More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:56:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Lots Packaged With Sims Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lots Packaged With Sims Question  (Read 3033 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Lots Packaged With Sims Question
« on: 2009 February 20, 09:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here's the situation. A few friends play sims on macs. Without SimPE, they can't extract their sims. In the past, I've helped them out by having them package the lot, either uploading it to the exchange or to file and then to a file sharing service. I then download the lot, place it in a temp hood, and extract the sims for them. Up until recently, this has worked wonderfully and never been a problem.

Recently, though, I've had people package up lots that look fine with clean installer (sims listed and everything), yet when I try and load it into a temp hood, the lot shows up as a normal lot, not a populated lot. I'm really not sure what the heck is going on with this. I'd never had a problem before, but I've had this happen with lots from two different people.

Anyone know what might be going on? Is this a mac issue, a windows issue, a tight pants issue? What? Any help would be appreciated.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Lots Packaged With Sims Question
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 20, 09:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed recently that the game is unreliable when importing sims, sometimes it works, sometimes the sims vanish. I only import into test hoods of course.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 21, 00:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the exact same problem.  Five people sent me occupied lots.  One lot didn't work.  I had the person repackage and resend - it still doesn't work.  I'm going to ask her to send me the character folder.  I should be able to extract sims from there.  I'll let you know if it works.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 21, 12:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to ask her to send me the character folder.  I should be able to extract sims from there.  I'll let you know if it works.

Just so you don't have to waste time and effort, it will not work for sure; character files contain only part of the character itself.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 21, 18:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thanks for the warning.  I guess I'll ask her to repackage the lot again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: