More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 05:48:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I wish there was a fishing hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I wish there was a fishing hack  (Read 5814 times)
tryoutz
Asinine Airhead

I need help.

View Profile
I wish there was a fishing hack
« on: 2007 May 07, 17:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone here fishes in real life then they know you fish for certain fish. You very seldom if ever catch a fish that you are not fishing for in fresh water fishing. It would be great if someone made a "fish for" hack that lets you decide what to fish for. It would also need a random fishing option in the pie menu. I have a fish market in my game I have 500 large mouth bass and 5 golden trout. This needs to be fixed. I hope someone who has the knowledge creates a hack like this, or if there is one, directs me to it. Thanks for this site. Without it Sims would not be worth playing!

I still don't understand....
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
Re: I wish there was a fishing hack
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 07, 17:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, this sounds more like something Squinge might want to make.  You might try him over at the Insim site.  Linkie:  http://www.insimenator.net/forums.php

Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 07, 18:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...
* Fat D wants "Fish for.../Boot"

Horanda
Knuckleheaded Knob

I used to have to be nice

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 07, 18:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Horanda doesn't care, whatever he fishes for he will catch sticks and rocks

I'm not doing too bad, considering my age and personality
Pro-freedom
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 07, 19:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 500 large mouth bass and 5 golden trout.

Those are the only fish you've caught?  Sheesh, my Sim kids with no fishing badges get better diversity.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 07, 19:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does type of fish you catch depend on fishing badge?  Or is it like... totally radnom? Tongue

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 07, 19:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on badge and lure.

And I don't know where tryoutz fishes, but I used to catch all kinds of fish that I wasn't fishing for- lots of carp and catfish in amongst the rare trout that I was after.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 07, 20:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same. Of course, I fish with explosives.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 08, 03:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doing it Pescado's way seems more intelligent. This way you can just pick out the ones you want, and leave the rest. Or you could take them all and sell the ones you don't want

tryoutz
Asinine Airhead

I need help.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 08, 13:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I should have said anyone who KNOWS how to fish. When I fish for trout I us a fly. I have never caught a carp or catfish on a fly. When I fish for carp I use Wheaties with garlic and/or vanilla/strawberry flavoring, Guess what? Never caught anything but carp! When I fish for catfish I use chad guts or cut shad or whole chad or a stink bait, and guess what.......? that's right! nothing but catfish! I will admit I have caught a very few sunfish on a fly, but the streams usually do not have bass, carp, or cat fish in such shallow fast running water. Wink. Now to address the other aaahh ummmm....person. I said for and example I have 400 bass and 4 golden trout. In actuality I have vast amounts of all fish 30 boots which I mount and sell for very expensive, and 24 golden trout. Roll Eyes

I still don't understand....
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 08, 15:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... kat did say it depended on the badge and lure you are using (which I assume she was referring to in-game Tongue).

So... as in real life, did you actually use different kinds of lures in the game?  You can look at it this way, maybe your sims don't KNOW how to fish in the game yet either.  And you'd have to get your sims better badge levels before they do KNOW how to fish to the point where they catch the type of fish you are trying for? Tongue

Ste

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 08, 16:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The golden trout doesn't have a special lure. They are SUPPOSED to be rare.  The chances increase slightly as you level up. I've gotten exactly 2, but then I don't have my Sims fish a whole lot, and I think only 1 Sim has reached Gold (and I probably badge juiced him... it's been awhile, I don't remember now) According to Prima (so the usual grain of salt warning) with a Silver Badge you have a 1% chance and with Gold, a 3% chance. Now, usual Maxoid code would dictate that 3% chance would end up meaning you practically only caught Goldens, but apparently for fishing they learned a new algorithm. LOL

And in case you haven't noticed, the Sims aren't fly fishing. They are plunking bait down into stocked ponds.  Wink

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 10, 04:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, usual Maxoid code would dictate that 3% chance would end up meaning you practically only caught Goldens, but apparently for fishing they learned a new algorithm. LOL
There's no change in the code there. Catching golden trouts is considered a "good" event. Therefore, the code will NOT sadorandomly choose it because it is not a bad thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: