More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 00:00:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.  (Read 113345 times)
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 08, 02:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, so that's why I don't know what a family reunion is. I've had almost all of the FFS hacks for ages. Hmm... maybe I should play without hacks for awhile to experience the full extent of the annoyingness tha I've been missing out on...naaaah.

Be your own fish.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 08, 02:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always got them after parties, before installing JM's fix.  Sometimes Family sims will roll up a want to have a Family Reunion, but it is not satisfiable with with the fix in place, because they never receive a memory.  But the description for the Want said that to have a Family Reunion, your sim should have a party where at least 10 sims in attendance are directly related to your sim.

wishy-washy:  I can just about guarantee that you will not last long, once you have experienced the Awesomeness!!  Cheesy
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 08, 02:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*giggles

Fixed an issue where NPC Mars Crumplebottom was causing objects.package to be corrupt.

gotta love their typos
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 08, 02:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mars Crumplebottom?  Must be her husband..........
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 08, 02:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or possibly, her home planet........
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 08, 02:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always got them after parties, before installing JM's fix.  Sometimes Family sims will roll up a want to have a Family Reunion, but it is not satisfiable with with the fix in place, because they never receive a memory.  But the description for the Want said that to have a Family Reunion, your sim should have a party where at least 10 sims in attendance are directly related to your sim.

Just goes to show you can't believe everything Maxis says!  And I've never had parties that big!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 08, 03:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from the looks of it Uni got a new patch also, I wish they would date these patchs instead of just replacing them Roll Eyes

* When being called for dinner, the headmaster will no longer decide to leave immediately after arriving on the lot.
    * Fixed various resets with the nanny that would occasionally prevent the nanny from being dismissed
    * Improved the cleanup of kicky bags (automatically cleans up any invisible kicky bags on lots)
    * Prevented an issue where the headmaster could get stuck indefinitely in a hot tub under certain motive conditions.
    * Reduced the possibility of non player characters becoming stuck in dormie's rooms due to door locking.
    * Fixed a reset that occurred while multiple Sims watched TV on sectional sofas.
    * Book cleanup has been improved to prevent the potential deletion of unintentional objects, such as vehicle portals.
    * Sims can now feed smart milk to toddler Sims sitting in high chairs.
    * During a joy buzzer social, the camera now only shakes if the selected Sim is involved in the interaction.
    * Fixed a rare occurrence of a reset that would leave a user unable to save or quite after a Sim gave birth.
    * User created paintings created prior to installing an expansion pack can now be sold or deleted.
    * The player will no longer receive text notification messages that deceased Sims "are no longer friends. "
    * Installing University on top of userdata that includes service NPC vehicles saved on lots no longer causes errors.
    * Eating marshmallows now provides a slight hunger motive boost.
    * Usability of custom content management has been improved by retaining the most recent page of content after deleting an object, wall, or floor.
    * Fixed a rare issue that in various situations caused a pregnant Sim experiencing morning sickness to die. (aka Sudden Pregnancy Death Syndrome)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 08, 03:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading some of those things before, Sleepycat.  I don't think that's a new patch.

Also, I know everyone is ragging on Maxis right now, but I have to say I'm happy they released a patch without endless screaming about it for months and months by us.  I know, most of us are set for bug-fixes because Pescado, Crammyboy, Twojeffs and others make them, but I'd still like Maxis to take responsibility for them, and they are being a lot better about Nightlife than they were for Uni.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 08, 03:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni and vanilla patches appear not to have been updated. Can't find anything on the BBS for those patches either.

I am very surprised with this patch. I didn't expect one until after OFB...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 08, 03:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wish they'd fix the nannies properly....... Cry

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 08, 03:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am very surprised with this patch. I didn't expect one until after OFB...
Same here.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 08, 03:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think they must have realised that the first one was issued too soon to tell what glitches would show up!

And maybe Maxoid tom was REALLY listening?

Zephyr Zodiac
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 08, 03:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, just to be sure then, this:

Fixed a problem that caused pianos that have been owned for a certain amount of time to cease providing fun.

is not actually fixed, correct?

I don't remember it being in the first Uni patch but then it was a long time ago when I read it and I recall that the piano really doesn't seem to be fun at all no matter if it's brand spanking new or been owned for a good long while without JM's piano fix.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 08, 03:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was supposed to be fixed, as I no longer have the pianofix in my downloads folder, but I've noticed that sometimes there is no fun - but not for every sim who plays it!  Wierd!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 08, 03:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(and that gives me an idea for an OFB store).

The shops along Cypress Street were functional only in that they moved money from the pockets of the tourists into the local economy... For the tourist, immersed in the oblivion of vacation spending, Cypress Street provided a bonanza of curious gifts to prove to the folks back home that they had been somewhere... Over the years it became a challenge to the Pine Cove shopowners to come up with an item so tacky that it would not sell. Gus Brine, owner of the local general store, suggested once at a Chamber of Commerce meeting that the merchants, without compromising their high standards, might put cow maure into jars, imprint the label with Pine Cove, Gateway to Big Sur, and market it as authentic gray whale feces. As often happens with matters of money, the irony of Brine's suggestion was lost, a motion was carried, a plan was laid, and if it had not been for a lack of volunteers to do the actual packaging, the shelves of Cypress Street would have displayed numbered, limited-edition jars of Genuine Whale Waste."
                          -Christopher Moore, Practical Demonkeeping

Do you think sim employees will be able to turn down the job as too distasteful to perform?

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 08, 03:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was supposed to be fixed, as I no longer have the pianofix in my downloads folder, but I've noticed that sometimes there is no fun - but not for every sim who plays it!  Wierd!
The piano bug was claimed fixed, but a screening of the actual code revealed that nothing had actually been changed. The matter was thus considered "unresolved" despite claims in the patch notes.

Let's see if it actually got fixed THIS time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 08, 03:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We shall see.........
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 08, 03:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Explains everything - I hadn't had many pianos in my game recently, more guitars and such, until playing a Victorian Veronaville, where guitars are a bit out of place!  Funny thing is, though, none of my sims have wanted a piano in this game, and it's usually the first want before the other instruments!  But I rather think Veronaville is very screwed up anyway!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 08, 04:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading some of those things before, Sleepycat.  I don't think that's a new patch.

Also, I know everyone is ragging on Maxis right now, but I have to say I'm happy they released a patch without endless screaming about it for months and months by us.  I know, most of us are set for bug-fixes because Pescado, Crammyboy, Twojeffs and others make them, but I'd still like Maxis to take responsibility for them, and they are being a lot better about Nightlife than they were for Uni.

odd, I saved the bug fix list for the previous NL patch (also saved the Uni list so I would have a complete bug fix list) that I downloaded and those were not on either.

I'm also happy they released this patch for the same reasons
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 08, 04:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They fixed the inventory bug with multi tile objects, so now I can finally use the basted thing....

but they didn't fix the incredibly simple errors with the vampire skin... textures are mapped wrong because of their typos!

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 08, 04:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be the bug Shaklin found?
Hmmm... could've sworn Maxis said they fixed it with patch 1. Glad I never took Shaklin's fix out.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 08, 04:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember all of them, but I do remember these specific things:

* Improved the cleanup of kicky bags (automatically cleans up any invisible kicky bags on lots)
* Usability of custom content management has been improved by retaining the most recent page of content after deleting an object, wall, or floor.
* Fixed a rare issue that in various situations caused a pregnant Sim experiencing morning sickness to die. (aka Sudden Pregnancy Death Syndrome)
* The player will no longer receive text notification messages that deceased Sims "are no longer friends. "

Plus, if they added a Uni patch, they probably would have mentioned it, seeing as it was screamed for long enough.   Wink
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 08, 04:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...I think I'm going to wait for further opinions before I download for now at least
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 08, 04:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh, figured it out Blue, my old list was cut off in the middle of a word  Roll Eyes

well you can certainly tell that
1, I have a bad memory
2, I don't use high chairs much for my toddlers

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 08, 04:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  I never have that problem anymore and I did remove the pianofix.

Oddness.

<insert witty comment here>
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: