More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 09:24:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Something I've installed has brought cheering back
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Something I've installed has brought cheering back  (Read 11029 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Something I've installed has brought cheering back
« on: 2005 December 13, 02:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently went downloading crazy with some mods and one of them has appeared to make it so my sims cheer about their damned A+ everytime they get off the bus.  Seems odd that a behavior erradicated by the game itself with NL could now make a reappearance by a mod..but okay.

Kind of hoping that someone else experienced this and figured out what it was but doubtful..I'll probably have to go weeding through things again.

Some of the stuff I downloaded was no officially NL approved but "will probably work" so that could be it

Things I put in right before the problem started:

cboy portal delete fix 2
cboy portal monitor
firemod
lizzlove's no privacy
marriage- traditional
no college obsession
no cry babies
teleporter shrub plus
daily gardener
auto yak
money order

I believe the last two are unofficial for NL

Any guesses anyone?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Something I've installed has brought cheering back
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 13, 02:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try to move out "nocrybabies".  Seems suspicious. I have most of the rest, "nocheering" works fine.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 13, 04:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually nocrybabies is officially NL compat according to the Hack Descriptions thread

nocrybabies.zip - Officially Nightlife Compatible
   Sims who are not nice will not cry from being teased by another sim.  The only sims
   who will cry are "nice" sims

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 13, 05:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all those in my game apart from daily gardener, no privacy and no cry babies.  I know the daily gardener was causing a lot of problems and as far as I know it's not been updated.   Can't see how it would affect the cheering, but you never know.  I only get it the first time in my game and I have almost 200 mods in my downloads folder.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 13, 06:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use "daily gardener", together with "nocheeringhack" - no problems.

Don't have "noprivacy".
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 13, 07:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmmm....

I'll take out the privacy one first.  It's supposed to be NL compatiable (that is if I read right heh) but you never know...I'll try the other ones mentioned if that one doesn't do it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 13, 13:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the following in my game and I just get the first cheer when they get A+ as the game intended.

cboy portal delete fix 2
cboy portal monitor
daily gardener
auto yak
money order

Autoyak and money order both work perfectly, as does the daily gardener.  If you have problems with that, it's because you already had a gardener - you need to end the services of that one and rehire.

Zephyr Zodiac
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 13, 18:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read (not always reliable source) that some of the bugs fixed in the NL patch were broken again with the Holiday pack. Have you got that? Can anyone confirm or refute?

My game works fine; I use all of those hacks in a Uni/NL game(no Holiday pack) with three exceptions--Lizzlove's no privacy, marriage- traditional, no college obsession.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 18, 12:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no holiday pack

I finally got around to taking some things out and I still haven't figured out what it is.

It wasn't Lizzlove's No Privacy hack.

Which means it came from this site  ..(I'm pretty sure the teleporter shrub wouldn't cause that..plus lotsa people have that and have never had an issue with it).....that or my game has just gone wacko.  I haven't felt like messing with it so I've just been dealing with it.

Although, I've also encountered a problem when calling the matchmaker.  Her dialogue comes up blank...but since I know what she says I am able to choose which option I want.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 18, 12:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you keep your hacks in folders according to creator?  If so, I'd take out one of those each time you load your game until you find the folder with the culprit, then put all the others back, and one file at a time from the folder with the problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 18, 14:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although, I've also encountered a problem when calling the matchmaker.  Her dialogue comes up blank...but since I know what she says I am able to choose which option I want.

Possibly autoyak? Since that's on your list of recent hacks and this other problem is to do with the phone.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 18, 18:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

quote author=Kukes link=topic=2287.msg66208#msg66208 date=1134916748]

Possibly autoyak? Since that's on your list of recent hacks and this other problem is to do with the phone.
[/quote]

Autoyak works fine in my game.  Maybe an older version of the Phone Hack?[

Zephyr Zodiac
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 18, 19:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An older version of the Daily Gardner hack messed up the MatchMaker's phone dialogue.  I think there's a fresh and shiny NightLife version available, though.

---
Torkle
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 18, 20:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to butt in on your nice thread but I wanted to ask what I think (hope) is a related question.  I have recently noticed that all the adults in my game have started doing that 'Hey, it's ME (y'know, the person that lives here), yay, I've arrived home, isn't that fantastic and aren't I great?' thing when they get back from work.  (Clue = No).  I remember that from some time back but they'd stopped doing it until recently.  Did I accidentally delete a hack when I installed Nightlife or is there some other reason for this?  Is it possible that no-one has actually made a hack to prevent this teeth-grindingly annoying behaviour?  Or have I just missed it?  And where is a Maxoid when you want to kick one?

If this isn't a hack issue and I have been somehow blissfully and mystically protected from it until now, do you think I could persuade someone to make one to stop this assault on my sanity?

Thanks for any input (and especially a link to a relevent hack).

Inteen for AL, yay!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 18, 21:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for any input (and especially a link to a relevent hack).

Try Dizzy2's "Bring Food From Work" hack. It says it kills the arm-waving and singing, though I don't know if that's for always or only when they bring home food. If it works for always, you can just set the chance of bringing home food to something like 1% so you'll never see it. http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1998

BTW, it's only Family sims who do this, so maybe you just haven't had any working Family sims?

Fail.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 19, 00:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally if you queue something else and delete the at work icon from their queue, they won't do it.  Of course, you could always change their aspiration!

Zephyr Zodiac
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 19, 10:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Sara MK and ZZ.  I'll have a try at both those things.  That hack for bringing home food looks excellent.  I'm surprised I haven't spotted it before.  Thanks for the link.

Maybe it is because I haven't had too many family sims work.  The problem with changing their aspirations is that it is one of only two aspirations I actually like (though they can forget about the have 10 kids wish - in your dreams sunshine).  My favourite aspiration is knowledge (like me, I suppose) but if I want a sim who isn't a rabid intellectual, family is the only real option.  I dislike popularity (too much effort and who really cares THAT much about having friends and being well thought of); pleasure (what a waste of time) and fortune (used for only my money-obsessed sims - mind you, at least they are easy to keep happy).  I dislike Romance too but have a few because I like the chaos they bring to my game.  I can only have a few at a time though because I can't cope with more.  I'd really like a creative aspiration and, I dunno, perhaps some more that are less about the self.  I know the world is driven by ego for the most part but not everyone is like that and it gets a bit wearing sometimes.

Inteen for AL, yay!
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 19, 10:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dislike Romance too but have a few because I like the chaos they bring to my game.  I can only have a few at a time though because I can't cope with more.

The more Romance sims you have, the easier it is to keep them happy. They can just woohoo with each other, and not disrupt your other families. I didn't like Romance sims much either until I figured that out. Now I don't mind them at all.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 19, 10:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more Romance sims you have, the easier it is to keep them happy. They can just woohoo with each other, and not disrupt your other families. I didn't like Romance sims much either until I figured that out. Now I don't mind them at all.

Ha ha - I think you've misunderstood me.  I like having them precisely because of the trouble they cause but it's a lot of work keeping up with them.  I don't like them though.

Inteen for AL, yay!
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 19, 10:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sort of see what you mean now, although I have to tilt my head and squint my eyes in order to get it.  Wink

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 19, 10:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sort of see what you mean now, although I have to tilt my head and squint my eyes in order to get it.  Wink

I wonder if it is because I play the game to tell stories.  It occurred to me recently that many people play the game as a game.  In that they play as though there's an objective and difficulties to overcome and avoid.  It would explain (to me) why so many people use to hacks to 'cheat' - to keep motives up or give extra money or whatever.  I say I thought about it recently because I would simply never have dreamed about using the game in that way.  I tell stories, so all the 'bad' stuff for me is grist to the mill - it feeds into my plots and so I don't seek to avoid it.  I think it's the for the same sort of reason that I don't use self-sims as so many people do - in fact, I'd find that a bit creepy if I was honest.  Agatha Christie once said that she couldn't tell stories about people she knew - only people she imagined - because the personalities of real people got in the way of the story.

Inteen for AL, yay!
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 19, 11:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you keep your hacks in folders according to creator?  If so, I'd take out one of those each time you load your game until you find the folder with the culprit, then put all the others back, and one file at a time from the folder with the problem.

Well not by creator, but I keep the newest hacks in a special folder until I'm sure they're going to work or that I am 100% sure that I want them before I move them to my "official" hacks folder.

I'm going to restart my game now and am taking out some more so hopefully I'll have this figured out.  The cheering is annoying but I  *could* deal with it, but at the same time the curiousity is killing me wanting to know what's causing it...hack or if it's just my game going nuts lol
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 19, 11:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it is because I play the game to tell stories.  It occurred to me recently that many people play the game as a game.  In that they play as though there's an objective and difficulties to overcome and avoid.  It would explain (to me) why so many people use to hacks to 'cheat' - to keep motives up or give extra money or whatever.  I say I thought about it recently because I would simply never have dreamed about using the game in that way.  I tell stories, so all the 'bad' stuff for me is grist to the mill - it feeds into my plots and so I don't seek to avoid it.  I think it's the for the same sort of reason that I don't use self-sims as so many people do - in fact, I'd find that a bit creepy if I was honest.  Agatha Christie once said that she couldn't tell stories about people she knew - only people she imagined - because the personalities of real people got in the way of the story.

That could be it. I don't play the game to tell stories, I just kind of ... play. I have certain things I'm trying to do with my sims, but mostly they just kind of go along. The only main goals I have are "Find mate. Have child. Provide for child." Repeat for each generation. It's like real life, really. I always wish I could play to tell stories, but it's one of those things that I just can't do without getting enormously bored, which is funny, because I spend a lot of time coming up with stories and writing the best ones down.

- WC Fields
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 19, 12:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dislike Romance too but have a few because I like the chaos they bring to my game.  I can only have a few at a time though because I can't cope with more.

I have lots of romance Sims either married or joined, and as long as they have a career aspiratiion, keeping them happy is not a problem!  They make great parents, once they've got over the initial shock, and can spin just as many child-related wants as any, depending on their personality.  I've had Knowledge sims completely ignore the child-related wants to spin more and more knowledge wants, but fulfil these and they'll get as many romance wants as a Romance sim!

Zephyr Zodiac
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 19, 15:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That could be it. I don't play the game to tell stories, I just kind of ... play. I have certain things I'm trying to do with my sims, but mostly they just kind of go along. The only main goals I have are "Find mate. Have child. Provide for child." Repeat for each generation. It's like real life, really. I always wish I could play to tell stories, but it's one of those things that I just can't do without getting enormously bored, which is funny, because I spend a lot of time coming up with stories and writing the best ones down.

Eeek...how do you play w/o stories lol
Come on..I'm sure you have little stories for your sims..at least stored in your head Wink

Most of mine are just stored in my head..amazing the amount of useless junk you can store in there and then forget the stuff you NEED to remember
Maybe I should start writing mine down and sharing them..at least then it would seem useful lol

Anyways I finally fixed the damned problem!

It was either autoyak, daily gardener or money order.

My guess is autoyak since  I had problems with the phone concerning the matchmaker.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: