More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 06:47:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Illuminating 2 story rooms.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Illuminating 2 story rooms.  (Read 4085 times)
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Illuminating 2 story rooms.
« on: 2008 December 14, 11:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have constructed a movie studio lot with large, 2 story sound stages but light doesn't pass through from the 2nd story and I do not get the height effect of a 2 story room.

I have only found one light that works over 2 stories however it does not function when gunmod's radience lighting is installed (which it is).

Can anyone detail a solution to the above problem so that when I record my sims actors acting on a sound stage the effect is that of a 2 story (which most of them are) sound stage.

Thank you for any response.

Robert
Sette
Asinine Airhead

AKA Skankmelon AKA jackass

View Profile
Re: Illuminating 2 story rooms.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 14, 17:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have constructed a movie studio lot with large, 2 story sound stages but light doesn't pass through from the 2nd story and I do not get the height effect of a 2 story room.

I have only found one light that works over 2 stories however it does not function when gunmod's radience lighting is installed (which it is).

Can anyone detail a solution to the above problem so that when I record my sims actors acting on a sound stage the effect is that of a 2 story (which most of them are) sound stage.

Thank you for any response.

Robert

Because you're asking about a mod that is not Awesome, you should ask at MTS2.  I assume that's where you got it from.
roberte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 14, 17:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have asked there. I was hoping someone here might know of a solution.

Robert
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 14, 18:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try using wall lamps. If that doesn't work, I've found that windows can also achieve the desired result during the day.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 15, 04:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always just stack invisible light recolours directly below the ones on the second story... search around; someone's bound to have them.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 15, 20:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windkeeper has some really tiny lights.  I believe they can be found in the booty.
Inge has a ceiling light hider mod.  Place lights on the first floor and hide them.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 17, 07:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the game up, so I can't look and find the maker, but there is a ridiculously small ceiling light on MTS2.  It's definitely smaller than Windkeeper's.  I use it on sets, the only problem is I need a larger lamp somewhere on the lot to click to turn all the lights on.  I'm sure with some fiddling, you could get those placed on the first floor to get the effect of lights above continuing down to the first floor.

Doing a full two story area is easier than getting split levels lit up, for some reason.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: