More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 12:47:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Disease Contagious? + Angry Employees
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disease Contagious? + Angry Employees  (Read 14429 times)
Bone Chewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Disease Contagious? + Angry Employees
« on: 2006 April 24, 03:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disease:

Does anyone feel/notice that sickness seems contagious? Everytime one sim gets sick nearly everyone else starts to get sick too!

I had a lot of sick sims then played another lot, seems like my sims will get sickeverytime the sick people visit, and i start seeing other visiting sims (playable but not currenlty controlled) coughing. After I quarenteened affected lots off in a room w/o doors and waited 'til they're better and play normal again everyone seems to be fine once more.

If there isn't one already (i looked through the hacks directories and googled the site, couldn't find any) is it possible for a mod to:
1) Make non-active sims immune to sickness.
2) Remove the spread of disease from one person to another.

----------
OFB Employees:

Is it possible for a mod to make sure Managers/Employees avoid severely fighting/irritating their enemies at all costs during work? I mean seriously, no matter how much you hate the person you just don't do anything while you're on the job.. at worst you'd give them bad/non-service, not poking and attacking. If they come to bug ya then just duck outta the way or something.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Disease Contagious? + Angry Employees
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 24, 03:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone feel/notice that sickness seems contagious? Everytime one sim gets sick nearly everyone else starts to get sick too!

In my game, Darren Dreamer is the Typhoid Mary of Pleasantview.  He is always hacking and coughing in the faces of other Sims; I don't play him so havent taken the time to cure him. 

So, I've had random bouts of the flu bug in my game but I always isolate the sick dude/dudette in a separate bedroom, make sure everyone else in the house washes their hands often, and if the biotech station happens to be available, make a few doses of medicine - although it certainly doesn't work very fast.  If you keep the sick Sim in bed sleeping, reading, or daydreaming, they get well after xx hours.

Your other Sims need to practice good hygiene.  Always pays to wash your hands often.   Smiley

Don't have any fighting managers/employees so can't help you there.  Why doesn't your owner intervene with a pep talk or reassignment?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 24, 03:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw something that does this either at MTS2 or at the insimenator site.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 24, 04:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Diseases spread, well, like the plague. If a sim contracts the plague, you have to isolate him until cured, and nobody can visit community lots until then, because otherwise he'll show up and spread the plague. Once TOWNIES contract the plague, your neighborhood is basically screwed, since the only real way to cure townies is to kill them, but if you've allowed the plague to get that far...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bone Chewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 24, 05:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya.. i figured this might be the case. Until today I figured if i always remember to not leave the lots with sick people I should be fine, but then i found out people can get sick from food or being in the hot tub too long and this time my sim got sick while I was having a full party......
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 24, 05:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the sickness from food is supposed to be contagious, but you can also get the plague from work, and if you don't notice it (message doesn't always appear), the plague may rapidly start spreading.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 24, 05:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, I know about food poisoning, but hot tub disease? Huh
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 24, 08:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a new one for me too.  Do they get yeast infections or something?  Tongue  They were probably already sick before they got in the hot tub.  I've had a sim die after woohooing several times in a row in the hot tub, but the actual cause of death was starvation.  Hunger takes a big hit during woohoo, and it must have fell below zero during woohoo so when they got out, they died.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 24, 08:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dying from sex. How sad!  Undecided
Rainbow is mean.

I had a preg sim dying once from hunger while the excited hubby is painting a picture of her big belly. That's the first death I got from food deprivation.

I think perhaps the sim is sick when getting into hot tub and spead it to the other hot-tubbers while in it? Just a random guess. I had sims who soak in that blasted thing for 3 sim days and she is not sick after that.

Go Away
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 24, 08:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the InSimenator, there is an option there to immunize youe sims, and no sim who is immunized will be sick. If you make a visitor selectable, you can immunize him too, and thus prevent sickness in the whole hood.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 24, 08:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In sims1 I had sims get sick from being in the hot tub outdoors, at night- pneumonia

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 24, 09:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not mean, I am actually very good to my sims.  I have very few deaths in my neighborhoods, mostly old-age related.  This particular sim was a professor at uni, and I had no idea how hungry he was until he said he was leaving.  My sim got out of the tub and went to go eat something, but he got stuck on the lot somehow and expired.  She wasn't all that upset though.  I think I was using TJ's casual romance, so she wasn't in love with him.  I was trying to see how fast I could get her grade up by just woohoo alone.  I decided it is not worth it, especially with College Rampage to take care of the dirty work for you.  I didn't mind the professor dying since I'm not really attached to them, but I was annoyed that the game spawned another useless professor in his place, as if we don't have enough professors already.  I think one professor per major is plenty, but that's another rabbit that has been beaten to death already.  Roll Eyes

BTW, the new version of the InSimenator has an option to cure just one sim, the whole household, or even the whole neighborhood.  Shaklin's medicine cabinet has medicine your sim can take to cure illness, and Danny's DMA Miscellaneous NPCs has a paramedic you can call to cure a sim who is ill.  It's kinda cool to see the ambulance come rushing up and the paramedic run to your sim with the medicine to drink.  Inge also made a No Disease patch, which is a global mod and disabled disease and morning sickness altogether, which I used for awhile. 
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 24, 09:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, what is college rampage?! Is that a mod which I need and am unaware of?  Cool

Ok fine. You are "very good" to your sims then since its a prof that died and I hate them too especially their horrible clothes.

Go Away
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 24, 09:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My BF knows about how fast a cold can spread into a hole neighobrhood.  I did warn him:  "don't leave that lot until all your Sims are heatly again" but he did not listen to me.. shame on him...  Tongue

True sometimes the game does not show a warning message but if one Sim is sick you will hear it coughing so pay attention... Also, if you are still not sure, by going back to neighborhood and reloading the lot you should get a message that a Sim is sick after a few minutes of play.

Sims that get food poisining cannot spead this disease.  No sims can get sick by staying in the hot tub to long.  There is always a random chance your Sim will come back from work sick.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 24, 10:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, sims who have food poisoning aren't contagious, but they will go around puking in everyone's toilet all over the neighborhood when they visit until you play them and cure them.  Roll Eyes  That right there is enough for me to go play their lot and get them well.  I think if you get sick at someone's house, you should try to clean it up, not leave the mess in the toilet for your host to deal with.  Tongue

Jysudo, "College Rampage" is a part of Pescado's Macrotastics.  It's awesome, of course.  Your sims will run around doing college stuff, such as writing term papers, doing assignments, and group research until their grade bar is full.  If they need skills, they will automatically do the appropriate skill-building activity.  They will eat, sleep, and use the bathroom as necessary.  It works best with JM's Bathroom Uses You, the Skillinator, sleep clock, and flamingos or gnomes for kicking, plus all other required objects such as computers and skill objects.  If your sim has all required skills, it takes about 24 sim hours to fill the grade meter.  Then you can have them goof off until the final, or have them take the final immediately using JM's College Timer Setting Thingy or TJ's College Adjuster and jump to the next semester.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 24, 10:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Rainbow for explaining all that. I appreciate it.

I tried some of his marcos but I still prefer running around mirco managing these stuff so I guess that's why I didn't know about this college rampage thingy. But I do use TJ's college adjuster to speed up the uni process. For some reasons, the uni process is a hell of a tiring task. My RL life experience is 100x more interesting than that (although I do 10x more homework than those sims...hell, don't remind me of the times I wrote my thesis. I lost 4-5 kg sleeping 4-5 hours everyday and forgetting to eat from all the stress overload).

Go Away
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 24, 13:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need better diseases, like ones which make them pee their pants all the time and die a slow, painful death. Sims deserve to suffer.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 24, 13:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

someone wants to resurrect vacation poopy pants?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 24, 14:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is always a random chance your Sim will come back from work sick.

I've seen a lot of that lately. Haven't had a sick sim in a long time, and then suddenly I had three different sims come home from work sick in the last week or so of playing, and they're not even in the same careers. Fortunately they all got well fast and didn't spread it, but sheesh!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 24, 14:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB Employees:

Is it possible for a mod to make sure Managers/Employees avoid severely fighting/irritating their enemies at all costs during work? I mean seriously, no matter how much you hate the person you just don't do anything while you're on the job.. at worst you'd give them bad/non-service, not poking and attacking. If they come to bug ya then just duck outta the way or something.

Already exists -- Squinge has a bunch of mods that prevent bad behaviour, either entirely or only while the business is open (i.e., owner on the lot).  Check his section over on insiminator.net.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 24, 15:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shaklin's medicine cabinet also has an "immunise" option, which I used in my severely plagued Pleasantview. It was impossible to cure any other way since about 100 sims were afflicted. I use the immunisation with all sims now as soon as they hit childhood.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 24, 23:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once TOWNIES contract the plague, your neighborhood is basically screwed, since the only real way to cure townies is to kill them, but if you've allowed the plague to get that far...

Can't you use debug to make a townie selectable and hold it hostage until it recuperates?

Now don't you all go groaning, here is a bit from my old TS2 prima guide on the contagious illnesses.  I've found this part to be quite accurate at least.

Cold - Symptoms = Coughing, Sneezing - Source = 1% chance of catching a cold anytime Sim goes to work or school. (It seems a higher chance to me?) - Contagious? = Highly - Potentially Fatal? = No, if left untreated becomes Pneumonia.
Flu - Symptoms = Coughing, Diarrhea - Source = Up to 5% chance if near roaches. - Contagious? = Highly - Potentially Fatal? = Yes
Pneumonia - Symptoms = Coughing, Fatigue - Source = Untreated Cold - Contagious? = Slightly - Potentially Fatal? = Yes
Food Poisoning - Symptoms = Vomiting, Nausea - Source = 5% chance when eating spoiled food - Non contagious but fatal if left untreated.
Virus - Symptoms = 2 random symptoms - Source = Mishandling of Virus created with Biotech Station with severity determined by Logic skill and manifested by darkness of the colour of the vial. - Contagious?= Highly - Potentially Fatal? = Yes.

I left out morning sickness because I think we all know how that one works.  I've also found the best way to cure my sims other than 3rd party downloads, is to make them sit or lie down all day.  Have them study from a book and take lots of bubble baths to keep comfort levels up, having them study books is also a good way to stop them wander around passing their germs onto other family members and visitors, though I tend to ban all visitors from a sick house. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 25, 04:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember there was supposed to be a random chance of getting sick from roaches, but in my experience, it seemed that it was closer to 100%. Sad
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 April 25, 22:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like 100% to me too Rainbow.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 April 26, 00:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reasons, the uni process is a hell of a tiring task.

I've played Uni when I'm bored with other aspects of the game but after installing OFB [see, I got it right this time - old dogs can learn new tricks!] I have a different outlook because my YAs can now play around building crafty things in their "spare" time.  That's how Chloe Avio got her gold robotics badge before she graduated.  Problem is, she wants to be a Hall of Famer. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: