More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 23:39:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help With Changing Genetics
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help With Changing Genetics  (Read 4657 times)
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Help With Changing Genetics
« on: 2006 March 14, 04:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need some help badly on changing my Sim's genetics.  I noticed that her eye color is Maxis Brown, when they are supposed to be Helaene's dark hazel (from her October eyes collection). Currently, my Sim is pregnant with her first child.  She's got one more day before she gives birth...and I wanted to fix her eyes before the baby is born.

I have read/skimmed through dozens of threads, and my eyes are glazing over and my head hurts.  It's possible that the information is there, but I just don't understand it well enough to see it right in front of my face.

Can someone please take me step by step in changing her eye color from the Maxis color to the custom color with the updated version 0.56 of SimPe for OFB?  I don't have SimEnhancer 2.

I would be so grateful for your help.  --green

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Help With Changing Genetics
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 14, 05:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go into SimPE and bring up her character file in Sim Browser.  Click on "More", then on the "Open Sim DNA" link.  As long as you know the code for the custom eye colour, just replace her expressed eye colour (Dominant Gene in the top box) with that, commit and save.  It is a lot easier in Sim Enhancer because all the eye colours will come up and you just have to click on the one you want, but the updated OFB version isn't available yet anyway.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 14, 06:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is now, but I haven't used it yet.  It's supposed to have gotten a major overhaul.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 14, 10:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but didn't someone say that to change expressed eye colour, you need to change Age Data?

I like SimPE, but have to say that the ease of SimEnhancer is really appealing...(had it for TS1, but don't now)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 14, 11:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but didn't someone say that to change expressed eye colour, you need to change Age Data?

This is true for changing hair color, so I would assume it works the same way for changing eye color too.  If you just change the dominant/recessive values, it's only going to affect the way the genes are passed down, and will have no effect on the current Sim unless you also change the Age Data information.

Karen
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 14, 14:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for your replies.  Now, if I could just figure out how to find the code for that custom eye color...Ancient, I sent you a PM.

It is now, but I haven't used it yet.

I went over to the page to download the free trial version of SimEnhancer 2 and found that they're still working on the update...
Does anyone know if I can make this kind of a change using the free trial version?

--green
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 14, 14:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, if I could just figure out how to find the code for that custom eye color...
You can find it in the package, it's the family number you find in the texture overlay XML.
Hope it helps.
Pioupiou
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 14, 14:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pioupiou!!  Mmmwhaaa!!  Thank you soooo much!  I think I can try this now.  I've got my 'hood backed up...I'm ready!

Edited to say:  I successfully entered the custom eye color and clicked "Commit" and "Save"...when I went back into my game, she still had the Maxis brown eyecolor.  I took her to the mirror to change appearance, and that didn't do anything.

I see that I probably needed to change the Age Data, too.  How do I go about doing that? 

Edited again:  NEVERMIND...Pioupiou, I found your explanation on how to change the eyecolor number in AgeData under her Character File in another thread.  I REALLY think this is it!  Boy, have I learned a lot of new information today!!  Thank you all!!  --green
« Last Edit: 2006 March 14, 15:53:56 by greeneyedsims » Logged
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 14, 18:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy to be able to help for once !  Grin
Don't hesitate to ask if you need some precisions.
Pioupiou
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 14, 19:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pioupiou is gold.  She helped me with the same problem last time.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 14, 19:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lose my lips but I'm still willing to help !
Pioupiou
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: