More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 14:28:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Seemingly Unusual Series of Crashes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seemingly Unusual Series of Crashes  (Read 3928 times)
RatedARRRR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Seemingly Unusual Series of Crashes
« on: 2009 September 08, 13:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem: Sims 3 loads up just fine, until I get to the screen where I can create a new game/load a previously saved game. Even then it works just fine, but as soon as I hit the checkmark to start the saved game loading, it crashes to the desktop with no warning and no error message.

Other info: I have the very latest version of Awesomemod and no other mods. I used the installer for dummies for the framework. I have the newest Razor1911 torrented version; I had the leaked Reloaded version until today (hadn't played in a while and decided to start again so I updated everything). Not sure how important this is, but my game version is 1.0.631.00002.

I've removed the mods folder, booted from the launcher and directly from the .exe, booted while connected to the internet and while disconnected - nothing has made any difference at all.

If you need to know anything else, let me know. I'm not totally sure what's meaningless and what's useful here.

It's probably a fairly simple fix, but I haven't been able to find a solution and I've been combing threads looking for anything even remotely related for the past hour or so  - nothing has helped.

Sandwiches!
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Seemingly Unusual Series of Crashes
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 08, 14:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure how important this is, but my game version is 1.0.631.00002.

If you want to be a successful modder, you have to learn to fucking rtfm.
From the RTFM:

COMPATIBILITY:
Base Game Version 1.3.24 or 1.4.6.

In other words, upgrade your fucking game. And lurk moar. And search moar. A lot moar.
RatedARRRR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 08, 14:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a modder, have no interest in being a modder. Which RTFM? Awesomemod, EA/Sims 3, or my torrent?

I've been lurking here for two years. And searches for "Sims 3 crashes" aren't exactly helpful - I did search, I just wasnt totally positive what to look for. Hence my asking for a little help.

Edit: Checked RTFM for Awesomemod - feel mildly idiotic for not being psychic. Not totally, because it still did this before I ever installed Awesomemod and also when I took it out completely.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 08, 14:18:41 by RatedARRRR » Logged

Sandwiches!
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 10, 03:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you check the installermonkey threads, because I had this problem with a borked framework install.

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 10, 23:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure how important this is, but my game version is 1.0.631.00002.
Start there. You should have a more recent version.
Jasumi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 15, 12:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete your cache files
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 15, 20:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't feel too bad, I just had the EXACT same thing happen to me 2 days ago. It took me all day to figure out it was the update, with this site being down. I had to rely on my own critical thinking and hours of trial and error without the wealth of knowledge that is MATY. If you arr'd your copy of the game and need the updates, let me know, I had to download like 6 to get the versions I needed.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
RatedARRRR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 16, 03:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys. I never did conclusively discover the problem - I ended up totally wiping my hard drive and starting completely fresh. (I needed to do it for other reasons, so it wasn't totally annoying.) It's finally working again, so, whatever. I am pretty sure it was the whole downloaded a crappy torrent/never updated it/unable to patch thing, though. Anyway, thanks for helping!

Sandwiches!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: