More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 17:20:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 233108 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #200 on: 2005 September 15, 06:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim:  LTWs were introduced in Uni and are therefore not present in the base game.

This is what I thought - I mentioned it earlier.  In that case, what on earth is the problem with the Uni careers being included?  Anyone without Uni won't get LTW's anyway so what on earth is wrong with including them?  

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2005 September 15, 06:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is exactly what I was thinking...

unless the LTW will be included with nightlife, so you will now have LTWs, regardless of whether you have uni or not

Ness
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: 2005 September 15, 06:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and about this piano thing.  I have JM's fix for that, but before I had it, my Sim kids would come home from school and go straight to the piano, quite clearly to gain FUN.  Why would they do that if the piano had no fun to offer?  It must be advertising fun even if it isn't supplying it, which suggests it is meant to supply it.  I had to stop them using it (thereby also stopping them gaining creativity) before they ended-up totally in the red. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2005 September 15, 06:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim:  LTWs were introduced in Uni and are therefore not present in the base game.

This is what I thought - I mentioned it earlier.  In that case, what on earth is the problem with the Uni careers being included?  Anyone without Uni won't get LTW's anyway so what on earth is wrong with including them? 
I assume that he means that if you choose not to send your sims to college, they will be stuck with unfulfillable LTWs.  But that wouldn't be anything new since we already have adults and elders stuck with unfulfillable LTWs.  We can always reroll them or use SimPE to change them if we want, but if they were there, at least we'd have a chance of getting them.  As it stands, all my sim teens have a horrible fear of being uneducated, so I always send them to college anyway.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: 2005 September 15, 07:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I was sorta saying in my post, which it seems most everyone didn't bother to read. Wink Well, I tend to get longwinded, so that's my own fault. But anyways... I totally understand that supposed reason as to why they think it was bad to have teen sims stuck with unfulfillable LTWs, but that would just be a consequence on the player's part due to their decision of how they choose to play. So... if they opt to not send their sim to college, then they are doing so by their choice and thus denying the fulfillment of that sim's LTW. I totally even forgot about the situation where elders would end up with unfulfillable LTWs. Especially if they are CAS made elders, then those sims are totally screwed as well, since there would be no way for them to achieve career related LTWs since they can't get "real" jobs anyway. At least not without hacks. Tongue So yeah, that sort of just ends up contradicting the seemingly half-thought decisions that were made. Apparently it is ok to screw over elders, but not teens. Tongue

I personally think that, in the long run, it is better to have more options, especially to have LTWs that go with any new careers that will no doubt show up with each expansion pack. Again, as I was trying to say, if we only ever have LTWs related to the original careers in the base game, then there isn't as much incentive to ever play those other careers out. In fact, there wouldn't even be an incentive to go to Uni anyways for those sims who have career LTWs since doing so isn't required. I think having those Uni related career LTWs and supposedly there might be new careers in NL as well which should also have new related LTWs, it would just give further incentive to send sims to Uni so they can achieve those LTWs. Heck... I haven't even seen any regular wants to become Any of those new careers. I have seen wants to get a job in a certain career track before, but that has only been fairly rare on occassion, and so far limited to the already existing careers in the base game. Again, it would just be so much better and make more sense to have these other career related LTWs for more variety and gameplay incentive. And this goes hand in hand with having re-rollable LTWs at life changing events or Age Transitions. But meh, I'll stop ranting for now otherwise I'll just be a broken record. Hehe.  Grin

I just don't know if I'll have the patience to wait for all my favorite global hacks to be updated and/or re-written or whatever. Especially having to wait for Pescado to get his copy. My Nightlife should be arriving tomorrow!!! I've been like constantly checking the tracking info at UPS. Hehe. Yeah, I'm that crazy. Tongue

Ste

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2005 September 15, 08:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rant away!

if I had the energy, I would join you - I love the uni careers, but they seem pointless - I only ever get to use them if a sim rolls a non-career want, so generally only my family sims get them!

I want uni career LTWs!

Ness
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2005 September 15, 09:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, I want new careers - a truckload of them.

Bored bored bored Sad Sad Sad
(with careers of course, not with the sims  Cheesy )

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2005 September 15, 11:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, not to be a nuisance but, Maxoid, could something be done about the staricases, please? How is it that only one sim at a time can use the staircase to ascend or descend to the next storey of the house, yet those connecting stairs (the ones that has to be placed on a foundation/deck surface and are adaptable to elevation heights) aren't affected? If that's a design feature, well then, I'm sorry but that's dumb Tongue. Before JMP's 'lesswhiny' hack, I had to listen to my sims throwing (lots and lotsa) tantrums because somebody's already on the stairs and they can't use it. Of course I could easily replace those staircases with connecting stairs but that's not the point. So, please, can this be fixed? Please?
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: 2005 September 15, 11:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, not to be a nuisance but, Maxoid, could something be done about the staricases, please? How is it that only one sim at a time can use the staircase to ascend or descend to the next storey of the house, yet those connecting stairs (the ones that has to be placed on a foundation/deck surface and are adaptable to elevation heights) aren't affected? If that's a design feature, well then, I'm sorry but that's dumb Tongue. Before JMP's 'lesswhiny' hack, I had to listen to my sims throwing (lots and lotsa) tantrums because somebody's already on the stairs and they can't use it. Of course I could easily replace those staircases with connecting stairs but that's not the point. So, please, can this be fixed? Please?

My not so educated guess on why this happens, which probably is in the same neighborhood as why it happens but is still totally wild theory:

"Standard" stairs are a single object.  You are pretty much using the entire staircase when you use it.

"Connecting" stairs are one object per stair tile, meaning you're not using them all at once. 

At the very least, I'd like to see sims queue up and wait patiently to get up stairs if someone else is already on them.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2005 September 15, 12:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Standard" stairs are a single object. You are pretty much using the entire staircase when you use it.

If that's the case... well, still dumb Tongue. Also ridiculous and hilarious at the same time (especially if you imagine same sim scenario applying to real life, heehee, people'd be throwing tantrums at the top or landing of the stairwell till they peed and starved themselves to death Cheesy), 'cos this "single object" is kinda massive in size Grin. Still, would be very nice if fixed for allowing multiple sims to use it at the same time.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2005 September 15, 12:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found something in NL that's got to be fixed soon!   Twice I've had a Sim downtown who got stuck in a toilet in a small bathroom because some other Sim stopped in front of the door and just stood there twitching.   (As if she or he was starting to do something but kept getting stopped.)  Both times I had to bail out of the lot right into the neighborhood.   

Right now I'm really missing the Downtown Build/Buy hacks from Sims 1.....
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2005 September 15, 12:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lerf, you are right, this is a very bad thing if it's true. i'll test it out today later. But here, you can workaround:
* Just enable the moveobjects on cheat and then go into reward mode and move that sim from there.(updated: this doesn't work)
* if you have university you can also type boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false and the buy mode will be enabled.

About the staris: that can't be it. 'cause look at the sofas: they are still a single object but can be used by more than one sim at a time... but yes i agree that this should be lookied into.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 15, 13:21:33 by linolino » Logged
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2005 September 15, 12:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxoid, here some more stuff for you:

1 - This stair bug they've posted: The stairs object (not the connecting stairs) don't allow a sim to go down the stairs if another sim is already going down. the same with going up. (This does not affect a sim going down and an other going up)

2 - Interaction between sims while on bed, don't count toward their male/female preference. (make out/woo hoo..)
« Last Edit: 2005 September 15, 12:57:00 by linolino » Logged
tindril
« Reply #213 on: 2005 September 15, 12:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just wondering... Are sims supposed to get 15 memories of a family reunion, all with a smashing picture of a chair or window in them...? (If this has been anwswered before, I appologize...)
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2005 September 15, 13:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lerf, you are right, this is a very bad thing if it's true. i'll test it out today later. But here, you can workaround. Just enable the moveobjects on cheat and then go into reward mode and move that sim from there.
if you have university you can also type boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false and the buy mode will be enabled.

I haven't tried the bool prop cheat, but I will.
However the MoveObjects on cheat part doesn't work because the ability to move objects while in Reward/Inventory mode is disabled in Downtown.  That was the first thing I tired.

Thanks for the help!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2005 September 15, 13:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the maid getting stuck cleaning the fish tank?

I thought this was fixed in a base game patch.

Well, I have Nightlife and University and she's still at it.

Inteen for AL, yay!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2005 September 15, 13:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piano - as designed

Wait a second... Am I reading this incorrectly?  The Piano is SUPPOSED to stop being Fun after it's been on a lot for 24 hours?  So, I guess that professional pianists don't enjoy their work at all then, eh?

If I'm just being mentally retarded, let me know.  :-p  it wouldn't be the first time.

And I've been playing for 40 years.  I must be deeply depressed by now.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2005 September 15, 13:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just wondering... Are sims supposed to get 15 memories of a family reunion, all with a smashing picture of a chair or window in them...? (If this has been anwswered before, I appologize...)

I have no idea what's going on with the icons pictures, but family reunion is one of those obnoxiously spammy memories like Johnny got an A+ or Betty Sue made Dean's list etc that any given sim will likely have repeated so many times they take up half their memories. Apparently, every time a sim interacts with a relative that does not live on their same lot it's a "family reunion". If you ask me it would have made more sense to be able to throw a special family reunion party where you can only invite relatives. *shrug*

At any rate, I bugged Pescado to make a hack to not get those family reunion memories and AFAIK it still works.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2005 September 15, 13:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxoid, here some more stuff for you:

1 - This stair bug they've posted: The stairs object (not the connecting stairs) don't allow a sim to go down the stairs if another sim is already going down. the same with going up. (This does not affect a sim going down and an other going up)

And thinking about it, I don't think it's all the stairs that do this either.  In at least two of my homes, the sims will happily follow one another up and down the stairs at the same time, while in others they get annoyed and stand at the top and whine about not being able to get down.  I tend not to use the modular stairs as interior staircases in residential lots - I am talking, then, about variations in the stair case objects in both cases.

Inteen for AL, yay!
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2005 September 15, 14:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, i was going to say that I bypassed all the staur sillyness by putting elevators in my houses, but I suddenly realised that I dont know if the darn thing works with nightlife, which I am curently installing.. Good thing I took a full backup of my entire documents folders to make sure I have at least one chance of reversing the process without the fireball / nova effect.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2005 September 15, 14:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

elevator?

I have heard talk of elevators but have not found any. I have found teleport paintings, rugs and objects, plus doors that look kind of like elevator doors, but no actual elevator thingamabobs. Is this what you mean when you say elevator?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2005 September 15, 15:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this has been directly addressed yet, but does the sexual preference of the sim now work as it should with NL? Apparently, that setting didn't make much of a difference, before.

Also, I forgot to check this while I was playing last night, but will we actually be able to disable the music in buy/build mode, now? That wasn't/isn't functioning correctly in my game. 
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2005 September 15, 15:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll ask.  It might be a matter of sims clipping into each other or some other complication, but I'm not sure at this point.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2005 September 15, 16:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody mentioned the cooking skill bug yet? You know, the one where a sim with maxed cooking skill gets a chance card from work that gives them two more cooking skill points, then they go senile and forget how to cook?

This happened to me for the first time ever just a minute or two ago, and I immediately thought of this thread.
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2005 September 15, 16:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piano - as designed

Wait a second... Am I reading this incorrectly?  The Piano is SUPPOSED to stop being Fun after it's been on a lot for 24 hours?  So, I guess that professional pianists don't enjoy their work at all then, eh?

If I'm just being mentally retarded, let me know.  :-p  it wouldn't be the first time.

And I've been playing for 40 years.  I must be deeply depressed by now.

Depends how much is in your tip jar.  Grin

Actually, you could be one of my dormies - I made the mistake of buying a piano for one of my dorms. Flipping dormies sitting there plink plonking for 24 hours at a stretch (never getting any better) drove me nuts.

OK, time for what seems like Baddmark's unique bug:

Levitation causes the floor tile underneath to become unselectable and "blocked", much like a stuck kicky bag.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: