More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 12:22:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Best way to kill off townie children?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Best way to kill off townie children?  (Read 17169 times)
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Best way to kill off townie children?
« on: 2005 August 02, 21:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't much like the townies, especially the kids.  And I'm really sick of my adult Sims still wanting to be friends with the horrid little imps.

I have the no regenerators installed and would love to clean house (neighborhood actually).  Since I'm stuck with their character files, I figure I might as well have the fun of killing them off.  I have barracaded one in the corner of the house with walls and she's a goner.  (Really funny that there was a window there and my Sims went into the kitchen to watch her die.)

How else can I off the townies?

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
Re: Best way to kill off townie children?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 02, 22:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BURN THEM!!!  DROWN THEM!!  At the SAME TIME!!

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 02, 22:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some killer...Smiley

Why torture them so long time? Download Carrigon's Voodoo bottle from http://www.varioussimers.net
It has an option "kill by hunger". When you want to kill some sim, click on it, choose "kill by hunger", and choose the name of the sim you want to kill. He dies instantly, the reaper comes, and then you can sell the tomb.

brrrr...Smiley.
gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 02, 22:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the best way is to use 'boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true' then spawn a rodney's death creator and a tomstone of life and death, you can 'add to family.../%FirstName%' any sim in the neighborhood (already dead sims show up in this list as well so it can take a while to find the one you're looking for), then kill them with the rodney's death creator when they are on the lot... Doing it this way isn't very sporting but I killed 89 townies and ugly university sims this way without causing a mess of burned stuff all over the place which is always good.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 02, 22:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why torture them so long time? Download Carrigon's Voodoo bottle from http://www.varioussimers.net
It has an option "kill by hunger". When you want to kill some sim, click on it, choose "kill by hunger", and choose the name of the sim you want to kill. He dies instantly, the reaper comes, and then you can sell the tomb.

Thank you.  I see it now.  I had looked at the Little Dolly of Death but that just makes them sick.  I've got the bottle now.  (the eyes are getting old and the fonts seem smaller all the time)

BURN THEM!!! DROWN THEM!! At the SAME TIME!!

I would love to burn them but can't seem to manage to build the fire.  Drowning... don't think I could do that.  I wouldn't want my Sims swimming in townie gut infested pool water.  Smiley

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 02, 22:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to burn them but can't seem to manage to build the fire.  Drowning... don't think I could do that.  I wouldn't want my Sims swimming in townie gut infested pool water.  Smiley

Buyable fire.  Small room.  End of sim.  Cowplant is always fun.  So is influencing them to repair that broken computer....

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 02, 22:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not have at them with a cow plant thingy? Clean, easy and you get some elixir of life outta them. Wink

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
taichikitten
Asinine Airhead

Life in Digital

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 02, 23:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently went on a townie killing spree.  I am moving slowly through my Legacy family story, and I don't want the same townies showing up in the family pictures generation after generation, so I decided to clean some house.  I have one special lot in my neighborhood where all the behind-the-scene townie aging, make-overs and clothing changes occur, and it is now also home to my townie cemetary.  Using the teleportation bush from Simlogical to get them there, I then put Rodney's Death Creator to good use for awhile, and had a cow plant eat some others.  Then, I felt impatient and wanted to see something really spectacular.  I used the bush to get Kennedy, Joe, Cristy, Andrea, Melissa, Marylena, and Sophie to the lot, got them grouped together and built a tight wall around them.  Then I used buyable fire and the intense fire hack and -- WHOOSH!  It was great, and very satisfying.
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 03, 02:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buyable fire.  Small room.  End of sim.  Cowplant is always fun.  So is influencing them to repair that broken computer....

Chris

*nods* I did the buyable fire/small room method to kill off every townie in my favorite hood.  It took a few tries to get them all burned, but it was fun! lol

It wouldn't be so bad if you got different townies for each hood - but when I first got the game, I was playing Pleasantview and used the townies there a lot, so it seemed wrong to have them in my new hood. (ie - What the hell is Komei Tellerman doing here, isn't he married to so-and-so and an elder now??)

Another reason I like them gone because then your sims will only bring other sims you actually play home from work.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 03, 04:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, laurenke, pamy is unaware of that thing that makes your sims drown and then start on fire (or is it the other way around?).
Oh, shoot.  Well, here is the link.

Roll Eyes

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 03, 05:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favourite method of Sim-killing has to be the death field :-)  I have this one college lot which has accumulated four tombstones so far - two mascots, a cheerleader, and a streaker.  It would be five but I zombified a cheerleader to keep the lot going ;-)

PresentTense
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 03, 06:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buyable fire is the best. Cowplants are always amusing too.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 03, 11:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cowplant doesn't eat children.

http://www.notovny.org/images/SayNoToCow.jpg

When in doubt, kill it with fire.

http://www.notovny.org/images/TrialByFire.jpg

But, well, I had an ulterior motive.

http://www.notovny.org/images/DoneDirtCheap.jpg
http://www.notovny.org/images/SheShallReturn.jpg

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 03, 13:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

notovny: The fire picture is sweet!  Too bad Sims are too dumb to just climb over the counters, huh?  But then that wouldn't be as fun.

notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 03, 14:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it wouldn't have helped her in that case. Walled her up, too.  Didn't want the fire endagering my Pleasantview Community-Lot Tester Sim, Nadine Housewalk.

I also used to have a much more graphic version of the burning, taken a minute or so later, but I lost that one.

Interestingly enough, after I ressurected Marsha Breunig,  I caught her gossipping  with her boyfriend. "Nadine Housewalk Burned Food!" and they both giggled.

Guess she wasn't too traumatized about the "...And she burned me to death with it, so your mothers could have me in their house, through foul acts of Necromancy!" part.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 03, 14:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That doesn't really suprise me.  After all, burned food is MUCH more important than anything to the Sims, including the death of a loved one.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 03, 22:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite method is room o' doom, using judicious placement of APOs. You have a corridor room leading to your Room O' Doom, and that one is locked so that only the sims you want killed getting into it. The inner room has a death field activated for whatever category you want, as long as it includes the sims to be killed. Then you stick some sort of high-advertisement object into the inner chamber, and voila: Room O' Doom. Still fine tuning that last bit, though. Anyone know an object that sims are friggin' obsessive about? I could use a toddler, but that just seems . . . wrong.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 03, 22:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

put a freakin piano in there...that's where all of my visitors go as soon as they walk in the door.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 03, 22:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...pool table is even more of a magnet in my houses. Townie bait!
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 03, 22:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes. The pool table, and instruments. Doi. I feel silly now. Musical instrument-orchestrated doom. Of course.

And finally, an actual use for that blasted pool table. Hates it. Hates. Grr.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 03, 23:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just delete their character files?   If you kill them, the character files stay there forever taking up space.   

When I start a new hood I generate and name the hood then leave the game.  I then go to the character folder for that hood and delete all the character files.  No townies, no npcs.  Then I go back and make my new families.  New NPCs with different names and faces are generated as they are needed.   Paperboy, driver, postman,  etc.   No townies unless you go to a community lot.  Of course there is no one to welcome that first family into the hod but what the hey, they are pioneers. 

I also routinely delete all the character files of npcs generated by the slowdown bug. 

I haven't ever tried deleting files for townies that have been encountered by pcs but it should work just as well.   With Marsha and the others I just grew them up.  In my game, Marsha is now an adult, married to another townie, has several kids and still spends all her free time calling up everyone in town.  Even dead people. 

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 03, 23:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just delete their character files?   If you kill them, the character files stay there forever taking up space.   

When I start a new hood I generate and name the hood then leave the game.  I then go to the character folder for that hood and delete all the character files.  No townies, no npcs.  Then I go back and make my new families.  New NPCs with different names and faces are generated as they are needed.   Paperboy, driver, postman,  etc.   No townies unless you go to a community lot.  Of course there is no one to welcome that first family into the hod but what the hey, they are pioneers. 

I also routinely delete all the character files of npcs generated by the slowdown bug. 

I haven't ever tried deleting files for townies that have been encountered by pcs but it should work just as well.   With Marsha and the others I just grew them up.  In my game, Marsha is now an adult, married to another townie, has several kids and still spends all her free time calling up everyone in town.  Even dead people. 

Isn't it easier to use the deleteAllCharacters cheat?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 03, 23:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't ever tried deleting files for townies that have been encountered by pcs but it should work just as well.   

You just have to get rid of all the playable characters' memories of "unknown". Which is really fun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 03, 23:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest Phone Hack should curb the Unified Phone Stalking greatly: A higher minimum relationship is needed to be a valid caller, and a caller who you have maxed out relations with will no longer feel the need to harass you pointlessly, since nothing can be gained from this. Also, the caller will not phone for somebody who is not present or asleep at the time the call is generated, meaning you no longer get the cellphone harasser.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 04, 01:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest Phone Hack should curb the Unified Phone Stalking greatly: A higher minimum relationship is needed to be a valid caller, and a caller who you have maxed out relations with will no longer feel the need to harass you pointlessly, since nothing can be gained from this. Also, the caller will not phone for somebody who is not present or asleep at the time the call is generated, meaning you no longer get the cellphone harasser.

Works like a charm too, I finally turned all my pixel people's phones back on. I didn't mind the low relationship sims calling so much, but the maxed ones calling continously was a big nuisance and a waste of time.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: