More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 23:31:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Try for Baby on Community Lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Try for Baby on Community Lots  (Read 4302 times)
FinkTheFuzzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Try for Baby on Community Lots
« on: 2006 January 30, 17:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prior to Nightlife, it was possible to take my male sims to community lots and have them initiate "Try for Baby." This is no longer possible - I figure it must have been an oversight that was corrected with NL. I'm wondering if there are any hacks that would again enable this ? Or has it been fixed for a specific reason of which I am unaware?

I've put off asking about this since Nightlife was released, but I've been searching and haven't found any mention of (and thus no solution to) this. So far nothing I've tried has worked.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Try for Baby on Community Lots
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 30, 17:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Male sims can try for babies on community lots only if the female is a controllable sim. You can never try for babies as a male sim when the female is a visitor no matter where you are, since this tends to cause state consistency issues.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 30, 17:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could take a look at Twojeffs hacks, maybe you will find something interesting, though I doubt he have something doing exactly what you are looking for.

Just so you know... male were never able to iniate a "try for baby" on a female Sim if the female Sim was not controllable when he attempt it.  This apply both on community lot and at home if the female Sim is just visiting the lot.  If the female live in the same house as the male then the male can initiate the "try for baby" since the female in that house is controllable too.
FinkTheFuzzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 30, 19:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Male sims who I controlled had been able to initiate Try for Baby in the changing booths on my Pleasantview Community lot, although never in their own homes. I've played a sim of mine for some time up until NL, inviting female sims (who I did not control) out and trying for baby. I knew at the time it probably shouldn't have been possible, but it was. I'd done it this way for a "story" of sorts. None of the female sims that he impregnated lived with him and it wasn't them I was playing. Perhaps there was something else I'd done and I'm mistaken. I'll reinstall The Sims 2 base game elsewhere and check.

Thanks.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 30, 19:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daniel Pleasant got Kaylynn preggers in a clothing booth in my game, but I had to make her selectable to get the option, otherwise it wasn't there.  I don't know if it's ever been any different because I hardly ever bother trying for babies on community lots.  Brandi Broke & Hegelian tried for one of their own accord recently on one, stuck on the pavement in broad daylight in a woo-hoo bed.  That resulted in a pregnancy, too.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 30, 19:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FinkTheFuzzy, did you happen to have JMs phonehack? 

I know I remember having try for baby come up for males with the changing booth ages ago but I'm pretty sure I had JMs phonehack (which made any invited sim controlable)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 30, 19:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "making invited sim controllable" feature was a response to an older bug in the phone code which caused an invited sim to be set type "resident", but not controllable, with the result that the sim would be trapped on the lot and simply stand there and die slowly unless you prodded it around. People with free will on wouldn't notice this quite as dramatically, but the invited sim would still be trapped because it wasn't allowed to leave, and the interaction set for free will on is still restricted compared to visitors. And thus eventually collapse in a pool of its own piss.

Nightlife seems to have stopped this behavior so sims invited are now classified as "visitors", and thus they no longer get set selectable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
FinkTheFuzzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 30, 20:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat -

Didn't have any hacks at the time, I don't believe. This was quite some time ago...

I did have the Jump Bug fix, although that's probably unrelated.

I honestly don't know what the deal was. It was a fun little tidbit I happened to find, but I'm alright with it gone. Actually, given all the issues I've had with that particular sim and his family since then, it's probably for the best that it's gone. Ah well...
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 31, 12:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This also happened to me with the base game. When I first got the game, I made a family of husband, wife and husband's brother. I then left them in their house and never played them. About three months later I remembered them and went inside, to find the wife was pregnant to a romance sim I'd had woohooing the ladies of Pleasantview. A few days before going back to the wife's family, 'Try for Baby' had popped up on the downtown clothing booth while she and the romance sim were there and I'd clicked it. I never heard the lullaby, however.

Maybe it was an original glitch, since I've never had it happen since Uni. But it was impossible for her to have been selectable at that time as I'd never played her past the first day I installed the base game, and the romance sim had been created only a month before the pregnancy.

At the time, the only hack I had was the jump bug fix as well, since that was the first hack I ever downloaded for Sims 2.

« Last Edit: 2006 January 31, 12:50:30 by Kukes » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 31, 14:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it was an original glitch, since I've never had it happen since Uni. But it was impossible for her to have been selectable at that time as I'd never played her past the first day I installed the base game, and the romance sim had been created only a month before the pregnancy.
This glitch comes from the visitor type/selectableness bug that was originally in earlier versions of TS2: People invited to go to a community lot would show up as quasi-residents, with no visitor AI. This would be rarely noticed by the woohoo-and-run crowd, but the fact that the invited sim was treated as a quasi-resident resulted in "Try For Baby" being available.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: