: Narmy on 2011 April 13, 16:48:29

Did you try lowering the graphics setting to minimum? Those specs are pretty terrible, and apparently the system requirements on a Mac are a fair bit higher.

Also try it with no CC at all, see if that does anything.

I did lower the graphic settings but not all to Low, some Medium and a few on High... :-\ I tried this just now, I removed all CC and renamed my Sims 3 Folder, restarted the game. And it seems like it solved parts of it. But I still get a long pause in Bridgeport. But then I tried in Twinbrook and it seemed fine. The vegetable thing worked fine...

Darby:
Bare minimum specs provide mediocre performance on lowest settings.  Try playing with anything on high, and performance will suffer.  The best answer you'll ever get is to upgrade your machine or put up with crappy game performance.  Simple as that.   

GossipGirl:
Thanks Narmy and Darby. I didn't know I didn't have the minimum requirements :( So I re-added my CC and kept the graphic settings at the lowest, or almost, and it's running much better! Ok it doesn't look as perfect but it's fine for me. I'll try and see if I can upgrade my Mac. Thank you for your help. It was so simple, I didn't even think of it ::)

Narmy:
Quote from: GossipGirl on 2011 April 13, 16:27:04

I have a new Mac OS X.

Mac OS X
Version 10.6.7
Processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Hard drive capacity: 195.29 GB
Available: 28.5 GB

It still baffles me that Apple would sell something so shitty as "new", almost as much as it baffles me that people actually buy it for $1000+.

GossipGirl:
Quote from: Narmy on 2011 April 13, 18:49:41

Quote from: GossipGirl on 2011 April 13, 16:27:04

I have a new Mac OS X.

Mac OS X
Version 10.6.7
Processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Hard drive capacity: 195.29 GB
Available: 28.5 GB

It still baffles me that Apple would sell something so shitty as "new", almost as much as it baffles me that people actually buy it for $1000+.

:-\ We got it like a bit less than a year ago... From Future Shop/Best Buy (Canada)... And according to MTS, my Mac meets the minimum requirements. But yeah, they are the minimum... Sucks. Other games run fine! It's just that The Sims is becoming way too "heavy"... I'm assuming adding all EPs and SPs on top of that doesn't help... *sigh*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page