More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 09:34:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Party Timer missing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Party Timer missing  (Read 2521 times)
Nebula
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Party Timer missing
« on: 2009 February 27, 17:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've encountered a strange bug in my game. On one of my Uni lots, a Greek House, the party timer is missing. I can host parties fine, but the timer never shows up, and thus I never get a good or bad party, and it never ends. Guests either leave randomly, or I have to tell them to leave. It happened after I threw a Grad party, and I did use the Lot Debugger to nuke stuck party controller (or something to that effect), but I don't get a timer anyway, and there is no option to fix or nuke anything helpful on the Debugger anymore. Anyone know what's wrong?

I have all EPs and SPs except Celebration, and the Director's Cut hacks.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Party Timer missing
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 27, 17:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are your hacks all up to date?  I seem to remember having this problem once, and it turned out to be because I'd failed to keep my hacks current.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 27, 18:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me, too.  I think it had something to do with having a Toga Party, a date, and a Secret Society abduction running all at the same time.  A sim was blocking one of my other sim's path out of the house during his abduction, and something got stuck, so his abduction was "in progress" and it screwed with all the timers. 

I don't remember a hack conflict or unupdated Awesomeware.  I deleted the affected sim and saved and exited, and then did not throw any parties or run any dates until he was properly abducted.  Once that happened, everything was ok again.

PB

Nebula
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 27, 19:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hacks are all up to date, but there was several actions going on at the same time when the first sim graduated, so when the next one was about to graduate I tried ProfButters' advice, and I got my timer back. Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: