More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 22:10:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Not Impressed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not Impressed.  (Read 6703 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Not Impressed.
« on: 2007 August 05, 07:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I finally got one of my sims to the top of the music career.  Cool outfit i thought. Until I noticed this:

Is it just me or does that "bracelet" look like Eaxis has just stuck a new arm on there? What sort of effort is that! They could have least tried to make it THE SAME COLOUR. (I dont use custom skins).   I thought about going into a long winded rant about the quality of these games dropping... but decided to just stick with the title.

Not Impressed.

Edit: Oh, my bad, its not just the bracelet.

« Last Edit: 2007 August 05, 07:17:09 by Tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Not Impressed.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 05, 10:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at the original LIFO file, there's no skin colour in the actual image.
What are your graphics settings?
I thought they might just have tried to add a really bad dropshadow, but it doesn't really look like it.  It looks to me like your game is somehow not applying the alpha of this texture correctly.

Edit:  No, you are completely right.  It looks horrible in my game too.  I think they've messed up the mesh, because the texture looks OK.  What you see shining through is actually a part of the skintone texture, just not the skin texture in the spot where it should be.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 05, 10:29:04 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 05, 12:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem. I'm using custom skins and it seems to use the colour of the skin in those freaky patches, e.g. a purple sim has purple raised patches.
My graphics settings are all the way up, and my graphics cards are over qualified for dealing with this game. I think it's a mesh problem.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 05, 12:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to fiddle with it a bit.  I had been hoping it was something that could be fixed easily by adjusting the material definition file, but I think the error is in the mesh, and I'm just not a mesher.  I wonder if someone like HystericalParoxysm would be inspired to fix this if it was brought to their attention.  I know she's done similar fixes before.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 05, 13:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HystericalParoxysm made a similar fix for the seasons flower dress for kids. It looks like its the same problem.

Had a look into it, it is the same prob. The maker of this Outfit has added both subsets of the Mesh to one Material Definition. The Property set and 3D ID referencing file need a fix.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 05, 16:37:10 by Havelock » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 05, 19:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Idiots. Do they not look at anything? It's bad enough that it has flat-crap jewelry; the mesh shoddiness pushes it over the edge.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 05, 19:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talked to HP.  She said she'd look into it.

Now all we can do is wait.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 05, 22:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh pretty sure she hates my guts so good thing someone else asked Smiley

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 06, 08:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So why would she not like you, TigerLilley? What've you been up to? Tongue

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 06, 08:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get how they manage to screw up their meshes this badly. I mean, all you need to do is to LOOK at the thing. You can't miss a huge odd-colored patch like that, or the freakish arm, either.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 06, 09:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, when you consider that their testers fail to catch even obvious discrepancies, it's pretty clear that they don't actually have players who are good enough to reach this level of play without cheating, by which time they aren't looking at things very closely. Given that this is a nontechnical error which produces no negative side effects, it likely passes unnoticed, seeing as many technical errors which DO produce negative effects ALSO go unnoticed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 06, 10:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh oh i was part of mts2 when the old chat was up.  I left in the usual spectacular fashion when it was announced it was going to close down, ya know, the usual throw your toys type way. Memorable parts were "fuck you all" and disclosed a secret about the mods to the open chat etc etc.

Nothing too exciting, but i dont keep in touch with many people from there now.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 09, 17:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooooooooh!  What was the sekrit?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 09, 21:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pawpaw always said that all secrets were lies*.

*so that you'd get upset and try to proove that yours wasn't, therefore telling him the secret

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 10, 06:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The psychological trick I played on my son was to tell him I could read it in his eyes if he was lying. So every time he wouldn't meet my eyes when he was telling me something, I had a fair idea he was lying. *chortle*

Worked till he was 8 or 9.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 10, 09:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got some recolours of the outfit in light blue and purple, but those come without the crap looking parts.
I just don't recall where I actually got them...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: