More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 05:35:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets Now installed. Running, Barking, and pissing.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets Now installed. Running, Barking, and pissing.  (Read 16575 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Pets Now installed. Running, Barking, and pissing.
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 18, 15:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what objects they messed with. Probably the phone. They always messed with the phone. Don't know about the computer. I really haven't had a chance to play yet, just fooled around with making pets in the CAS.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 18, 16:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean by "messed with"? All I know is that the pets attack comfort objects (sofas,chairs,beds,etc. Not sure about tables though)

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 October 18, 16:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean changed, modified. Like how Uni added the study option the book cases and college to the computer and OFB added the business option to the computer etc.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 October 18, 16:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooooh I see. I would be cool if there was a new "repair" option for items that the pets damage. The game needs more ways to build up mechanical.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 October 18, 16:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game seemed to work fine, other than the bandit cat code wouldn't work.

You can't input the dashes. You can only put the alphanumerics, because there is only enough space in the field for them alone.

That wasn't the problem, I'd tried that.  GLS had basically uninstalled, the uninstaller for Pets never finished installing, and it wouldn't take the codes. I had to manually uninstall the whole stupid thing and start over fresh.  Roll Eyes Everything went fine then, but unlike the sheep, I don't particularly like reinstalling.

But it was probably just karma because I've said over the past few releases that I didn't understand why so many sheep always ended up with so many installation problems, that my games always installed fine.  Wink

Huh Now, if I could just figure out how the subfolder with MaxoidMonkey's objects mysteriously disappeared when my Sims 2 folder was safely sitting on my desktop the whole time, during both installations.  They are simple enough to replace, but it's so strange.

Yes, they messed with the phone, the computer, the doors and gates, and the Bay Window, for sure. 
« Last Edit: 2006 October 18, 16:49:19 by katenigma » Logged

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 October 18, 17:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably add options for pets adoptions, locking out pets with the gates, and cats laying in the bay window.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 October 18, 17:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Small dogs can lay in the Bay Window too, and large dogs lean on it, up on their hind legs, to look out.

The guide has a whole long list of things that are useable by Pets, but most of the things are either like the stereo, where they can bark or otherwise react to it, things they can destroy, or things like the bed/couches.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 October 18, 17:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DAMNITALLTOHELL!

I had an error when I was installing- it got to the point of verifying the update, then froze. The 2nd time, I saw that the folders were in my Start Menu, and as Kellinjar had the exact same error and had run the game anyway, I just made a new shortcut and went on my way. Game seemed to work fine, other than the bandit cat code wouldn't work.

Until I went to decorate a new house, and noticed all my GLS objects were missing!!!!  Angry So now, I'm doing a clean install of the entire bloody thing. I am NOT a happy camper. I've saw one post on the BBS from someone who'd crashed on install, who said a clean install made it install properly.

I always have to install my expansion/stuff packs at least twice, because the product registration causes errors. Just another bug courtesy of the fine folks at Electonic Arts. Ah, don't you just love 'em? Yes, I am being sarcastic.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 October 18, 17:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have to install my expansion/stuff packs at least twice, because the product registration causes errors. Just another bug courtesy of the fine folks at Electonic Arts. Ah, don't you just love 'em? Yes, I am being sarcastic.

Heh, that makes me glad that I never register during install, and only after. I'll be backing up my downloads and neighborhoods before trying to install when I finally get this anyway, just in case. Need to back up the neighborhoods to save my ACR tokens anyway. Wink

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 October 18, 18:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The important question is: "What have they got for the sim families that don't want a pet?" Anything significant? I don't mean variants of existing items, such as yet another table or bed - I mean genuinely new types of things.

Its got enough to occupy a torrent slot for the next 90 minutes.

Don't forget to add Sims 2 to your blocked list on your firewall! Say MMMMMMMM to spyware.

Does Pets phone home ??

BTW, does anyone have a minibackup for pets yet?
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 October 18, 21:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the ability to invite entire families to your sim's house all at once.

Now that's cool. I've wanted that.

Yeah, it's about time. What I wonder is, do you have to have a good relationship with all family members, or if one person wants to stay home and play Myshuno with a llama do they all stay home? I will wait for hack updates. I am going out of town for a while, plus I am hooked on what this site has to offer.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 October 18, 21:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a sim is supposed to be at work, do they come or not?
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 October 18, 22:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DAMNITALLTOHELL!

I had an error when I was installing- it got to the point of verifying the update, then froze. The 2nd time, I saw that the folders were in my Start Menu, and as Kellinjar had the exact same error and had run the game anyway, I just made a new shortcut and went on my way. Game seemed to work fine, other than the bandit cat code wouldn't work.

Until I went to decorate a new house, and noticed all my GLS objects were missing!!!!  Angry So now, I'm doing a clean install of the entire bloody thing. I am NOT a happy camper. I've saw one post on the BBS from someone who'd crashed on install, who said a clean install made it install properly.

When you reinstalled did you have your GLs stuff Show up after? I just installed on top of mine and my Gls stuff is gone too. I didn't have any glitches with my install so was a little surprised that Gls stuff was gone.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 October 18, 23:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed it, and all my GLS stuff is still there.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 October 18, 23:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm wonder what happened. Dang I don't want to have to reinstall the game and all eps and stuff packs Sad
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 October 19, 00:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, when I did the clean install, the GLS stuff was back.

I think the installation is posessed.   Undecided

- Kurt Vonnegut
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 October 19, 03:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine installed okay, but I had the random custom/no custom content like I did when I installed GLS. Fixed after a reboot.

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 October 19, 04:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears they don't offer Standard Poodles (the most intelligent breed [standards are the big, brainy ones, not the teeny-weeny inbred neurotic toy/teacup things])

Actually, border colllies are the most intellegent, standard poodles are second, with Shepherds third.  I made an effort to learn the list of most intellegent breeds when I worked in a kennel two summers ago  Wink

Anwyas...I thought I remember seeing a standard poodle in a screenshot...I'm gonna have to go hunt that now...Seems you could breed one if they aren't included, though, right?
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 October 19, 04:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are standard poodles as well as little ones, but they sport that stupid high fashion french cut reserved for show dogs. I prefer the lamb cut personally.

Dogs of any size can kick it in the bay window, not just small ones. And they seem to really enjoy it.

There are new phones, a new fireplace, new fences, dividers for flooring, diagonal roofs, new windows/doors, some wall paper and floor, rotating floors, new decorative items, new displays for selling animals, a large salt water fish tank etc

Cats are pretty much the most maintence free pet in the game, they have their littler box, they eat and play with the post and toys and they dont require much of anything. Dogs are far more dependant.

I played in a stock game and didnt really experience any problems yet, although I only played for 3 hours and didnt interact with anything but the sim/homestead and the 3 pets I created.

some pics and a review (precursary) on my site as well as pics in my bucket account for the browsing :
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/nectere/Petsz/
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 October 19, 05:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice pics Nectere.. Thanks  Smiley

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 October 19, 06:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some pics and a review (precursary) on my site as well as pics in my bucket account for the browsing :
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/nectere/Petsz/

Cute pictures.

Is that a skunk? Is there a skunk that wanders the neighborhood? I heard about the wolves but I don't remember hearing about skunks.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 October 19, 06:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, there's a skunk. :-)

Haven't seen it so far, but it's there.

- Kurt Vonnegut
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 October 19, 14:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but they sport that stupid high fashion french cut reserved for show dogs. I prefer the lamb cut personally.

Yup.  Puppy (lamb) cut only way to go.  Hmmm, wonder if a Sim with a gold badge in hair styling or whatever the heck it's called could groom a dog?

I might pick up the EP today since it is supposed to snow all weekend [a good excuse not to do indoor chores]

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 October 19, 15:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, if they don't have a mini or standard version of your favorite breed, switching from small dog to large dog or vice versa will create a mini or giant version of the breed you had selected.

That's how I made my eskie. Took a samoyed and switched it to a small breed and narrowed the face a bit. Viola, instant American Eskimo.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 October 20, 02:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's how I made my eskie. Took a samoyed and switched it to a small breed and narrowed the face a bit. Viola, instant American Eskimo.

Oooo, cool -- I'll have to try that when I get Pets.  Mojo can wreck havoc in my game too... Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: