More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 26, 19:54:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Shaking Game Screen
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shaking Game Screen  (Read 3983 times)
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Shaking Game Screen
« on: 2006 April 19, 19:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I placed a cake in a display counter and the screen started shaking, like degause shaking!, only the UI wasn't shaking, it was normal. I hit the reverse arrow (since the cake was moving around toomuch to get ahold of it, but no results. I finally just shut the game down using the normal exit on the UI panel. I didn't save.

I figure this is a side effect of OFB and I've tried searching for it here and at MTS2 but no results.

Anyone experience this?  Know what was up with the shaking?
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Re: Shaking Game Screen
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 19, 19:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that used to happen when someone on the lot got joy-buzzered. I think it was fixed in NL or possibly a patch, if you don't have NL that could be what's happening.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 19, 20:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have NL. I don't have FFS and never will have Smiley

No one on the lot to be 'buzzering'. One sim was there, but I had gone into build mode as soon as I got in. It was an owned community lot, never been played.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 19, 21:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this, it starts happening more and more each time. I got to a point when I entered my game, as soon as the neighborhood loaded, it would shake like hell. I tabbed out of the game and back in ,but it was a temporary fix. I thought it had to do with the graphics driver (or something wrong in OFB) so I tried older drivers, and did something sooo stoopid inbetween that I had to format my pc and start over (thank god I had a backup).

But now it doesn't happen as I've greatly reduced the number of downloads I have. I had 9GB's now I have 5Gb's worth. I'm not positive if that fixed it though, still waiting. I read on MTS2 or sims2community about some others having the same problem. But they had different graphics cards (someone had an ati radeon, I have nvidia) so I ruled out the driver problem. It never happened before OFB though.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 19, 21:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried to play the family. Of course, when I had to get out I had to leave my sim there. Now, if I go to play the family, it directs me to play the comm lot and won't let me play the home lot. If I go to the comm lot, my sims are gone. I know there is a proces to bring back a disappearing sim, I have to go find it now....

I have an ATI. I know the card and drivers tho can't be the problem because the UI panel didn't sake, nothign wrong with it. It's something gone crazy in the game itself. Interesting about your DLs tho. I do have a shitton of DLs. I had been making my shop, placing goods around etc. and I thought at the time maybe it had something to do with the number of polys I had placed--you know topped out on it and the game just couldn't handle them. I tried to 'back down' by deleting things but nothing would budge.

If all else fails, I have my backup done a day before so I will only lose the purchase of the comm lot and building it--which I'm beginning to think it's the whole owning a community lot that has caused this. Damn Maxis anyway. What a pitiful company. I know I'll get over my Sims addiction which came from the Sims 1.... Sims 2 is killing it slowly but surely.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 19, 21:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No owning a community doesn't do that. I'm sure of it, because I thought my neighborhood was corrupt and created a new one from scratch. Made and decorated 3 houses and wham! Shaking is back, uh-oh. So now I'm still cleaning out downloads Cheesy for a week now after work Sad I'll probably be able to play next week- yay!)
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 19, 22:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does your UI panel shake? Or just the game behind it?

So, not the owned comm lot. Not our video cards, not the drivers, I don't think it's the bulk created by custom content either because an item doesn't affect a lot until it's placed on a lot.... Not a private car on an owned comm lot either that made my sim disappear because my sim took a taxi.  Also, I don't have the patch. There has to be cause and when that is identified we can come up with a solution......

It really sucks, doesn't it?

I've been reading around and haven't found anything useful. I even went to the bbs! Yuck. I was reading about the patch and losing the ability to delete cc from the game. Well, I don't have the patch and I experienced that yesterday too.

And then because I'm chronically cynical and nasty-tempered Smiley it dawned on me that Maxis may have installed that 'lose the ability to delete cc" ON PURPOSE because they know it will really slow up ppl and dling for free (the sheep)--ppl will still want cc and therefore they will be more inclined to buy Maxis packs instead! Their evil plan discovered and exposed....
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 19, 23:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the patch, and it doesn't stop me from deleting any cc. You can delete the meshes in a normal way like you used to, but for recolors, you have to buy the item, place on lot, and select the pattern tool (recolorer) and deleting is possible there. It is a bit of a hassle for just one recolor, I'm upset about the feauture being gone too. I wonder if maxis people even realized that.
I read somewhere, someone was complaining that he/she couldn't place objects on the road anymore with moveobjects on anymore (sinceOFB- I have the same annoyance and I've downloaded a fix for it-non awesome) and a maxoid was there talking about the OFB patch was there and he didn't know about it, said it wasn't deliberate. I think I read about it here actually, can't remember.
And yes, it does suck not being able to play properly and not know why. My UI panel didn't shake by the way, so I tried toggling between neighborhoods fine. The loading screens had no problems either, just as soon as the neighborhood or house loaded, disaster struck. Or sometimes, a few minutes later. I don't have this problem now, but I did remove a lot of stuff and still am, so I don't know if it has worked until I really play the game with all the cc I have left.
trancejeremy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 19, 23:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might have accidently made the camera center on a sim.  It looks like it's shaking, because the sim is moving a little. I do it all the time.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 19, 23:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a backup of the external neighborhood package, the one located outside the neighborhood folders, but I wonder if that would regenerate. I wonder if I should stick it in. Sounds like your problem and mine are the same, only yours is in the alter stages.

I finally gave up trying ot fix it and stuck my backup in. Now I will try deleteing that hood.pack file and see if it regenerates, if not I'll stick in my backup and see if I can recreate the shake. What a PIB!

Nope, Trance, that wasn't it. If you experience this you'll know the difference. Hope you don't.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: