More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 13:45:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Helicopter Couldn't Land
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Helicopter Couldn't Land  (Read 19909 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Helicopter Couldn't Land
« Reply #50 on: 2005 August 30, 01:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know about the "nowhatsthis" hack, but ZZ was talking about them hating dark rooms.  I thought she was referring to environment scores.  If I don't have lights, their environment scores go way down after dark, so I thought ZZ had a hack to prevent that.  That's one thing I forget to buy my sims because it's always daylight when I move them in, and then at 7 pm it gets dark and I say, Oh darn, I forgot we have to buy lights!
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 August 30, 01:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry. Was attempting helpfulness.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 August 30, 01:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Kitiara.  No problem. Smiley  Perhaps I misunderstood what ZZ was saying.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 August 30, 03:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when I move them in I don't always buy them many lights as there are usually more urgent requirements like beds and toilets.  If you don't have "no what's this" then any light you put in afterwards gets booed  (got worse after Uni, in the base game they did like one or two of the expensive ones), but the environment bar in their stats is the same whether you put in cheap lights or dear ones.

The flamingo I was meaning was Gnomon's flamingo of contentment, which stops their stats from falling too low, but also affect any visitors to the lot - they mostly don't go home for two days!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 August 30, 05:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must have his visitors stay late patch also. Smiley  I've noticed some of my visitors never go home with this patch also.  In fact, sometimes they fall asleep in the bathroom, and I have to use Merola's mirror to make them leave or use some other device.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 August 30, 08:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, no I don't!  The flamingo is all that's necessary if there's a hot tub to keep them clean!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 August 30, 14:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the flamingo for a while. Gave it up up simply because my lots were like grand central station. Visitors never wanted to go away. I guess they were too happy.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 August 30, 18:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too true!  But maybe you had the flamingo of happiness?  That, I find, is just a little too good, as all my overeating sims keep getting fat!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 August 31, 03:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it was the flamingo of contentment. The happiness one was too much like cheating for me. My theory (unproven of course, feel free to correct me), is that energy has something to do with leaving time for visitors, and with the flamingo they never reached the scram point. Could be very wrong.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 August 31, 05:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think it's a combination of energy and being ignored!  That's why the lone chess players never stick around for long!  The flamingo of happiness is occasionally very useful for a quick pick-me-up for pregnant sims, but I sell it again as soon as they're feeling better and go back to the flamingo of contentment.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2006 February 21, 01:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has just happened to me again, this time post-NL and post both patches.  Poor Trepie was the victim on this occasion.  He'd gone to bed pretty hungry, unable to tear himself away from his beloved Lilith as usual, and by the time he went to work his hunger bar was almost empty.  I assumed he'd be fed at work, but he got a chance card which gave him a nice bonus and an instant promotion to Business Tycoon.  When he came home, the stupid maid's van was in the way like in the previous example and the helicopter couldn't land.  This time when I deleted it, Trepie appeared on the lawn and immediately dropped down dead.  Luckily, Angela's fiance was able to successfully plead with the Reaper (Lilith was at work) and Trepie was none the worse for wear, but had no recollection of making it to Business Tycoon and no permanent plat, and his LTW was still the same.  Again, I sorted it in SimPE, but I am disappointed to see that this problem is still occurring after another expansion and two patches.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 February 21, 01:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient - FEED YOUR SIMS!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2006 February 21, 10:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zephyr, if my Sims choose to ignore the food in favour of yet another pillow fight with their beloveds, I am not gonna stop 'em - they know where the fridge is!  Trepie got into this state because rather than eat, he preferred to clean the shower while Lilith was having a bath, sit next to her reading a book while she was studying for a skillpoint, look through the telescope while she was using the punchbag, relax on the bed while she was sleeping in the other side of it ... you know the drill.  There was no way Lilith was ever going to eat so he could copy that because she'd eaten at work, so he was doomed to just following her around like a little lapdog.  He's totally and utterly besotted by her, he won't leave her alone.  And as he also fancies Angela, if Lilith's at work he spends the entire day following her around instead, which is what he'd done the previous day until Lilith got home.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 February 21, 14:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like Trepie needs a bit more get up and go!  My sims ALL know where the fridge is!  My problem is STOPPING them from cooking!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 February 21, 14:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like Trepie needs a bit more get up and go!  My sims ALL know where the fridge is!  My problem is STOPPING them from cooking!

Inge's no-autonomy fridge -- works like a charm. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 February 21, 14:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, I've used it in the past, but I have so many custom fridges now!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: