More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 08:43:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is the bird another Remote Control Car?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is the bird another Remote Control Car?  (Read 3302 times)
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is the bird another Remote Control Car?
« on: 2007 January 29, 04:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A while ago I was told that the remote control car is very buggy and causes problems on any lot where it's present, because it's like a Sim in that it moves around on its own (I don't know why that causes bugs).  I stopped using the car, and it seemed that most of my more curious and unfixable problems stopped.

The other day I foolishly stocked a bird cage (that some Child Wanted) and at some point the bird got out and was flying around. I think around this point I began having a problem with one Sim on the lot, a lot on which I had never had problems before. One problem was that once the Sim starts to clean something, she won't stop. She has to be stopped manually. Another is that one of her Wants stays in the panel even after it's fulfilled.

Is this related to the bird flying around? Is the bird in fact another Remote Control Car, causing problems? Is there anything I can do about the Sim who won't stop cleaning, and who doesn't realize that she has bought a karaoke machine? By the way, I got rid of the bird.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Is the bird another Remote Control Car?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 29, 04:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bird and the OFB bots are "fake NPCs" like the RC car.
Set all your objects.package files as read only and you should avoid any actual problems with them.

I do not think your problems are related. The fake NPC problem is that it can be deleted or get Sim effects like sickness, which may cause corruption of the objects.package file (which holds all your game objects and BHAVs (scripts that make the game work).

I believe the major problems with it were fixed in Uni or the base game patch, but it can't hurt to protect your game. Nothing should modify the objects.package files anyway.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 29, 06:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the major problems with it were fixed in Uni or the base game patch, but it can't hurt to protect your game. Nothing should modify the objects.package files anyway.

Except for the occasional official patch from EA, in which case you should remember to make objects.package R/W again before you install the patch.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
zoebme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 29, 16:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a bug since Pets that the karaoke machine want doesn't get fulfilled when buying one. I don't think there are any fixes as yet. See also this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6509.0.html
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 29, 18:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may just be lies and propaganda but it seems that a Pets patch will be out this week.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 29, 19:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, let's see how many things they break while they 'fix' other things.  Roll Eyes

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 30, 11:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'll be a "late adopter" on the Pets patch.  I'm happy with my game the way it is and don't feel like spending 2 weeks waiting for new hacks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: