More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 23:25:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Binned hair sharing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Binned hair sharing  (Read 55179 times)
Chezzie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Binned hair sharing
« Reply #100 on: 2006 April 01, 04:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, if you all want binned hair, tell the creators to do it. It's really up to them. We shouldn't have to do it. If we keep doing it ourselves, they won't.

Has that actually worked for anyone here because they are not listening to me  Wink i tried to do it myself and just ended up with a migraine and a lot of useless files  Roll Eyes
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 April 01, 04:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you don't know the file name of each recolor, the tool doesn't help much, as you can only see the textures after you add it to a color bin!

If it comes out as the wrong color, you can only remove it and try to load another one Angry

Oh, and when I used the option to disable the original packages, an error dialog appeared saying that the file was being used by another process. Did anyone seen the same?
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 April 01, 05:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the hair binning info here is really helpful. It will prob helps me to improve my hair binning techniques if I ever want to do it again.
But hey, in case we are all trapped in our little worlds here, I just want to highlight that most folks still don't care about hair binning or even know what hair binning is.
I had to explain that to a friend who had hundreds of thousands of cc and yet had no idea what hair binning is.

It seems only Mts2 and Matyians are very concerned about hair binning so far.

And since the majority of downloaders are ignorant/ doesn't care, why should paid sites creators care?  Undecided

Go Away
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 April 01, 07:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And since the majority of downloaders are ignorant/ doesn't care, why should paid sites creators care?  Undecided

I think the only thing we can do is to inform people about it and to keep bugging the creators to do it. I think more and more people will catch on. And once Theo's tool gets released, creators will have less of an excuse for not doing it.

I just posted a huge rant about it, heheh

http://www.theliteratesim.com

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 April 01, 14:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not until I recently started binning my hair, that I'm truly realizing the value of it.  I've only binned one creator so far and have quite a few more, but I think I have enough variety of hair to stop downloading hair until other creators start binning their own creations., as would make logical sense so people can stop complaining that they got black hair with blond eyebrows and can only change that in game.  Not binning them can screw up the genetics [which I'm sure many of you have seen when a child grows up with the electrocuted hair...makes me nuts Angry]

Okay..point said.  Have to continue binning my ahir

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 April 01, 17:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the only thing we can do is to inform people about it and to keep bugging the creators to do it. I think more and more people will catch on. And once Theo's tool gets released, creators will have less of an excuse for not doing it.

I just posted a huge rant about it, heheh

http://www.theliteratesim.com

Motoki, its very well written!
I wish lots of creators will read it.

Smiley

Go Away
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 April 01, 17:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where does one go to ask if they can be kidnapped and taken off to, erm, nowhere?

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 April 01, 18:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I ask, if I wanted to re-place my hairs in the custom bin, is it absolutely necessary to have a unique hairtone number per package, or could I use a hairtone number for multiple files? If so, would copying the family over to the hairtone be okay to do, or a bad idea? Or perhaps there's a generator of some sort?

Why I ask is b/c I have elder stages that I want in the custom bin, but I don't want to have to rebin everything just for one stage.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 April 01, 18:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you just export the elder stage in Body Shop?

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 April 01, 18:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exporting in bodyshop is rather unfeasible for the amount of files I have.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 April 01, 22:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you bin your hair, every stage has a seperate property list with the bin number on it. So if you wanted your elder hair to show up in the custom bin, then re-bin every other stage, but leave elder alone and it will still go to custom. To make sure it ages up correctly, remember to keep the family value consistant.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 April 01, 22:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, the files are already binned, and so I don't have the hairtone numbers anymore. So what I was wondering was - is it okay to copy the family line over to the hairtone line and make it custom that way? Or, perhaps, copy a hairtone line over from a separate package and use that same number for multiple files. I'm not sure about the logistics of this, and so I really don't know if I should try this.  Undecided
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 April 02, 02:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theo's new binning tool for SimPE allows you to move hairs between bins, at least the latest update posted today does. Can't you just check the greys and uncheck the rest and move them to the custom bin?

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 April 02, 03:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theo's new binning tool for SimPE allows you to move hairs between bins, at least the latest update posted today does. Can't you just check the greys and uncheck the rest and move them to the custom bin?

Really? I hadn't gotten around to testing it out yet. I've been recolouring like mad this morning. I'll def. try that out. Thnx. Smiley
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 April 02, 06:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I followed the steps using the male Jeanette hair (hey! Where can I find the female? The link I found seems gone.) The name in the file to point to using my step 4 of removing seemed to work to redirect to a maxis texture, since I deleted the texture but a texture showed on the mesh for those age groups. In other words, I did delete the texture, but it didn't hide the ages I deleted, so I had unwanted toddler and children's hairstyles in my bins. How do I hide the ages I deleted? I tried deleting the property groups, but that ment that if I selected the adult age and then made it a child, then back to an adult, the mesh changed to a maxis one. That actually can present an annoyance for me, since when I make a sim I see what it looks like in all ages and both genders, so I know how cute his/her kids will be. I don't want to reselect the mesh, I want the family properties intact. Can I keep the properties but hide the age group?
Also, how do I redirect the texture to a maxis texture not refrenced in the package? The elder hair is a custom texture, the name of the file when redirecting mentions Jeanette. So in the elder bin I have four elder hairstyles, three of them do not have textures just that weird text covering.

4. Select the File List tab in the lower window. This is the name of a Maxis hair that will replace the ages you are deleting. If the color is wrong, it can be changed. Select the hair name. In the text box, change the last part of the file name to match the correct color if needed. Correct colors are: -black, -brown, -blonde, -red, or -grey. Copy the filename. Select the Properties tab. Select stdMatBaseTextureName. In the Property field to the right, paste the file name copied over the value listed. Hit the Commit button. Repeat for each file in the age group(s) to be deleted.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
pinhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 April 02, 08:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I followed the steps using the male Jeanette hair (hey! Where can I find the female? The link I found seems gone.) The name in the file to point to using my step 4 of removing seemed to work to redirect to a maxis texture, since I deleted the texture but a texture showed on the mesh for those age groups. In other words, I did delete the texture, but it didn't hide the ages I deleted, so I had unwanted toddler and children's hairstyles in my bins. How do I hide the ages I deleted? I tried deleting the property groups, but that ment that if I selected the adult age and then made it a child, then back to an adult, the mesh changed to a maxis one. That actually can present an annoyance for me, since when I make a sim I see what it looks like in all ages and both genders, so I know how cute his/her kids will be. I don't want to reselect the mesh, I want the family properties intact. Can I keep the properties but hide the age group?
Also, how do I redirect the texture to a maxis texture not refrenced in the package? The elder hair is a custom texture, the name of the file when redirecting mentions Jeanette. So in the elder bin I have four elder hairstyles, three of them do not have textures just that weird text covering.

Oh! Thanks a lot, sara dippity! Your problem now is showing exactly what i was trying to say before! Smiley
That's what i'm talking about broken functionally when you delete Property Sets from the package. That's a good example of what will cause.
All the files stored in the package are required to link each other together, saying to Bodyshop or the game what files need to be loaded when changing ages and colors
in the Bin. If the game or bodyshop didn't find something, will change to a maxis fallback, that use a different family an mesh set. So, if you change ages
will change to a fallback that uses a different family hash and the next age will use that family hash to call the next age mesh.

About the texture of this hair, in this case, you need the original texture from the original JB mesh to point to the base texture.
If you don't have it installed, the textures can't be found
by the game (because isn't shipped with the game).

to hide the ages, select the PSET of the age that you like to hide and change to this:
flags (dtUInteger) = 0x00000009 ----> if the flag is setted as 0x00000000 or 0x00000008
flags (dtUinteger) = 0x0000000B ----> if the flag is setted as 0x00000002 or 0x0000000A

0xB is used to hide only Hats PSETs and 0x9 is used to hide normal hairs.

i was using 0x1 to hide normal hairs and 0x3 to hide hats, but with OFB somehow those hidden ages
are showing only when you try to plan an outfit for your employees at a business lot (i don't know how is
called this function in English games, but is when you choose an uniform used by all your employees in the work). So, i presume
that will be good use the values to hide as the same that maxis uses.

But i didn't tested yet using 0x9 and 0xB to see if those hidden hairs are appearing there too.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 02, 08:38:35 by pinhead » Logged
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 April 02, 12:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I followed the steps using the male Jeanette hair (hey! Where can I find the female? The link I found seems gone.)

Simsbaby put a link to the files here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3856.0
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 April 02, 14:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pinhead: I think that option is just called 'set uniform' or 'plan uniform'. Smiley

Sara: Pinhead is right. Basically just go to the property set for the age you want to hide, look for the value called flag and change the last digit from a 0 to a 9.

I just asked Theo in his thread if there was an option to hide hairs in the CAS and have to tool set the flag. It's not hard at all to set the flag manually, but it would be nice if the tool could do it. Smiley

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 April 02, 18:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THANKS THIS IS GREAT!

Um, I mean, thank you.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 April 02, 23:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have my hairs all binned properly and have properly deleted unwanted textures as outlined by Pinhead.  Now my next question is, as  sara_dippity asked above . . .

Also, how do I redirect the texture to a maxis texture not refrenced in the package?

Is this part of the solution? . . .

About the texture of this hair, in this case, you need the original texture from the original JB mesh to point to the base texture.  If you don't have it installed, the textures can't be found by the game (because isn't shipped with the game).

If not, is it possible to have some of the recolors of new meshes or found meshes, such as the female hair mesh Sims Connection found and recolored, point to original Maxis colors or textures, the black, brown, red and blonde?  I do like the Maxis colors and some recolors are too bronzey or orangey, etc.

Thanks again for all the great info.  Happy Binning  Roll Eyes

pinhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006 April 03, 03:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, it's possible. but it's more work to do. Smiley
Anyway you need to know the exact name of the texture to search for it in your game.
i already did a binned ofb hidden meshes, using a different process, to make meshes, textures and TXMTs been
used with what maxis included shipped with the game.

the name of that hair style is afhairlonglayer and amhaircurly.
you can use the Resource Finder of SimPE to locate the names of the texture to
copy them to apply in janna's TXMTs.
in the TXMT's stdMatBaseTextureName field.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006 April 03, 07:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone remove the extra textures and elder colors from melodie9's hair that she made for all ages?

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 April 03, 20:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i was using 0x1 to hide normal hairs and 0x3 to hide hats, but with OFB somehow those hidden ages
are showing only when you try to plan an outfit for your employees at a business lot (i don't know how is
called this function in English games, but is when you choose an uniform used by all your employees in the work). So, i presume
that will be good use the values to hide as the same that maxis uses.

But i didn't tested yet using 0x9 and 0xB to see if those hidden hairs are appearing there too.
Does this mean you can use these values to hide the chicken hair unless you want to use it to plan a uniform?
I have one hair I downloaded that will not vainish when I'm putting the 0x00000009 flag in, is there a way to play with the numbers without causing explosion? Like a list somewhere of things people have tried?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006 April 03, 21:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, it's possible. but it's more work to do. Smiley  Anyway you need to know the exact name of the texture to search for it in your game.
i already did a binned ofb hidden meshes, using a different process, to make meshes, textures and TXMTs been used with what maxis included shipped with the game.

the name of that hair style is afhairlonglayer and amhaircurly.  you can use the Resource Finder of SimPE to locate the names of the texture to copy them to apply in janna's TXMTs.  in the TXMT's stdMatBaseTextureName field.
   (would I need to change the name in the FileList tab too?)

Thank you Pinhead, I did try copying "afhairlonglayer - brown" and pasting it in janna's stdMatBaseTextureName field, but it didn't change the texture's color in Bodyshop.  I also noticed there isn't any "ufhairlonglayer" TXMT's or TXTR's in the search results which is usually what I have been seeing in the FileList tabs.   The reason why I was wondering about that is because there is no efhairlonglayer - grey just afhairlonglayer - grey  and I didn't know if that would help to point to Maxis's grey texture or not.

So I guess this also means I cannot point to any maxis textures for any new meshes by creator's eh?  If not, I guess I will have to live with the colors there.   Sad

If possible and I wouldn't be out of line in asking, could you PM the ones that you did, just for the found female set.  I don't really care about the male one until someone can fix the wild animation of it.  It's just crazy  Shocked

Thank you for listening  Cheesy

DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2006 April 03, 22:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone remove the extra textures and elder colors from melodie9's hair that she made for all ages?

This is where I started having problems getting rid of extra textures.  Maybe it's because they pull meshes or something from adult hair? Or maybe I'm a dipshit and don't know what I'm talking about..maybe both Tongue.

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: