More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 23:47:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Uni student - stuck moveout post graduation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uni student - stuck moveout post graduation  (Read 4936 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Uni student - stuck moveout post graduation
« on: 2006 November 02, 13:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a uni student (former dormie) in residential housing on campus.  She's graduated.  But she won't move back to the main neighbourhood.

She picks up the phone (I've tried fixed phone and cell phone, also tried replacing the fixed phone).  Dials.  Then hangs up.  I don't get the dialog that this will mean missing out on a graduation party, she doesn't transition to adult, the option doesn't disappear from the phone.  The lot debugger found a stuck move-out.  I nuked that.  Still can't get her to do a graduation moveout.  No error message - just nothing, and the stuck move-out isn't appearing on the debugger.

She was living in this house before I installed Pets.  She was sharing it with her fiancee, Dirk Dreamer, who graduated before I installed Pets.

I used to have this exact same problem back when Uni was the latest EP, and I know I had something from Twojeffs that fixed it back then.  I thought this bug was fixed (either in NL or in a patch for Uni or NL) a long time ago - so I guess it's something glitched in my game, not a repeat of an old bug.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Uni student - stuck moveout post graduation
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 02, 13:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you have Dirk invite her over and Propose->Move In?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 02, 13:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think that would work, as she's a playable now.  Playables have to graduate properly, don't they?  Propose -> move in would only work if she was still a dormie.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 02, 15:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it'd work, but I think she'd be seen as a drop-out, not a graduate.  Only dormies get the same 'level' as the person asking them to move in, but that's also severely broken most of the time anyway, and needs something like TJ's college adjuster to fix it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 03, 13:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved her out, then moved her back in to the same lot.  She was able to graduate.

She was the only student I had on campus when I installed Pets.  So hopefully it was an artifact of the installation, and future students will be ok.

Also had weirdness with nannies hired pre-Pets coming at midnight, every night.  That was fixed by calling the nanny and booking one to "track schedule".   Curiously, there's no option to cancel the schedule of the pre-existing nanny, but they stop doing the midnight turn-up once I reschedule them.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 03, 15:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's a fix on the lot debugger to resolve this. I remember encountering this before, and finally discovered the root of the problem, so it's probably in the Lot Debugger now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 03, 15:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did try the stuck moveout option on the lot debugger.  I got a message that 1 stuck move-out had been fixed, the option then disappeared from the lot debugger, but the sim still couldn't get beyond dialing and then hanging up.  Problem solved now anyway by moving her out on the neighbourhood screen, then moving her back into the same house.

Or were you talking about the nanny at midnight thing?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 03, 16:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I know there was a cause for this, and I remember finding out why. Not sure if the version you may have includes this feature, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 03, 18:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Current version still has the feature, and it still works fine under Pets for me.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 05, 05:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the same problem. The debugger using nuke stuck move-out says it fixed one object, but the guy is still stuck.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 05, 07:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the most recent edition? An extra flippy-bit was added not-that-long-ago.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 05, 14:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it'd work, but I think she'd be seen as a drop-out, not a graduate.  Only dormies get the same 'level' as the person asking them to move in, but that's also severely broken most of the time anyway, and needs something like TJ's college adjuster to fix it.

Yes, this is very broken.  I had a college graduate invite a cow mascot to move in.  She's got all the memories of finishing school and graduating, but doesn't have the 6 wants or the two locks.  Time for Lot Debugger/Update Pre Uni Sim!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 05, 18:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the most recent edition? An extra flippy-bit was added not-that-long-ago.

I downloaded yesterday, so I would think so, yes.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: