More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 04:18:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  sim or object floating, or flying.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sim or object floating, or flying.  (Read 6331 times)
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
sim or object floating, or flying.
« on: 2009 January 05, 13:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

at various times I have seen images or video of Sims or objects seemingly suspended in the air, or flying, and wonder how this is done?

Info would be appreciated.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: sim or object floating, or flying.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 05, 14:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By cheating.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 05, 14:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or by borkination.

More F than you
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 05, 21:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL

Yes, thank you both but could you be more specific as to HOW to accomplish this.

Thank you,
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 05, 21:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you could point us at the pictures or videos in question, the way in which the tricks were accomplished might be more easily divined.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 05, 22:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote for glass floor tiles.

More F than you
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 05, 23:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could also be the ghostwalk. I haven't tried to do it, but I know I've seen either a hack or a cheat that lets you turn on ghostwalk for a sim.

On the borkination side, if a sim is levitating because of meditation or otherwise legitimately flying, and something goes wrong so that you have to fix the sim with a cheat (like MoveObjects,) it's possible the levitation/flying state may get stuck. Haven't had this specifically, but I just had a similar borkage happen with the swimming state, as a side effect of a problem with the baby controller. Sim was swimming through the ground instead of walking or running, would pop out of the ground to sit in a chari or pick something up, then switch back to swimming when a task was finished. Only way to fix it was to reset the sim twice.
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 05, 23:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimMacFly potion is fun.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 06, 01:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a similar borkage happen with the swimming state, as a side effect of a problem with the baby controller. Sim was swimming through the ground instead of walking or running, would pop out of the ground to sit in a chari or pick something up, then switch back to swimming when a task was finished. Only way to fix it was to reset the sim twice.

I thought you could also fix that by getting them to climb a pool ladder (make a bump in the ground, place a pool ladder, make them climb it).  The trick is to get the 'ambulation' state to reset and that's what the ladder does.

Inteen for AL, yay!
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 06, 05:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a similar borkage happen with the swimming state, as a side effect of a problem with the baby controller. Sim was swimming through the ground instead of walking or running, would pop out of the ground to sit in a chari or pick something up, then switch back to swimming when a task was finished. Only way to fix it was to reset the sim twice.

I thought you could also fix that by getting them to climb a pool ladder (make a bump in the ground, place a pool ladder, make them climb it).  The trick is to get the 'ambulation' state to reset and that's what the ladder does.
First thing I tried was getting her back in the pool, then climbing out the normal way. It didn't reset it.

Next was trying a few things that interrupted her normal state, thinking those would reset the swim effect. You know: ninja teleport, sitting in a chair and getting up again. No go.

Then, I sent her off-world with Jogging. That had no effect.

I knew from the start that reset should work, but I didn't want to lose any skillpoints or other advancement she had done that session. So, I sent her spouse off to check on his business (he has a dojo where he teaches Tai Chi,) and when he came back, reset her, twice. That worked.

For future reference, don't queue up something like "Use Pool Slide" after a command from the baby controller to fetch the kid. The sim fetches the baby, then takes the baby for a swim, making it impossible for her to exit the pool -- which was how I wound up with a sim that swam through the ground.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 06, 07:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This could also be accomplished with invisible recolors of counters/tables/OMSPs/etc.
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 January 06, 15:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for the excellent suggestions.

Gwill & Tngrspacecadet, I apologize for my cynicism. I thought you were playing with me, not providing valid info.
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 January 06, 18:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aikea's animation hacks (or Squinge's Hula & More) will also let you trigger a specific animation. Whenever I have a sim falling in a picture I use the Superhero Take Off and Superhero Land animations and position the sim accordingly. Invisible floors, invisible columns, and invisible magi-splay trays are your friend as well.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: