More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 23:01:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Exporting YA faces to make Adults?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Exporting YA faces to make Adults?  (Read 2720 times)
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Exporting YA faces to make Adults?
« on: 2005 November 04, 12:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I have this thing where I'm far too lazy to make my own specific custom faces for every sim (and not skilled enough with the creator to duplicate some of the nicer random/premade ones).  So, I wind up choosing faces out of the "heads" box fairly commonly.  Two of the faces I like the most are YA only.  Now, this worked out fine when I decided to make some random CAS students one day and play around with them, but now I've got a bizarre urge to run a quasi-lifecycle mode with them.  (It started when two of the sims moved in together after graduation, and I realized they had no actual parents, and thus they couldn't have irritating inlaws if they got married, and, uh... yeah.)

So, is it possible to take a YA face out of the special "Make YAs" creator and use it on an adult, which would then be aged down to a teen?  I just like the combinations of facial features and I can't seem to replicate them by normal means.  I do want those specific faces because I'm trying to make "the same" sims as I had before- they should hopefully look the same.  I tried sticking the YA-only faces in a collection, but it doesn't work- the folder appears empty as far as the regular CAS is concerned.

Anyway, if it is possible, I gather that whatever I may have to do will be extremely technical.  I have SimPE and stuff, but I'm pretty oblivious to the, ah, more hexadecimal-flavored end of Sims mods... so if it gets complicated, please explain slowly. Wink
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Exporting YA faces to make Adults?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 04, 12:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they show up in the bodyshop at all? If so you should be able to age them down or up in the bodyshop after you select them. You could also create them as young adults and then change them to a different age using the sim modder (using the cheat code boolprop testingcheatsenable true then shift clicking on the sim, choosing spawn, more then sim modder; it looks like a baby) but then you'd have to find a way to teleport them to the regular neighborhood and move them in some where.

There probably is a way to enabled those faces for adults in the CAS, but those faces from what I can gather all come from precreated whole sims AFAIK and you should be able to access those sims in the bodyshop, and then just change their age and clothing.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 04, 22:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's what I would do but keep in mind I don't have Uni so am just going by the seat of my pants here.

Use a test neighborhood or one where you don't care if you end up with a couple of extra character files and create both young adults.  I believe at this point you could leave them in the family bin or move them into Uni.  Now quit your game and start up SimPE and open that neighborhood.  Then using SimSurgery, export them (they go into SavedSims and you can give them a certain file name).  Now close SimPE, then open BodyShop and clone them, at which point you can turn them into whatever age you prefer (toddler, child, teen, adult).  Then start up your game and they should be available in CAS under the adults.

I recycle sims that have genetics I really like quite frequently this way and often times use them for Townies in other neighborhoods.

chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 05, 13:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... how do I use the surgery thing to export?  I must admit I have no idea how that particular plugin actually works.

Thanks for the ideas, by the way. Wink
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 05, 13:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, nevermind- I figured it out.  The interface is kind of confusing.  Tongue

The exportation process seemed to work, though.  I'm about to load up the actual game and test to see if it did.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: