More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 05:00:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Handicapped Sim?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Handicapped Sim?  (Read 4551 times)
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
Handicapped Sim?
« on: 2006 April 25, 12:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is something I've never had happen before, and I've searched around for the answer, but can't find that anyone else has had it happen either.  I'm playing a Legacy family, and oldest son of the 2nd generation is -- "handicapped".  He can't walk on any slopes.  When he transitioned to a child, I noticed that he missed school, but I didn't know why. The next day was the same. He started to go to the bus, but he couldn't cross the arched bridge.  I had to move him with moveobjects on back and forth across the bridge every day to get him to school and back.  No other sim had a problem with the bridge, as I had a thriving home business with sims on the bridge all day long.  I finally had to flatten the bridge completely for him before he could use it.  He can't go into the walk-in basement, either.  There are a few other areas on the lot that are slightly sloped, and he will get stuck there too.  He won't go around the other way unless I direct him around manually.  He's a teen now, and he still has the same problems.   Huh

Has anyone else seen this happen?  I thought it was an interesting problem, at least.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Handicapped Sim?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 25, 13:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I have experienced, the simulator doesn't "like" slopes. I remember that in TS1, the repair man didn't come to the Goth's house, who lived on a hill.

May be it's a hint for you from the simulator to flat the house's area?  Wink
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 25, 16:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting.  Does he have problems going up and down stairs?
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 25, 17:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He has no problem with stairs, just slopes.  He won't go over any slope at all that I can tell.  Even though he's the firstborn in my Legacy, he won't be heir.  I can't stand dealing with him.  I had to flatten my pretty arched bridge.  I guess when he moves out, his family can keep in touch by phone, or visit him out at the curb, because I will have my arched bridge back. Wink

Bone Chewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 25, 19:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're implying that all yourother sims do not have problem with these slopes? I can't say I've seen slopes where some sims don't like and others do.. they're all very universal for me.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 25, 19:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're implying that all yourother sims do not have problem with these slopes? I can't say I've seen slopes where some sims don't like and others do.. they're all very universal for me.

Yes, exactly.  The other sims have no problem.  This sim sim would have a problem with a 1-click slope.  If it isn't completely flat, he waves his arm around in the air.  He won't find an alternative route when one is available -- unless directed.

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 25, 19:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does he by any chance have zero active points?  Roll Eyes Wink

IDEA: Make him a vamp and have him FLY over!!

INTJ
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 25, 19:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you saying that incredibly lazy Sims won't even walk slightly uphill if they can avoid it?  Wow.  I never would have thought of that.

Karen

twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 26, 01:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, he has 6 active points, so it isn't laziness.  I wonder if sending him off the lot would fix it?  I may go ahead and send him to college earlier than I had planned to see if it works.  His mother (former social worker) couldn't get in the carpool, so I moved her out and back in, which fixed that problem.  I didn't try it with him yet, since he's leaving for college soon anyway.

IDEA: Make him a vamp and have him FLY over!!

You know, I may just do that if he continues to have problems. Wink  I still won't use him as the heir, but he already adds an interesting twist to the story. 

twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 27, 07:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update:  I sent him to college, built him a ramp to test him -- and he can now walk on slopes.  I also had him visit home, and he is now able to walk on the arched bridge, etc.  I guess moving him cleared up the problem.   Smiley

I have no idea what caused this, but in case someone else has the same problem maybe this info will help.

Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 28, 21:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...]
I have no idea what caused this, but in case someone else has the same problem maybe this info will help.

The Social Worker which had him probably had bad data which transfered over to him, but it was corrected when you moved him off the lot.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: