More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 07:10:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's so hot about Darren Dreamer?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's so hot about Darren Dreamer?  (Read 8132 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
What's so hot about Darren Dreamer?
« on: 2006 February 02, 05:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of a sudden, all my sims are fartin' hearts over him. Guys, girls, teens, children. Everyone. Please tell me it's not the hack that stops romance swooning.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: What's so hot about Darren Dreamer?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 02, 05:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come on, aren"t you attracted to the artistic types as well?

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 02, 06:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm more into businessmen. I've always had a bit of a crush on Bill Gates...
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 02, 06:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nerds are my thing.
Talk to me about quantum physics and I'm yours.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 02, 06:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well SOMEBODY thinks he's hot, then he/she told somebody, and before you knew it it was all over town!

It's like in school when you get told that 'Bobby Fisher is SOOOOOOOOO cute', and suddenly there's this fan club following him around and drooling.

Or something like that.

<insert witty comment here>
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 02, 06:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you read my MATY hood post?  Same is happening to Crammyboy in my hood... Many did not even met him though they have hearts showing when they talk about him, they also dream of him.  It seems like in every game it is someone different but seems normal.

It is a Sim mystery.

Quantum... hum... I only know Quantum hard disk which do not exist anymore.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 02, 06:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darren is really popular in my Pleasantview too. I didn't understand it either, but there may be something to the hot-starving-artist-being-attractive  idea. In my MATY hood Crammyboy is on everyone's mind. JM even wants him!  Kiss

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 02, 06:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of a sudden, all my sims are fartin' hearts over him. Guys, girls, teens, children. Everyone. Please tell me it's not the hack that stops romance swooning.

Nothing, except he is a lazy, worth for nothing sim, unemployed, dreaming for money and doesn't look even for a job, depending on to get married to a rich sim like Cassie, and live on her money.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 02, 06:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its caused from a "atracted to (insert Name)" Memory. Tey gossip and voila all sims have now the same memory its a bad programming from Maxis. Only one Sim can make a whole Neighbourhood swooning over another Sim. They must not met him. Its only a Memory shared. 
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 02, 07:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its caused from a "atracted to (insert Name)" Memory. Tey gossip and voila all sims have now the same memory its a bad programming from Maxis. Only one Sim can make a whole Neighbourhood swooning over another Sim. They must not met him. Its only a Memory shared. 
That explains it. The six year old little boy all starry eyed over him now never met him, though he has probably looked out the window and seen him kicking over the trashcan, what with the little boy being Cassandra's nephew and Darren all pissed over her hooking up with Mr.Big.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 02, 13:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. Really? How crappity. Can someone moreawesome than us please fix this? *cough*cough*hint*hint* Tongue

Just becuase someone else is attracted to them and they tell you this, shouldn't force You to be attracted to that person as well. Wtf? Do all of you have the romancemod? I guess it doesn't stop this? Stupid blinvisible memories. Bleh!  Angry

Ste

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 02, 13:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just becuase someone else is attracted to them and they tell you this, shouldn't force You to be attracted to that person as well.

Ste

They're not, as I understand it.  I think it's a memory of someone else's attraction, acquired through gossip/talking.  They're not thinking about their own attraction to that sim, they're thinking about someone else's attraction to that sim.  (This is my opinion, based on seeing younger sims in my game have thought bubbles + hearts about older sims they can't possibly be attracted to due to age restrictions)

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 02, 13:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right Kyna, I had that happen in my game too.  If you pay close attention they aren't swooning over him but talking about him. I think anyway, now it's hard to remember.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 02, 14:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right Kyna, I had that happen in my game too.  If you pay close attention they aren't swooning over him but talking about him. I think anyway, now it's hard to remember.

Ahh... thanks for clarificating that up. I don't play the game as often, so a lot of things surprise me when I hear about 'em. Tongue Since so many buggy and/or weird things happen, I'm quick to jump on the bandwagon, because it's not hard at all to believe that something else is buggy, or just plain wrong even if it is by design. Roll Eyes

So really, it's just the memory/thought bubble emitter that seems wiggy. It is just very strange and crappity. I absolutely hate, nay that isn't a strong enough word, I abhor, loathe, and despise the way it makes committed couples have thought bubbles of Other sims. I mean true, it can happen in real life. But it just really unnerves me, especially when say a couple just had woohoo, but then the hubby gets the fluttery hearts for another sim that he has two bolts for but has never really interacted with (their relationship is down to 0). Shouldn't the fact that he is "in love" with his wife, over power any zodiac or aspiration incompatibility? Bleh. Tongue

I wonder how Maxis came up with the zodiac compatibility scheme in the first place. Is it designed to match up complimentary personalities... or is it loosely based on some supposably "realistic" compatibility scheme for the western astrology? I enjoy reading horoscopes and all, but I don't totally believe in them. They're fun and generic enough to see how they can fit your life. But I personally don't think that zodiac signs really determine your love life. And at least within the confines of this game, your zodiac sign doesn't determine your personality, rather your personality determines your zodiac sign. Tongue

Ste

Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 02, 14:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how Maxis came up with the zodiac compatibility scheme in the first place. Is it designed to match up complimentary personalities... or is it loosely based on some supposably "realistic" compatibility scheme for the western astrology? I enjoy reading horoscopes and all, but I don't totally believe in them. They're fun and generic enough to see how they can fit your life. But I personally don't think that zodiac signs really determine your love life. And at least within the confines of this game, your zodiac sign doesn't determine your personality, rather your personality determines your zodiac sign. Tongue

I think you're right there - and that the point of the zodiac signs is simply so that personalities have one header (aries, taurus, etc.) rather than five. It's all rather pointless, but that's Maxis. Oh, and horoscopes are generally stupid because sun sign astrology - determining your personality based on your sun being in one sign of the zodiac rather than all planets in their sign, degree, house and aspecting other planets - is not astrology. I laugh my way through them in the Sunday paper for their total genericness and inaccuracy with what's actually going on up there.  Cheesy  And, no, as far as I can tell from a chart I have of Sim-based zodiacal attraction, it has no relationship to astrological attraction, which is pretty limited when you remove the Ascendant, Venus, Mars and the Moon anyway. There should be much more opposition and square attraction (opposite signs - aries to libra, aries to cancer, etc.; and planetary signs - taurus and libra, aries and scorpio). If I could mod I'd mod the attraction system that way!

« Last Edit: 2006 February 02, 14:55:44 by Kukes » Logged
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 02, 15:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who thinks the phrase "fartin' hearts" is hysterical? Maybe it should be shortened to "fhearting" for the internet lingo?
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 02, 15:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So really, it's just the memory/thought bubble emitter that seems wiggy. It is just very strange and crappity. I absolutely hate, nay that isn't a strong enough word, I abhor, loathe, and despise the way it makes committed couples have thought bubbles of Other sims. I mean true, it can happen in real life. But it just really unnerves me, especially when say a couple just had woohoo, but then the hubby gets the fluttery hearts for another sim that he has two bolts for but has never really interacted with (their relationship is down to 0). Shouldn't the fact that he is "in love" with his wife, over power any zodiac or aspiration incompatibility? Bleh.  

Oh, I hear what you're saying.  I become livid when I have half of a three-bolt couple on a lot and s/he swoon over and whistle at some stranger.  I can understand a passing thought, but not the letchy behaviour.

This thread has clarified why I always see Maureen Taylor on community lots with her her own face and a stream of hearts above her head.  She's talking to other people about how attractive she is.  How utterly charming.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 02, 15:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darren isn't the dream boat in my town-- it is Jennifer,Nysslit,Castor,and Jon Smith.  But Darren was funny, He was playing chess with his wife(Darleen)and her gave her the complete list of all the girls that he was attracted to.  They had been married for only a day.  I guess he felt a need to fess up?? Now Darleen goes around telling other sims about the females that her husband is attracted to--how embarassing.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 02, 16:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it just really unnerves me, especially when say a couple just had woohoo, but then the hubby gets the fluttery hearts for another sim that he has two bolts for but has never really interacted with (their relationship is down to 0).

Maybe he was fantasizing about that "sexy" sims during the woohoo, as this occured to you ? Smiley

I become livid when I have half of a three-bolt couple on a lot and s/he swoon over and whistle at some stranger.  I can understand a passing thought, but not the letchy behaviour.
Actually

Actually that can be useful.  I have a committed family couple.  However I was disappointed in the offspring they produced.  So now I am trying to devise a way for her to get pregnant with someone else.  When the neighbors came a-knocking I discovered she had 3 bolts for one of them.  Simultaneously, the husband wants to be best friend with him.  So....the perfect scenario has presented itself.  She is irresistibly attracted to her husband best friend and they will end up having an affair. 

That was hilarious Process Denied.  You gotta love the sims Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: