More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 17:33:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I see dead people...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I see dead people...  (Read 5752 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
I see dead people...
« on: 2005 September 18, 13:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've mentioned this in a few threads here and even posted pics, but no one else seems to have the same problem, I guess. I am having problems with gravestones appearing  in multiples on the sidewalk. Many of the same sim. Every time I go to play a lot, any lot, brand-spanking new, no house, nothing except the sims I had just moved in, the gravestones are there, along with puddles in the street. It happens in houses that previously had ghosts, as well. The tombstones of those ghosts are all on the sidewalk, and they are all platinum death tombstones. Even if the sim did not die a platinum death. I had 3 "Here lies Fred Goode" tombstones on one lot, and he appeared on every other lot I played.

I have the QA version of simpe, so I resurrected the sims whose gravestones I saw. Going back to the game, there were no gravestones on the lot this time. I had one of the sims I resurrected die again to see what would happen. I saw the normal GR routine, nothing seemed amiss. Got a single tombstone for Debbie Bayfield. The night she made her first appearance as a ghost (which was a lot sooner than would happen before NL) I had a teen go downtown on a date. He got to the bowling alley, and there were 2 "Here lies Debbie Bayfield" graves on the sidewalk again. Not only that, but her ghost was there, as well! So she was simultaneously haunting the house and the bowling alley. When the teen arrived home, Debbie's ghost was still there, as well as 2 more of her tombstones.

Here is the link to my first post concerning this, with a picture: Please note that the puddles in the street, which always appear with the tombstones, are yellow because of the yellow pee hack, I'm sure. Which means the puddles are pee. Water puddles still show up blue. I know, gross...
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=561.msg21669#msg21669

Does anyone know what's going on, here? Please???
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: I see dead people...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 18, 13:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne does it still happen with nothing in your downloads folder?   (Not to say it definately is caused by content, just to rule it out that's all.)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 18, 13:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm...let me try. I pretty much cleared out my hacks, but maybe something's lurking somewhere in all those weird number files.
Thanks!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 18, 14:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, this is rather amusing if you think about it, but I can see that it might also get a bit tiresome!  I meant to ask on that other thread, is there any chance of you uploading Bella's son somewhere?  He's extremely dishy!  Who's his father? 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 18, 14:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By process of elimination, I've determined that it is the yellow pee hack that is doing this. I don't get it. Makes no sense to me, but that's that's what it was.

AncientSim, his father is Joe, the sim in my avatar. He's holding Justin as a toddler. Hmmm...if I can figure out how to upload him without all the baggage, I'll do it for you. I agree, he's pretty hot!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 18, 14:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go into SimPE and then into Sim Surgery, select the sim and then hit export you can save a sim's physical characteristics to a package file. Smiley

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 18, 15:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah! Now I feel like a goober. Thanks, Motoki!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 18, 15:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see the connection between tombstones and a pee hack either  Undecided  Glad to hear you've tracked down the problem though.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 18, 16:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, AncientSim. If you want him, I got him! Let me know...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: