More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 21:04:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Ultimate Sims Wedding
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Ultimate Sims Wedding  (Read 9329 times)
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
The Ultimate Sims Wedding
« on: 2005 November 24, 16:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A batch of my third generation Sims are getting ready to be married and I find I'm putting it off because I'm no longer content to do a standard Maxis wedding.

When I first got the game, I was happy enough to have Daniel & Kaylynn spin around on the sidewalk and get married....standard arch weddings were a step up, yada yada.  Now, I think I'm getting Mother of the Bride syndrome where I "know" these 3rd gen kids so well, nothing but the best will do.

*checks wedding planner list*

I've got TJ's hack to get rid of the maxis wedding wear.  I've got a batch of nice dresses, accessories, hairdos from Pronup Sims..enough to have bridesmaids, and even flower girls if I want.

I want better food  Angry , but I guess the gacky old buffet table will have to do unless somebody has a better idea.

I think Kaylynn is going to take her daughter Penelope shopping downtown, with a family group, to try on all of the wedding dresses so Penelope can have the wedding Kaylynn never had.

What do you do to throw an Ultimate Sims Wedding?  (for the record, I've been married twice in my lifetime and didn't make as big a deal about that as I am apparently about to make for my pixilated children. )

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Sims Wedding
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 24, 17:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I add TJs static energy sculpture to the home lot to stop them all falling asleep by 3PM, firstly. Get everybody washed up and fed in the morning, phone a taxi to take them to church. Get them all changed into their formal gear (using TJs' no maxis-default wedding gear hack, of course), pack them into the taxi.

Off they go to church, make somebody give a speech with the teleprompter, have somebody else play the "organ" (piano) for a bit, send them outside to the scenic garden bit. Start off some toasts and so on. Then it's time for the Big Moment! They do their stuff at the arch, everybody sits and watches (except for the stupid townies still loitering with the toasting set and piano), then they go off to the function room, where there's eventhorizon's community buffet (MTS2) table and a wedding cake waiting for them. Nobody cares about the cake-cutting like they do IRL, but I have the bride and groom do it all the same. Obviously the nasty greedy townies fall over themselves to get to the cake once it's cut.

Now we've got the slow dance interaction with NL, there'll be a point to having a bigger function room with a dancefloor, where they can dance the whole night away (and not need to worry about passing about because of TJ's nifty running man!). Then once I've taken about a hundred different pictures, I send them off home.

Some pictures of the wedding of Lucy Burb and Meadow Thayer (I always seem to end up with lesbian couples, I've no idea why  Huh )

Anyway, John Burb mincing about Lucy's lovely dress: johndress.jpg
Don Lothario and Dina Caliente feeling the bite of being nearly middle-aged and not settled down yet? dondina.jpg
Hooray for Lucy! Isn't she smashing? Nobody raised a single toast to Meadow, and I don't know why: hurrah.jpg
Cutting the cake in the church: cakecut.jpg
At a completely different wedding, Dustin Broke pee'd himself. Should have remembered to add a loo when I built the venue, oops: /dustinpee.jpg
« Last Edit: 2007 January 14, 23:31:20 by vector » Logged
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 24, 17:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Girl, I have got entire wedding albums for my sims! I love sim weddings, and spend almost as much time on them as I did at my own wedding! Too many pics to put up, but they are at my forum, if you're interested.

http://p104.ezboard.com/bjoesplace 
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 24, 17:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vector, I just read your post and looked at your weddings.

*drooooools*

Omigod, I am so not doing RL laundry this holiday weekend.

Brynne, I'm just about to go thru yours.

* anticipates droooooool *

I suppose I need to get the family ready to go a friend's house for Thanksgiving (ETD - 1 hour), but they are all boys and we're talking taffeta at a Sims wedding, you know?

I need a wedding community lot.  The yard next to the pool and the career rewards that won't fit in the house will no longer do.

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 24, 17:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody at MTS2 made a hack that lets you throw a party on a community lot. I've never used it, since I like to dictate when the wedding starts *and* ends, and don't have much truck with the timed scenario thingy that goes with it. I'm not sure how it handles the honeymoon limo, but it might be an interesting addition to the comm. lot stuff.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 24, 17:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me know if you have a different user name so I know whose membership I'm approving!
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 24, 17:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody at MTS2 made a hack that lets you throw a party on a community lot. I've never used it, since I like to dictate when the wedding starts *and* ends, and don't have much truck with the timed scenario thingy that goes with it. I'm not sure how it handles the honeymoon limo, but it might be an interesting addition to the comm. lot stuff.

Thanks.  Smiley

Personally, I don't like timed and scored events in the Sims.  Even with my semi crappy lawn weddings, I almost never "throw" a wedding party. Control freak, I'll give up the limo if I get to dictate who and when and how long.

Inge's shrub is the single handiest control freak event tool around. You don't get a choice to decline becuase vee haf vays of making you show up.

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 24, 18:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me know if you have a different user name so I know whose membership I'm approving!

Grin.  I'll really have to do this after turkey....I can't remember what my old ezboard ID was, been a while.

You'll see a windy_moon something, with a bunch of numbers after it, I'm sure.

My husband hates the Sims enuf already.  If I make us late for Thanksgiving over Sims weddings, he might sell the computer.  Shocked

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 24, 18:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, then. I have some cooking to do, myself. Going to Grandma's and the family is already getting drunk without me. I'll be checking later on, though!
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 24, 18:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, then. I have some cooking to do, myself. Going to Grandma's and the family is already getting drunk without me. I'll be checking later on, though!

LOL! 

I avoided the family this year. Everybody was supposed to come to my house, and my friend and her family rescued us.  "Sorry, we have another invitation".  I would have been drinking on Monday if I were doing Thanksgiving this year. 

Happy cooking..... 

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 24, 19:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll show you mine when LJ Scrapbook has stopped being broken Sad. Been waiting since Friday...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 25, 00:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oookay...this is weird. I just went to my Sims' storytelling folder, to pick up a few screens from my sim wedding a while ago. The pics were still there the last time I looked in this folder. But now they've gone poof! Gone! No more pictures!!!

Edit: Bah! Stupid...Looked in the wrong Storytelling folder. Silly me. Tongue

I did the whole shebang...Morty's daughter and Joe McCarthy the townie got married on a cliff overlooking the sea, and threw a outdoor party on the beach at night, w/ a bonfire going and candles galore. The bride had on a minimalist gown w/ a long train, and a white orchid in her hair. That was my biggest wedding to date!  Please, please tell me the pictures are not gone for good....

Wedding on the Cliff

The Kiss

The Happy Couple Dancing

Honeymoon
« Last Edit: 2005 November 25, 00:42:57 by idtaminger » Logged
Jewel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 25, 00:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oookay...this is weird. I just went to my Sims' storytelling folder, to pick up a few screens from my sim wedding a while ago. The pics were still there the last time I looked in this folder. But now they've gone poof! Gone! No more pictures!!!

Edit: Bah! Stupid...Looked in the wrong Storytelling folder. Silly me. Tongue

I did the whole shebang...Morty's daughter and Joe McCarthy the townie got married on a cliff overlooking the sea, and threw a outdoor party on the beach at night, w/ a bonfire going and candles galore. The bride had on a minimalist gown w/ a long train, and a white orchid in her hair. That was my biggest wedding to date!  Please, please tell me the pictures are not gone for good....

These are awesome pictures!  I love the wedding on the beach, what a great idea!

Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 25, 03:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  Shocked I'm glad those pictures weren't deleted, they're fantastic! Heh, and is the girl's mother Dina? She looks exactly like Anastasia and Zara Goth (who recently passed away...) in my game.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 25, 04:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  Shocked I'm glad those pictures weren't deleted, they're fantastic! Heh, and is the girl's mother Dina? She looks exactly like Anastasia and Zara Goth (who recently passed away...) in my game.

Yep, she is. And she prolly looks just like the girls in your game b/c any child of Mort Goth is a clone of him, of the opposite gender. I dunno why. At first I thought it was just a problem w/ my particular game, but from this I'm assuming that it's a problem across the board?
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 25, 07:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, idtaminger, just wow!   Shocked

Now, did you do this with those lots as residiential or community? 

The candles are beautiful the way you've arranged them.  I wonder if I could find sparkly trees somewhere, you know, like you see on city streets....

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 25, 20:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, idtaminger, just wow!   Shocked
Now, did you do this with those lots as residiential or community? 
The candles are beautiful the way you've arranged them.  I wonder if I could find sparkly trees somewhere, you know, like you see on city streets....

This was actually 2 community lots, side by side, that utilizes the "see neighbors" feature of NL. I got both lots off of MTS2, and fixed them up to my liking. The search is acting up right now, but the wedding venue is called lover's leap, and I believe the hotel is called "the island" or something. I put them right next to the river in pleasantview so that the view looks like they're next to the sea.

I zoned the lot to residential, invited everyone over, had the party, and then zoned everything back to community. No need for a scenario if you don't want it, though I prefer the scenario personally. Danny66's DMA teleporter thing has a nifty feature that changes everyone to whichever type of clothing you choose. If you have a latecomer in everyday, you can just click them into formal. A particular bonus is that it also changes the ugly pregnant defaults into their actual formals/swimsuits/whichever. It's quite handy to have around.

And as for the lights, Avenida Sims has a wonderful outdoor light set that looks great. You should check it out. Moveobjects on could probably make them look like part of a tree. http://avenidasims.com/ The poly count's about 1,000 per unit though, so you probably want to be spare w/ the placement.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 25, 23:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful pictures! What a lovely wedding.

I think I got one of those lots - now I'll have to go back for the other and see if I can do as well with them as you do :)

As for lights, tsr has some strings of white lights that would work well on trees (like Christmas light strings, only white). I don't know what the polycount is on them. Also move objects might like you place the "star" like wall lights from MTS2 on trees - those would like nice and I'm pretty sure they have reasonable polycounts (at least, I've actually used those and they didn't kill my game).

Unsouper
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 29, 01:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just amazed at the creativity!!  These wedding photos are fantastic!!  Brynne, I went to look at yours, and applied for membership to your forum.  I know I'm not a familiar face around here so I wanted you to know that it was me who applied.

--green
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 29, 01:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, thanks! I'll head over there now.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 29, 01:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here's a Garden wedding I did
« Last Edit: 2005 November 29, 02:04:16 by Bangelnuts » Logged

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 29, 02:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edit your tags, Bangel...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 29, 04:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edited

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: