More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 10:53:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mascot Frozen Problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mascot Frozen Problem  (Read 7472 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Mascot Frozen Problem
« on: 2005 July 26, 06:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I'm not quite sure if this is related to the bathroomusesyou hack, but... I was playing in Uni today and I noticed that a Mascot (a good one, it was a Llama) was in a house I hadn't played in a while. I created a new set of students and combined them with the household and went into the dorm. The mascot was already in the middle of using the bathroom. I sent one of my new students, a popularity sim that I plan to make into a big man on campus type, so I figured why not get him to socialize with the mascot.

Well... he ended up getting stuck waiting outside the bathroom for the mascot to come out, and the mascot was just sorta stuck/frozen standing in the bathroom. This is while I had chosen Macro... Socialzie... Friendly. Well... I cancelled out of that, and the Mascot walked out... then he walked into another bathroom and took a leak. Then, after flushing, he just stood there frozen.

I waited for a while to see if anything happened. I tried using the Call Over action, but the mascot just stood there. Anyways, I don't know if it is  bathroomusesyou related or if the Macro/Socialize did something? I have mostly your hacks, twojeffs, some of dizzy's new stuff, and other few minor random things.

The only other things I could imagine might be related to this issue are twojeffs' Always Wash Hands after using the toilet hack or maybe twojeffs' Cow Mascot head? which I actually doubt, since it is only supposed to react to bad Cow mascots... Anyways, I ended up forcing an error on the mascot, and then I choose reset. He went through the stupid "Gerbitz" cheer routine, then he used the bathroom and got stuck/frozen again after flushing.

I will post the error log and maybe you could tell me if there's something hack related? Or should I just delete him, chalk it up to a fluke, cross my fingers and hope it doesn't happen again. :p

Ste

[attachment deleted by admin]

HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Mascot Frozen Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 26, 12:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a nice clean ‘hood with 320 or so character files and only critical hacks and annoyance fixes from twojeffs and JM.  JM will probably have other ideas but I have been safely deleting cheerleaders and mascots from my dorms for a while.  I don't seem to have a problem with them sticking in Greek houses and private lodgings, just dorms.  It still happens even without hacks present so I'd doubt hacks are an issue.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
DaveFlew
Asinine Airhead

I'm going to have pi best friends?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 26, 13:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll second that, Posie. I've only had the frozen mascot problem once, and I just put move objects on and moved it. I now have a decorative Cow Mascot statue - and the original (actual, living) Cow Mascot appears to be unaffected by this.

My frozen mascot situation might have happened during an  "Add Soap To Fountain" action that might have gone awry.  Undecided

What's the boolprop for siamese twins?

invisiblehousesr2cute
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 26, 13:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, I like that idea however I just deleted my mascot.  After a couple of sim days he appeared in a community lot looking and acting the same as ever Cheesy

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 26, 13:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it happens in "clean" neighbourhoods, it could be something that could be fixed with JM's lotdebugger.

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 26, 16:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh my god i jus noticed sth stupid about me!! haha! and i'm even stupid enough to mention this to you guys...

i've always thought the mascot llama was a...kangaroo...

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 26, 16:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, it's an honest mistake. After all, real llamas do not exhibit any bipedal characteristics, and you'd only be able to recognize it as such if you already knew about the running Maxian in-joke about llamas. Giiven what it does look like as result, a kangaroo is a reasonable guess, albeit a rather tail-less kangaroo.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 26, 17:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, it's an honest mistake. After all, real llamas do not exhibit any bipedal characteristics, and you'd only be able to recognize it as such if you already knew about the running Maxian in-joke about llamas. Giiven what it does look like as result, a kangaroo is a reasonable guess, albeit a rather tail-less kangaroo.

which makes me very curious...what is the inside joke? and why is the secret society's mascot is an llama too?

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 26, 17:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every single Maxis game since at least SimCity 2000, if not SimCity Original, has made llama jokes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 26, 18:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe even in the original The Sims the sports teams were named after llamas. It has been ages since I last played it, though.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 26, 22:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, even in the original Simcity the team was named after llamas, and of course you had llamas in the zoo in 2000.  I still have them both, but I can't seem to get them to load properly so I haven't played in years.  Tried 3000 and hated it!

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 26, 22:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok... so I'm guessing by Pescado's non response, that this problem is normal. :p

Oh well... I ended up having to delete him anyways. The stupid llama passed out in the bathroom in front of the toilet and was blocking my other sims/dormies from using it. Since I didn't want him to die, I just forced another error and deleted him. :p

Ste

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 26, 22:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have twojeffs NPC zapper, you can just get another sim to ban him from the lot, and he'll ust teleport somewhere.  Then, if you really want him around, you can get them to allow him back again.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: