More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 06:12:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Bodyshop created sim not visible in CAS.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bodyshop created sim not visible in CAS.  (Read 5338 times)
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Bodyshop created sim not visible in CAS.
« on: 2008 December 19, 17:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I created a sim in body shop (the free time edition as it is my last installed EP) and cloned her. I then opened my game and CAS, to import her into my neighborhood only to find that she was not present. All the other sims I created were available.

Any suggestions why this might be occurring and what a solution might be would be appreciated.

Thank you
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Bodyshop created sim not visible in CAS.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 19, 17:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be she is a young adult? In that case, she would appear in YACAS and not in CAS.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 19, 17:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may simply be missing the bodyshop thumbnail for the created sim.  Delete your cigen.package file and restart your game.  The thumbnails will regenerate.  

If your sim still does not show up, you may have to check bodyshop again to see if the sim was saved properly.

Tribulatio proxima est
Sette
Asinine Airhead

AKA Skankmelon AKA jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 19, 18:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may simply be missing the bodyshop thumbnail for the created sim.  Delete your cigen.package file and restart your game.  The thumbnails will regenerate.  

If your sim still does not show up, you may have to check bodyshop again to see if the sim was saved properly.

Accurate instructions for deleting cache files are found here... http://linna.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Delete_Cache_Files

roberte, with all the problems you're having, I wonder if your game has all the updated patches from EA, or you have a hack conflict.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 19, 18:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I keep saying (in other threads) that roberte may have a hack conflict, especially since he never confirms that he replaced his old hacks with hacks appropriate to his latest EP.

However, roberte apparently lives for this sort of adventure.

Tribulatio proxima est
Sette
Asinine Airhead

AKA Skankmelon AKA jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 19, 19:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I keep saying (in other threads) that roberte may have a hack conflict, especially since he never confirms that he replaced his old hacks with hacks appropriate to his latest EP.

However, roberte apparently lives for this sort of adventure.

Yeah, I keep expecting to finally read a response from roberte stating he's(?) moved his Downloads folder to the desktop, insured he's got all recent EA patches installed, cleaned his cache, rebooted the computer, and then tested the game behaviour without any CC.  Oops, that would only simplify trouble shooting.
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 19, 19:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jolrei & Sette,

Well you got to me before I got to you. I: first moved all my hacks to the desktop, then my Downloads folder to the desktop, I have all recent EA patches,  rebooted the computer, and then tested the game behaviour without any CC.

With no difference.

Next I will try deleting cache & cigen and let ya know.

How would I know if the sim was saved properly? The body shop image of the sim is present in body shop.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 19, 19:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roberte, the quickest way to test would be to remove the entire Sims 2 folder to the desktop. Then start up the game so that it regenerates your user files. This will quickly determine whether your issues are caused by userdata or your game install. I know I have linked you to the wiki guide on this many times before.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 20, 16:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims created in bodyshop frequently appear with the wrong pictures in CAS, so you have to kinda click and regenerate their portraits to find out which one it is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 26, 21:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J/.M.Pescado

Thank you for the input. I will try that. I never thought to take that approach. I sometimes forget that what you see isn't always what you get.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: