More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 01:10:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  It's begun...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It's begun...  (Read 44287 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: It's begun...
« Reply #100 on: 2005 November 21, 17:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Bagelnuts: Could you have cancelled your original order and then re-ordered with the free shipping in effect? Just wondering. I know you probably would have gotten your game slightly later, but at least you woulda saved the extra 7$ that EA screwed you for. Tongue

nope  I tried   Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 November 23, 03:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HOw many have called the manufactor or even the distributor or even said something to a clerk 'this pisses me off. I feel ripped off. What a lousey practice." you get the idea.

EA is going to hear from me.

The mistletoe that comes with the Party Pack completely ignores all the relationship checks in Nightlife. Obviously. The blue-haired guy was visiting, and initiated the action ~ he's also a heterosexual with a wife and child ~ and that doesn't look like a "friendly" kiss to me. I will NOT be using the mistletoe again.

click for fullsize:

Self explanatory. I thought we had this fixed in one of the many patches. Apparently not. Not only is the teddy bear stuck in the Sim, but he's trying to unclog the toilet, and has impaled himself with the plunger. Another object I will NOT be using again, even if Santa does shit one out.

click for fullsize:

Down to what... 18 usable objects?  Angry

[edit] "The upload folder is full"? Huh I had to put these pics on my own image host. Not that I mind; that's what it's for.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 November 23, 03:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mistletoe is no longer on my sims lot, either. One of my sims fell in love with two of her husband's brothers! I wasn't even watching when the second one happened. It was an autonomous thing.

She had just kissed her husband, and I told her to kiss her brother-in-law (backwards cap and sunglasses), thinking it was a platonic kiss (I mean, jeez, another sim in the household kissed his aunt!). They fell in love with Bradley (forwards cap) standing right there .

And I was out in my sims' driveway taking care of something and I hear the harps play. I look inside and find this:

Dammit.
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 November 23, 03:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jesus Christ Brynne! That's a lot of sims on one lot. I can barely play 5 without my comp lagging something awful (and it's specs aren't bad).
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 November 23, 04:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can play eight on a small lot with little content, or six on a larger lot with a nicely furnished house. Too many Sims & stuff, I get that "bad anime" effect.

Sheeeesh...with 25 Sims on one lot, that mistletoe could lead to WWIII! It pisses me off, too...I had high hopes for it being a quick relationship booster all year round. How hard would it have been to have a check for marital status, and have married/engaged Sims NOT initiate the Holiday Kiss with anyone other than their mate?! It's just a shoddy object, period.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 November 23, 04:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I could see lots of shit stirring possibilites though. Put 'em in downtown lots and invite a bunch of romance sims out on an outing and watch the fur fly.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 November 23, 04:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's what happens when you have shoddily made objects churned out to fit a deadline.

And no, I'm not going to be making any hacks for this. I don't even have it yet. Maybe in 6-8 weeks. If I bother to place a requisition for it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2005 November 23, 05:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it'll be among the free downloads. It's worth that much...

[edit] Just went to see what today's freebie was, and the EA site is down againRoll Eyes
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 November 23, 05:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I had high hopes for it being a quick relationship booster all year round. How hard would it have been to have a check for marital status, and have married/engaged Sims NOT initiate the Holiday Kiss with anyone other than their mate?! It's just a shoddy object, period.

Different animations too, depending on the relationship. i.e. cheek kiss and/or hug unless the relationship was appropriate.

No way I'd bother to buy this holiday pack. It'd probably cost NZ$30 here. Or $19.95 at the least. I paid a sim site NZ$13.70 last month, they have excellent objects, great dungeon stuff and I get a lifetime membership to new stuff. I don't usually use paysites but I thought this one had good quality. Their minimum donation was US$5.00. Now I've ended up singing their praises while using them as an example of a reasonable price for sims objects, I'd better find a link. Wink

Maxis used to release sims 1 objects quite often. Now the site gives us interviews and transcripts of idiot question & answer sessions, instead of new objects. Now we're expected to pay for them and they have been done in haste and without much thought to the game impact.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2005 November 23, 05:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

witch, if it's anything to go by, here in Australia the holiday pack goes for $30.

I paid just under $40 for nightlife, and got the base game for $45 (half price special!)

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005 November 23, 06:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it'll be among the free downloads. It's worth that much...

[edit] Just went to see what today's freebie was, and the EA site is down againRoll Eyes

For a second, I thought it was the mistetoe, but no, it's a potted plant.

Fail.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 November 23, 06:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A poinsettia.  Just what we need.  Am I the only one who has been rating these things?  I give them a 1 to balance out the 4's and 5's.  I am being honest.  I just don't think they are all that.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2005 November 23, 07:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, call me stupid, where the hell is the download on the Maxis/Ea site - am I going blind? 
I do quite like potted plants. Embarrassed

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005 November 23, 07:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the site loads for me, but when I click on Nov 22 it tells me no peeking.   So I guess I can't get it either.

go here
                  http://thesims2.ea.com/
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 November 23, 07:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to click the dates on the calendar.  Potted plants are nice and all, but most of these items I don't think are quite worth 5 stars, personally.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2005 November 23, 07:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can go through the regular Object Listing instead of the silly calendar. Select Exchange from the top bar and choose Objects.

Fail.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2005 November 23, 08:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks SaraMK       I just assumed if the calender wasn't working it wouldn't be with the objects either.   I have now downloaded the potted plant.

Grin
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 November 23, 09:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The download for Nov. 23 is...[drumroll, please]...

ANOTHER FACTOID AND A BLOOPER SCREENSHOT!

http://thesims2.ea.com/community/holiday_blooper_toddler.php
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005 November 23, 09:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a piece of crap give-a-away this is.  Roll Eyes

If I really wanted to see pictures of glitches, I'D JUST OPEN UP MY OWN DAMN GAME!
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2005 November 23, 11:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ain't that the truth! My toilet-plunging teddy-bear guy above beats their toddler blooper! Nyah!!  Roll Eyes
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2005 November 23, 12:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

factor in the three strings of lights as being a recolor of the same string

This is intolerably annoying. They've got those frosty window panes as well, and instead of just making the frosty glass a recolour of the windows that are there, they've just stuck in new meshes with the frosty crap on them. So my catalogue is now clogged with even more crap. I don't want to have to scroll through shitloads of thumbnails to find something I want, so I delete anything that's custom-made that does that crap - but I can't delete it when Maxis do it.

Gah.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2005 November 23, 14:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else notice that they didn't stick all the holiday objects in a "collections" folder. You would have thought since they did with the NL and Uni stuff, and some other random things... but no. That would have been useful - and yes I did it myself in the end. But I don't know, that bugged me.

A proud thread pirate.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: